Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

No I still fly and use 1.6.0.1 for the IVA modeling. Do you have a complete version with all Mikes latests adds Cheech? I have no clue what to merge with 1.6 tbh because a lot of files/updates have passed the revue lately and I care too much about the flying characteristics and like them in the 1.6

Doesnt mean I dont want to update btw. Just dont know the status of objects and tests ;)

Mike you want acces to the Github? Maybe I can even transfer it all to you if you want that?

Edited by Jeast

Maybe not Jeast. I dont have a working version no more. Im retiring my shuttle fleet untill the mod is finished. It worked so good before and now its all messed up. Its not Mikes fault its all the other people in here saying I want this and I want that well before the CSS was ready for 1.0.2.

Maybe not Jeast. I dont have a working version no more. Im retiring my shuttle fleet untill the mod is finished. It worked so good before and now its all messed up. Its not Mikes fault its all the other people in here saying I want this and I want that well before the CSS was ready for 1.0.2.

Why not use 1.6 for the time being. I'm having a lot of fun with it ;-)

https://github.com/Jeast85/CSS-unofficial/releases

For .... sake hold on! So tired of this now. Wait till im home to sort your problems.

Eeeh what? hmm...cheech, you know that Mike bombed nights and days to get HIS features in together with Jeast and merged it finally into a working version? I dont have 6 wings in there, my install is fully functional. I dont know if youre realizing this, but your posts are read pretty demanding and offensive (my native language isnt english, though) so i can kinda understand that Mike is out. Keep cool, dude.

Mike, grab some sleep first. :)

Edit: i tested it, i reported odd things, they were fixed. Cant see a problem here necessary to clutter this thread with.

Ok im out. Tired of endless nights and doing everything I can just to have this ..... I cant keep up.

On hold indefinately

Mike,

I am sorry to hear that everyone else ruined this for you and the rest of the community. Don't let a few rotten apples ruin this for you and everyone else. Just ignore them.

Hope you change your mind.

I just said I was retiring my shuttle fleet! Didnt say i was giving up. Just got it working good and it all got changed without even asking for opinions. It worked great. Why change it all up when it was working? Its bewilders me! I been saying to get it organized and I recieved backlash for it. Now others want that and Mike dont get hostile with them like he did with me. This is suposed to be a CSS 1.0.2 compatability thing not a whole new shuttle mod.

Who knows? I cant tell what would have happened to it if it has been maintained all the time. Mike did a great job (so did Jeast and the others, too), and you still complain. oO If you are in line with 1.6, use it, i am looking forward where that mod goes, if he is willing to give it another go.

Ok im out. Tired of endless nights and doing everything I can just to have this ..... I cant keep up.

On hold indefinately

Woah woah! I dont know if this mod is cursed or not but please don't leave. I told you way way way back in the beginning that people were going to have polarizing opinions about the direction this thread goes. I wish I could find it but I did say it. Remember you do not have to listen to ANYONE!! You make this mod the way you want to make it. Don't let anyone tell you what to do. CHEECH I am beginning to think that you are Dragon under a new account! You are doing exactly what pushed raidernick off this project and ultimately and eventually off the forums. Here is what I humbly recommend Mike. Put up a stable release with the caveat that its highly a WIP. Then find 5-10 people who you trust and who give good feed back. Send them your builds as they come and they will test the hell out of each one. When you feel a public release is ready then you release it to the whole forum. I am not saying I told you so but when you first started I said that you were going to burn yourself out. Just relax take a few days off, don't come on these forums. Mod for yourself or make something for KSP. Make the shuttle that you want, fly it around, build a space station, paint it pink and purple. I don't care but try and find what made the forums, modding, and ksp, fun for you in the first place. If you can't, then I am sorry you will end up remembered and yearned for with some the great ksp modders of the past. But if you find what made it fun in the first place I think you will come back rejuvenated and better prepared for the best and worst this community has to offer. I hope that you find it because what you have done has the most potential I have seen thus far, and i have been here a while. I think I am gonna start calling this thread the Jumanji thread. Its been around forever through many iterations of KSP but its constantly being poisoned, broken, lost, found, shot at, stampeded and transformed into something else. Please don't leave J̶u̶m̶a̶n̶j̶i̶ I mean the CSS. I promise that you will be sorely missed.

