Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

It seems like the Big-S wing segments don't produce lift according to the editor. I'll look in gamedata.

File says it makes lift... Huh. Well, I will use them like that. Annoying that it doesn't look like it in the editor. Picture shows the oddity.

XdhLUtD.jpg

35 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Mekan1k: Do you have FAR installed? The BigS wing pieces have a FAR configuration MM patch that disables the stock ModuleLiftingSurface because FAR doesn't use it

I do not.  I will see if I can remove that file.

35 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Mekan1k: Do you have FAR installed? The BigS wing pieces have a FAR configuration MM patch that disables the stock ModuleLiftingSurface because FAR doesn't use it

I do not.  I will see if I can remove that file.

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

shouldn't that MM config have a :NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch] so that people without FAR don't have to remove the MM config?

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

But from the screenshot it seemed probable that FAR was installed

if FAR was installed the blue center of lift arrow would not be showing (unless FAR was installed improperly). If FAR isn't installed and the MM patch has a :NEEDS, then it shouldn't have any affect on the game. Right? I honestly may not be understanding something here

@Drew Kerman: At least a version or two back, FAR would still show a lift arrow if a part had a ModuleLiftingSurface, which usually indicated a mod that lacked FAR configs; since the lift arrow was centered on a mod cockpit, I thought it possible that was the case; but yes, the MM patch shouldn't have any effect without FAR.

@Rushligh: I have a few ideas for one, so a ram intake is probably going to happen at some point.

@xD-FireStriker: The current M2X/M3X version have partial functionality in the prerelease; things that are standard parts or use stock modules work fine, anything that uses mesh switching or uses MM for functionality will be broken and/or non-functional. The KSP 1.2 updates for M2X/M3X will happen after 1.2 is released.

looks like im getting the same problem with the wings and the control surfaces not creating lift, i do not have FAR installed. Is there a remedy for this issue?

Also getting problems with the OMS engines(showing duplicates in same pod) and the mono radial pods, im using MM 2.7.1     would that be the cause of my problem's? 

Edited by mechanicH

@mechanicH: For the wings issue I'm going to need KSP version, mod list, and reproduction steps, because something is going on that isn't happening when I've tested the wings.

For the mesh duplication issue, do you have InterstellarFuelSwitch installed? OMS engines and the radial tanks use IFS for mesh switching between part variants. Note that the version of ISF included with M3X is for 1.1.3, and won't work with the 1.2 prerelease.

M3X Update 1.2.1 for KSP 1.2 is now up, grab from SpaceDock or GitHub. Mainly a KSP version compatibility update; changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.2.1
================================
-Update for KSP 1.2
-Part categories updated to use 1.2 categories
-Fixes Inline docking port control from here issue
-New Part: Mk3 Science Lab
-Model Rework: Mk2 Inverted adapter now has horizontal/vertical variants
-Coxswain OMS now uses new FX
-Mk3-2 cockpit now uses new RCS FX
-Fixed Linear Aerospike bottom node orientation

@robson1000: It's, uh..., a revolutionary new way of preventing probe core AIs from going rogue?

Thanks for bringing it up, looks like I missed adding them, I'll have to fix that. I've fixed it and re-uploaded the new version of M3X 1.2.1

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

I am loving this mod. Using the mk3 parts, I appear to have a 30 ton payload SSTO, fitting right into my long term plans. It actually may deliver up to 50, but I tried with an imaginary 30 t relatively successful. I haven't learned to land SSTO's well yet. I may post craft file if interested, but it will use b9 procedural and interstellerr fuel switch. More might be involved, but I haven't done 100% inventory.