Any good games you could recommend me?

Cloakedwand72

Any good games you could recommend me that work on Windows 8.1?I like Action FPS and open would games like Mount and blade and the Elder scrolls and Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and Minecraft.And i am in to flight games like FSX and KSP.And i am in to stealth games like Deus ex and Dishonored and Splinter cell series.And i am in to story game as will like Mass Effect series and Dragon age series.And i am in to games with signal player offline mode.I am not in to these genres of games like Tower defense or point and click Adventure games or JRPGs or cRPGs or DOTA and MOBA.Could you guys recommend me any games that would interest me?Thanks for helping.

Is Cities Skylines hard to get in to for new players?

Not really, they made it accessible to almost anyone. If you want there are official mods and excellent third party mods to make the game more challenging, so it really is for everyone.

To me it is the best game I have played since KSP, which in turn was the best game I played since Minecraft. All have been a bit of an obsession.

Not really, they made it accessible to almost anyone. If you want there are official mods and excellent third party mods to make the game more challenging, so it really is for everyone.

To me it is the best game I have played since KSP, which in turn was the best game I played since Minecraft. All have been a bit of an obsession.

Is the Digital Deluxe version of Cities Skyline needed to play the base game i found the standard version on G2A for a good deal?So dos it has a high self life of gameplay like the Roller coaster tycoon and Zoo tycoon games?

Is the Digital Deluxe version of Cities Skyline needed to play the base game i found the standard version on G2A for a good deal?So dos it has a high self life of gameplay like the Roller coaster tycoon and Zoo tycoon games?

As far as I can tell, its just a little more content in deluxe, some wonders like the statue of liberty, just for supporting the devs. You can get standard

I've seen C:S, I want it, must have.

I don't like City skyline that much actually. It has a great building system and utility management, but having building restricted to the road and the economy management not as detailed as city XL (haven't tried XXL, heard bad stuff about it) makes me feel a bit...lacking.

Right now I am playing planet explorer, and I would recommend it, even though it is in the alpha mess with lots of bugs and glitches and stuff. It has a pretty robust, voxel based creation system that let you create items and vehicles for your character. You can also manipulate the environment and build structure to create colonies and stuff. It is great for the creative mind. It is like a combination of RPG (your character in the story mode can interact with story NPC and make choices and stuff), open world exploration sandbox (not that much different from minecraft, just with non-blocky graphic), strategy game (building your colony is like building bases in other strategy games), and building game (you can actually create a battleship and fly it around the planet, wreaking havoc with your big guns.)

Edited by RainDreamer

I don't like City skyline that much actually. It has a great building system and utility management, but having building restricted to the road and the economy management not as detailed as city XL (haven't tried XXL, heard bad stuff about it) makes me feel a bit...lacking.

That just means you did not play long enough. At first I thought it was pretty cool but not too complex, but after a while you find that the gameplay is incredibly deep and has many, many layers. And yes, there is a focus on roads and traffic, but to be fair, traffic is actually one of the main challenges in any big real life city.

Cities XL was good, but lacked in finishing. There were just too many things left unpolished to play the game in a pleasant manner, some really game breaking. Big cities are barely or not at all playable due to performance issues. Cities Skylines does not seem to have problems of that magnitude and is even still improving too. I really wanted to like Cities XL, but Monte Cristo went bankrupt just a bit too early.

The standard version would be fine, though I bought the deluxe edition to support the developers. They did a great job, you might want to consider the same.

Edited by Camacha

Right now I am playing planet explorer, and I would recommend it, even though it is in the alpha mess with lots of bugs and glitches and stuff. It has a pretty robust, voxel based creation system that let you create items and vehicles for your character. You can also manipulate the environment and build structure to create colonies and stuff. It is great for the creative mind. It is like a combination of RPG (your character in the story mode can interact with story NPC and make choices and stuff), open world exploration sandbox (not that much different from minecraft, just with non-blocky graphic), strategy game (building your colony is like building bases in other strategy games), and building game (you can actually create a battleship and fly it around the planet, wreaking havoc with your big guns.)

Planet Explorers looks very interesting. Do you need to be online to play it?

What about ANNO 1404? I played it for a long, long time and never lost the fun. With the Venice addition it is even nicer and overall a great economical strategy game with real-time strategy elements.

You could also try ANNO 2070 (everything gets funnier if you have nukes), but I´m not sure if it works on Windows 8.1. However, you need Uplay in order to run it.

I noticed you mentioned stealth games. If you haven't already, look up Thief 2 The Metal Age. I wouldn't know about the others in the series but T2 is one I would recommend.

I'd say Cities Skylines for building games, Bioshock series for shooters (Dishonored is my fave but you say you've played that) and my all time favourite is StarCraft II (I'm a big strategy games fan). Don't have that much time for gaming now, so idk about the new titles. :/

if you're into some turn-based strategy or just games with true difficulty, try XCOM: Enemy Unknown, it took me weeks to stop being addicted to it, even after beating the game multiple times. This is coming from a guy who is a fan of FPS games but i still love strategy when i get it. i would also suggest getting it with all DLC included as the DLC actually does what it is suppose to do and utterly change the gameplay without making it feel like playing the same game.

