Female Kerbals Make the Best Astronauts

Mesons

...because the entirety of the ground crew is still male. What else do the femme kerbals have to do but go to space?

Is anybody else running an all-female space program? I kept Jebediah for old times' sake, and he'll probably tag along on some interplanetary missions to bodies he hasn't seen in my older saves. Bill and Bob are now Kax and Zela, my transgender crew. I haven't rescued a single male kerbal, and so far, I've rescued all the female kerbals which have popped up.

I'm appreciative that Squad have included female kerbals, but they certainly didn't take it very far. I'm irritated that there's no orange-suit female scientist or engineer.

I just hire the kerbals as they come up. Can't be bothered with sorting by gender.

I'm glad they were added as its something I wanted for a long time. Refusing to use male kerbals strikes me as just as strange as refusing to use female ones though.

I just hire the kerbals as they come up. Can't be bothered with sorting by gender.

I'm glad they were added as its something I wanted for a long time. Refusing to use male kerbals strikes me as just as strange as refusing to use female ones though.

We were forced to use only male Kerbals for the longest time - I think it's a cool idea to have a female-only save file. Each to their own, though.

Coincidentally, in my current career save, my highest-level Kerbals are female. Magie Kerman and Zeli Kerman. Zeli was the first Kerbal who set foot on another planet - Duna; Magie was the first to flyby Moho (along with Valentina and Bill), and was the first Kerbal to set foot on another planet's moon - Gilly.

My hiring policy is to hire the Kerbal with the funniest name.

Same here. That said, if I have a choice, I'll take a female. Don't ask me why. But Jeb and Val are my original pilots, going forth into the ughknown together.

My hiring policy is to hire the Kerbal with the funniest name.

Exactly! That's pretty much the only thing I consider when hiring them! (although in my current career I've hardly hired any, my recruitment process is to except all rescue contracts)

Psh, no they don't!

I know from personal experience with Daphjorie Kerman, who broke the solar panels on my Mun lander. No other Kerbal has ever done that in the history of my space program, seriously!

*Bob breaks a solar panel*

"Bob is a terrible astronaut!"

*Val breaks a solar panel*

"Women are terrible astronauts!"

Stolen from XKCD

(PS I know you're joking. I'm just expanding on it)

*Bob breaks a solar panel*

"Bob is a terrible astronaut!"

*Val breaks a solar panel*

"Women are terrible astronauts!"

[...]

... and that's the real problem with all females: they always generalise!

:cool:

My Career mode save has had only girl astronauts show up beyond the original 4 but thats because my current hiring standards are that I only poach astronauts whose former employers left them in need of rescue contracts.

All the male astronauts are for hire while every single rescue contract is for female astronauts (then again, every single VIP and tourist has been so far).

I've been taking along at least one female Kerbal every mission because they're new and hilarious, and the screenshots are different. My space program is roughly 50/50 gendered, though.

I accidentally stranded Jeb, Bill and Bob in orbit in my test save (game crashed, no revert possible, ship design was not meant to be practical). So now Val is my primary test pilot.

With the way I play KSP, that would be the perfect scenario for a RESCUE MISSION!

Same here. I have 6 rescued female Kerbals. I only recruit through rescues. I've accepted and succeeded at every rescue. I'm not very far along yet, but that's how it has been.

Also, Jeb and Bob mysteriously died, so Bill is the only male left at the moment! His dream come true.

I picked Valentina to pilot my first Mun landing in my new career mode, figured "let the rookie have a go"... I underestimated the amount of fuel I needed (been awhile since I've played KSP fully)... and ran out about 10k meters up, still going 200m/s.... so I tried to have Val bail from the plummeting lander and try to slow herself down with her RCS pack.... Somehow she survived a pretty hard impact into the Munar surface, and now I guess I have to send Jeb to rescue her... Typical woman :cool: (plz don't hurt me, I joke D: )

On one hand... first female piloted Mun Landing fails. On the other hand, first pilot I ever had to survive a 10,000 meter fall into the surface of the Mun...

My policy thus far has been to hire the least stupid candidate for the position. I have a good spread of male to female, so I think it's working out alright.

We were forced to use only male Kerbals for the longest time - I think it's a cool idea to have a female-only save file. Each to their own, though.

This was my thinking, and seeing only Valentina introduced in the initial crew, along with still-all-male ground crew, pushed me to actually do it.

Female Kerbals are all dead in my save, the more they offer for me to hire the more I send crashing into some random planet/moon. Female Kerbals have werid looking heads and eyes makes them look really bad and I dont want to deal with that eyesore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.