Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

It also does not want to stay on its back. I will always roll right side up one it reach 600mps approx.

Probably due to you not throttling down to about 70-75% during maximum dynamic pressure, or when you are transitioning from subsonic to supersonic. It could also be an issue with the gimbaling.

Probably due to you not throttling down to about 70-75% during maximum dynamic pressure, or when you are transitioning from subsonic to supersonic. It could also be an issue with the gimbaling.

It's most likely the issues we've been seeing with the shuttle's aerodynamics, which are just being complicated by the max Q... basically the shuttle does not handle any kind of roll in atmosphere very well as we've been seeing with re entry.

Can't say for sure though right now, so I'll give it a spin on the newest dl and have a look.

I can't figure out how to launch this. It just wants to roll around and I can't keep it pointed anymore than five degrees above the horizon. Can someone please help me. And is anyone else having a problem with the launch tower retracting without staging it?

@Benjamin_arahal, nice to have people who think enough of this mod to make a review!

ps: the video comes up with an error, I cant view it

- - - Updated - - -

@cheech. I put your work up on the first page, your booster texture. amazing work buddy!

aw thanks Benjamin

update:

fancy new wheels on the way. just testing.

next up is the next aero fix...

also new booster decoupler

and new pointy nosecone

whatch this space

ok guys I have a fix coming up that should address these issues. hopefully today

Wonderful wonderful! Bravo! Very very small nit pick. What's the pipe going down the SRB? Is that just because they are turned the wrong direction?

I love the model (except for IVA) and really like how it fly's when you are at slow speed in athmosphere, but it is completely uncontrollable while reentering from space. Spins like hell. I hope this gets fixed (or maybe if you need help I would be able to do it?)

@jest. Adding a ton or reaction control wheel torque will do it but is cheap. I was thinking of lowering the centre of mas to just below or inline with the wings. But the oms engines will spin the shuttle in space. This thing has always lost control for me on re entry even on ksp 0.9.

Has anyone made any spaceplane in the game thats controllable on reentry? Maybe I can copy some ideas but obviously I cant change the shape of the orbiter.

I have spent more time so far getting it to land and fly right than reentry. My last few days so far have been spent on fixing other things.

Youre welcome to have a go at modifying it to get it to handle better. Let me know how it goes.

I also notice having the wings as lifting surfaces makes act strange when flying and having them as control surfaces works better .

Interesting.

I notice jovzin seems to now be doing the shuttle. I wasnt aware of this. Although it seems he knew I was reworking it.

I must admit he has done well with the textures and animations.

There is no point in having two shuttles.

One would assume that he has taken my 1.0 compatibility work and built on that to make something better. Who knows.

Anyway what is your opinions on this. he hasnt contacted me so its odvious he want this to now be his....

I notice jovzin seems to now be doing the shuttle. I wasnt aware of this. Although it seems he knew I was reworking it.

I must admit he has done well with the textures and animations.

There is no point in having two shuttles.

One would assume that he has taken my 1.0 compatibility work and built on that to make something better. Who knows.

Anyway what is your opinions on this. he hasnt contacted me so its odvious he want this to now be his....

I contacted each of you via PM informing the other of the work being done on this mod.

as I said on his shuttle thread... it makes no sense for 2 talented people working separately on the same mod.

We're a gaming/modding community.

Communities work together for a common cause.

He has mentioned some points that confuse me regarding Unity implementation and if you'd be willing to take on that challenge.

(huh?...whaaa?)

So again, instead of having two talented people either working on the same project separately

or worse....

giving up because the other is doing it

would be a nightmare to the community

His model of the shuttle looks like the one in this mod but he seems to be focusing on that

making it better, faster, stronger

maybe you guys can do something like, idunno, u work on the boosters/tanks he does the shuttle and then you both tweak each others?

(adding the Canadarm for instance)

I'm retired now, but I ran 2 companies once upon a time.

Last thing you wanna do is alienate creative/talented thinkers

TEAMWORK DAMMIT!

....backs away from the podium

Edited by iDisOrder

I have sent him a detailed message so awaiting his reply

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway guys today should be the new wheels and aero update 3. Slso the stylish new proper booster decoupler. Hopefully. And if time the et with no pink stripe