The new and shiny RockBird Pod v1.02

Deusoverkill

Greetings people!

As i´m new to this forum, i think a 'hello' and 'how glad im to be here' is in order so...thats about it. lets cut to the chase, now. i know that there is a section to introduce myself to the forum BUT i do have an addon for you guys. so thats my excuse. 8)

All right. im a cgartist, and i make 3d content for video games, a few days ago i found this crazy awesome game KSP, and downloaded with the SDK and few mods that i thought were interesting, and so they were. but then i thought 'there are no mods for the space capsule, im making one!'. almost six hours later i was finished with the texturing. a bit time later, after reading about exporting from 3dsmax and thats it.

this is what i came with:

the Fabulous RocktCo Rockbird pod!

Rockbirdpodoverview-1.jpg

to install it you have to replace the stock mk1pod, so you better make a backup copy of that one elsewere, and put this one instead, easy!.

in any case i´ve testded it Very Extensively in v0.8.5 i may add, and didnt found anyting weird, so its safe to use. (dont forget to make a backup of the mk1pod elsewere, better safe than sorry).

Anyway, thats it for now, maybe i would make more parts, who knows. comments are soo wellcome, if you have something to say or something is wrong with the download, go for it and comment; even en español ;D. Cheers! and happy flights!

NEW!

V1.02 with bumperstickers to know which way is wasd, Very usefull!

Mk1podv102wasd.jpg

Download link:

http://www./?3n645phjh34goc3

hey there! thanks a lot for your replys. nice to see that this one is been liked.

skunkmonkey: your retex are soo baddass!, and your black pearl looks incredible

Kellerhurtz , max peck: more models? Hell yeah, next week!

anyways keep it up with the commentin thing

seeya!

thanks for your replys!

Lawn Dart: yeah the description kinda suck :(.. my native language is spanish and my english writing is not that good. anyways, thanks for the heads up. i will pay more atention into it in future releases. :-[ reuploaded a new one (v1.01) with a less crapier description ;D

It's really beautiful, but I have one question. Which window corresponds to the viewport like on the previous skin? I have a hard time orienting which way to move (yaw or pitch) because I can't figure out which window is the viewport.

Hey there!

Dani-sang, foskifo, DeCi: thanks so much for your comments, very apreciated.

Dualhammers: Damn! thats a good question there....and I have no idea :P, BUT i can scratch a few marks in the texture hull just for orientation purposes.

i think that is actually a good idea. with a little WASD and colored stripes for the pitch and yaw axises.

hold on there, i will have a new version in a hurry (an hour or less maybe) ;) DONE see v1.02 ;D

Cannon_Fodder: new mesh and new textures; the stats are the same except for the max temperature resistance and the crash tolerance (16 to 18) that i increased just a bit. (is written in the description in the first image).

cheers

Nice job, I think I'm going to try this one out!

It's really beautiful, but I have one question. Which window corresponds to the viewport like on the previous skin? I have a hard time orienting which way to move (yaw or pitch) because I can't figure out which window is the viewport.

Pretty sure you're supposed to just use the artificial horizon ball. The orange V indicator tells you where your nose is pointing. W, A, S & D is always relative to that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the introductory post, and I've got a challenge for you (as you're a CGI artist), I want you to make me a special part. It's a sort of capsule, yes, but I want a lot of SAS action, and I mean so that you can drop it onto a toothpick on it's corner and have it stay like that (metaphorically), I want it to be in scale with Vaccer's liquid warp naccelles and engines:

a35aN.jpg

and most of all, I want it to be in the shape of the disk-like hull of the U.S.S. Enterprise from Star Trek. Here's what I plan on doing with it:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=754.0;attach=1630

I hope you can, and if not then it's ok. One more thing: I would like it to be vertically oriented, as of flying towards the sky (which it hopefully will be doing ;P) and I will give you full credit in the thread I'll make for it. Fair enough?

XD It's your choice. I don't mind making the ship.

I just read the introductory post, and I've got a challenge for you (as you're a CGI artist), I want you to make me a special part. It's a sort of capsule, yes, but I want a lot of SAS action, and I mean so that you can drop it onto a toothpick on it's corner and have it stay like that (metaphorically), I want it to be in scale with Vaccer's liquid warp naccelles and engines:

a35aN.jpg

and most of all, I want it to be in the shape of the disk-like hull of the U.S.S. Enterprise from Star Trek. Here's what I plan on doing with it:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=754.0;attach=1630

I hope you can, and if not then it's ok. One more thing: I would like it to be vertically oriented, as of flying towards the sky (which it hopefully will be doing ;P) and I will give you full credit in the thread I'll make for it. Fair enough?

XD It's your choice. I don't mind making the ship.

You should put the CM on the end of the shaft at the bottom (the lowermost part of the ship), so that it will work correctly. Otherwise, the other part won't work; they'll be in the wrong orientation.

The CM? I don't know what you're talking about. You mean the Command Module? I wanted the piece I was asking him for to be the command module...

The CM is the Command Module, yes. I hadn't quite figured out what the diagram meant, so I was a bit confused. Anyways, at the moment, there's not a way to use a different CM, so you would need to replace the original. I like the idea anyways.

Lennyoliy: :-\ Well... the whole NCC-1701? is what you are saying?.. you want v shape couplers and stuff. technically it woud be so unstable, and the asimetric V shape couplers for the engines would bend and crush the whole ship to pieces, Err...NAHH, thanks but not interested.

• 3 years later...