may cost $50 (with DLC) now on steam but since its steam, you can wait for sales

I would also suggest that you try Space Engineers if you liked playing minecraft. Its another procedurally generated sandbox game but with an intense amount of space thrown in, you could build space ships, space stations, mine asteroids and has thousands of mods to use on steam. it cause about $25 so its pretty cheap and really fun once you wrap your mind around how to design your craft and bases. And if you get tired of building stuff and want action, check out some of the servers for any war games or battle the randomly generated ships that pop out every once in while (although they are easy)

Kinda similar to some stealth games: Red Orchestra 2/ Rising Storm, but an FPS. You know the suppression system in Battlefield? Can't hold a candle to this game. My favorite line from the Steam Store was "Ever wanted PTSD but couldn't join the army? Play this." You will die, and die a lot. You will keep being killed by a rife at 200+ meters that you couldn't even see. You will learn to keep your head down, and find out that it doesn't help when running through artillery. But if you like realistic FPS, this is the game for you. You will learn the difference between cover and concealment, and eventually you will be the one making those 200 meter headshots.

planetside 2, and Gmod.

I would not recommend Gmod as its building system is useless. It also has a bad community, so you NEED to play with friends as there is no playable content apart from role play and user made game modes.

If you like strategy games and don't mind learning-by-death, I've really enjoyed Invisible, Inc. Its learning curve is absolutely brutal, but it's also full of tense moments and narrow escapes. If you screw up, it's your fault -- and if you're clever, you'll do better next time (which is what drew me into Kerbal Space Program, honestly). Since it's turn-based, it's just you and your brain against the computer. And the game settings are endlessly tweakable, so you can (to a large extent) modify the game to be as challenging as you want in the ways that you want.

The "story" is kind of bare, but honestly, with the kind of puzzles you're solving, a narrative might just get in the way of good pacing. And the animation and voice-acting are really nice.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, if you like competitive games and first-person shooters. I know, I know - it's overrated. But it really isn't that bad. You'll always learn something new when playing it. Stuff like predicting your enemies' actions so that you can blast them right between the eyes when they come around the corner. It actually requires tactical thinking, and when you get it right it's really satisfying. Play with a bunch of friends for maximum fun.

For stealth and story, Alpha Protocol. It doesn't have to be a stealth game, but it's probably one of the most engaging approaches. This game is also a shining example of how to let a player make meaningful choices, and how to tell a story. The player impact on the game, the story telling, the morality system (sort of), and the gameplay are all brilliant. This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. Rather than a proper morality system with nicely labeled options like Mass Effect, you are presented with approaches you can take, and it's up to you to decide how people will react, and what reaction you even want. You'll often need to change things up during an interaction. Also, things like mission order impact the game. For example, you will be buying your weapons on the black market, and if you carry out a mission to take out a major cache of weapons and smugglers in the area, that's going to impact what is available to you for purchase. Other choices impact how the story develops and so on. This makes gathering and understanding intelligence in the game important if you want to be able to anticipate the consequences of your actions on how the game is going to play out. As stated in game, "there are no good or bad choices, just results".

You might also like DCS World. It's a combat flight simulator, and it is a free game that comes with the Su-25t (and a mustang trainer. Other planes are paid DLC). The planes are detailed to various levels. The Su-25t is on the lighter end. You can start it up with a key keyboard commands, though if you really want to get the most out of it, your probably looking at a few hours on youtube (Robert Sogomonian has a fantastic set of videos for it, which serve as a good look at what you can expect from the game as well). You also have planes like the A-10C which have much more involved computer systems than something like the 25t. The flight as well is fantastic.

And one final thought. You might like the Myst games. They're essentially point and click puzzle games. The first game was recently redone (for the second time) and is truly spectacular. You can also walk around the world, a feature not found in the original games until the fourth one (I think. Might have just been the last game, number five that has that). Riven is also available on steam, though it may not work. At the very least, the map viewer, one of the last puzzles, may not function correctly and require you to look up the answer. The second and third games are the best if you ask me, with Riven (#2) taking the cake and Exile (#3) being the close second. Both games a entirely point and click, with point to point movement. Exile has better graphics, and 360 degree camera movement. Do note that both these games are pre-rendered (they predate personal computers that could have rendered such graphics in real time), so there is nothing you can really do to improve them graphically.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, if you like competitive games and first-person shooters. I know, I know - it's overrated. But it really isn't that bad. You'll always learn something new when playing it. Stuff like predicting your enemies' actions so that you can blast them right between the eyes when they come around the corner. It actually requires tactical thinking, and when you get it right it's really satisfying. Play with a bunch of friends for maximum fun.

Insurgency is probaby better. All the good sides of CSGO, without the annoying ones. And it's very realistic and breath-taking

Arma 3

my personal favorite

Arma 3 is a third/first person shooter that doesn't require a very beefy computer to play if you don't care for graphics

Story is amazing, and has tons of gameplay, any cinematics are short, and entertaining to watch.

You actually have control of the story and how it goes!

I would recommend Red Faction Guerrilla.

It's a sci-fi open world shooter with fully destroyable, physics modeled buildings. If you knock out the main supports with demolition charges (or a sledgehammer) it will collapse fairly realistically. Stealing tanks and driving through buildings is great fun as well. It also has multiplayer (including a hotseat turn based destruction mode and more traditional deathmatches) which can be pretty entertaining when the entire map is leveled at the end of a match.

The main story isn't all that bad either, it's nothing special compared to the likes of mass effect, but it's not bad for what it is.

It's a little older game now (which means you can run it on pretty much anything), but it's actively being updated again after a change in IP ownership (THQ went bankrupt and Nordic games got the Red Faction franchise).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.