Buying the game

szpw

Hi,

I have a question about buying the game. I was just wondering if after you enter your name and country, does it go directly to paypal? Want to get the game, but I don\'t have a paypal account yet, so I\'m just wondering.

Ah, but when I enter my information it just goes to a processing transaction page.

I didn\'t even enter any credit card information, so how does it work if I didn\'t even enter anything to bill? (This is probably a very silly question....)

PayPal is merely being used as the payment processor. They are the intermediary between you and your CC/Debit card company.

They use this position to attempt to convert transactional users into PayPal members. It\'s a really dirty trick, but if you read the options carefully, you will see there is a way to proceed with the transaction without having a PayPal account.

What happens is the KSP Store prepare the transaction then hands it off to a PayPal page that collects the transaction data (CC info) and then processes the authentication. If it\'s successful, the transaction is then passed back to KSP and your purchase is complete.

It sounds to me like you proceeded to the PayPal processing and left the fields blank. The next step in the transaction would fail with and invalid/missing information error, you just didn\'t go far enough to get that message.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

So...you enter the information and it then sends it to the credit card company, who then reconizes who the info belongs to and bills you that way?

Also, is there any way to pay directly through the paypal website?

Yes, all CC transactions online are done through payment processors, some are more transparent than others. PayPal isn\'t very transparent because of their ulterior motive to get you to sign up.

Right now there are only two ways to purchase KSP and both involve PayPal. You can either pay with a CC/Debit card and have PayPal process the transaction, or you can use your PayPal account and still have PayPal process your transaction. Either way, PayPal will be involved, it just depends on whether or not you want or have a PayPal account.

By using PayPal, Squad doesn\'t have to bother with setting up and maintaining an expensive merchant account. In a sense, PayPal is renting their merchant account for a small fee per transaction which comes out of the $15 you\'re paying, not in addition to it.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.