How Much Time Have You Spent Playing KSP?

SelectHalfling0

KSP was a Xmas present to me Dec 2014, four years ago.  My job is 38 hours a week, but I spend more time playing KSP.  I took almost a year off though, with the excrements(*), when 1.2 and then 1.3 both consecutively torpedoed mining.  I don't use Steam except to download.

So my estimate is 5K hours.  At least.  (And that doesn't include time at work spent thinking about what I'll do in KSP when I get home..)

I haven't been to Dres.  I haven't been to Eeloo.  I landed on Vall this year which is the most I have achieved in the Joolian system.  I've set foot on Eve and I've left.  ("How do you get a single stage off Eve?"  Same way they say you make a small fortune in the airline industry: "start with a large fortune...")

When I look at what I know now about KSP compared to what I knew back in 2015, I am astonished.  When I compare the little I know now with what the KSP community knows about KSP...  I am astonished.

What matters is it's been a ball the whole way.  And my family don't mind me being so happy.  :)

* I actually typed 'excrements', coz I know it doesn't get censored...  :)

Edited by Hotel26

Almost 3000 hours, most of it dedicated to atmospheric flight and sstos. The furthest I've been from kerbin on a planned trajectory was Duna, though I did make a Jool-5 + Eeloo run back in 1.0.4 which took like 80 hours.

I don't focus on the "Space" part of KSP as much as I used to, I should, though!

Steam has recorded 441.5 hours for my least-used install of KSP - the one in the Steam library. I don't play that install, I have it only to download the different updates/versions, and every now and then fire it up just to see what's in the latest update that just landed.

I have no way to really tell, but I suspect I passed the 10k hours a long time ago. Perhaps it's best I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 921 hours listed on Steam, but I have several other installs with planet packs, so probably add another 200+ to that. If spent a ton of time building weird aircraft and flying around Kerbin, Laythe and sometimes Duna and using Mission Builder to go to alien worlds with atmospheres.  So it is getting to where I start launching rockets again.

But I have to finish my own challenge and I am also currently dying in all sorts of ways in Subnautica.

Nearly 2 years, but focused for like only 1 year, planning a Jool 5 now, maybe with an extra Dres landing, greatest achivement was 200 Kerbals to and from Dres, but did land on Eve and Tylo, and other landables.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.