Woah woah! I dont know if this mod is cursed or not but please don't leave. I told you way way way back in the beginning that people were going to have polarizing opinions about the direction this thread goes. I wish I could find it but I did say it. Remember you do not have to listen to ANYONE!! You make this mod the way you want to make it. Don't let anyone tell you what to do. CHEECH I am beginning to think that you are Dragon under a new account! You are doing exactly what pushed raidernick off this project and ultimately and eventually off the forums. Here is what I humbly recommend Mike. Put up a stable release with the caveat that its highly a WIP. Then find 5-10 people who you trust and who give good feed back. Send them your builds as they come and they will test the hell out of each one. When you feel a public release is ready then you release it to the whole forum. I am not saying I told you so but when you first started I said that you were going to burn yourself out. Just relax take a few days off, don't come on these forums. Mod for yourself or make something for KSP. Make the shuttle that you want, fly it around, build a space station, paint it pink and purple. I don't care but try and find what made the forums, modding, and ksp, fun for you in the first place. If you can't, then I am sorry you will end up remembered and yearned for with some the great ksp modders of the past. But if you find what made it fun in the first place I think you will come back rejuvenated and better prepared for the best and worst this community has to offer. I hope that you find it because what you have done has the most potential I have seen thus far, and i have been here a while. I think I am gonna start calling this thread the Jumanji thread. Its been around forever through many iterations of KSP but its constantly being poisoned, broken, lost, found, shot at, stampeded and transformed into something else. Please don't leave J̶u̶m̶a̶n̶j̶i̶ I mean the CSS. I promise that you will be sorely missed.

Damn me for not having the right words...screw it i am a dumb german with not enough knowledge of expressing myself in english, but...

THIS! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Jeast and Mike, you did some valuable work back there, do a github repo together and put every change there so you can both work on it. Like Jeast mentioned maybe organized as he proposed:

1 stable release for Jeast to fiddle around

1 "prototype" with the new features in mind - you can hold your incredible speed up if you want, Jeast can do some tweaking if he wants, we can test if we want

1 info - "i dont give a .... about if you like my new features or not, try them if you dare" :P

Last but not least: count me in for testing purposes, i am willing to give feedback if you need it.

So long

I think everyone needs to take a step back and breathe. The situation with this mod is not near as bad as you guys may think.

And in fact, I think going forward (presuming the mod hasn't died completely again) management discussion should be behind closed doors. IE, PM each other you fools! It appears to me that things here are getting too muddled up over whose working on what, how to coordinate changes and releases, etc etc and its mixing in with us testers, who in reality should only be providing constructive feedback on whats being introduced. Testers, while its nice to have a working version of the mod, our job isn't to just get in on the early releases. As much as I want to be playing with the mod, I only load it up when I'm specifically testing it. None of us have a right to be upset because one iteration of the mod is broken compared to the last. Constructive feedback is telling the dev's that the new aero isn't working properly just as much as it is telling them HOW it isn't working properly. It is also constructive to discuss the purpose of the new aero, which Mike has already touched on is an effort to support less parts for the Orbiter with the eventual point of a one part orbiter.

Deconstructive feedback is telling the dev's you're not going to test the mod anymore because you can't play with it with the current iteration. Its also deconstructive to insert yourselves into the management of the mod, but considering the situation I don't think any of us can or could have helped that (I fully admit that I may have been responsible for starting this mess with my over-eagerness to test the new version). What's being developed here is my opinion fairly unprecedented. What's available right now and what could come in the future if you guys stay on track is lightyears ahead of what this mod originally was.

But back to Mike and Jeast, as I said earlier, you guys need to talk to each other. I suggest getting together before working on anything else and just hammering out the issues. Get coordinated, and get a road map set up. Releases should be a coordinated effort between the two of you. Any release beyond a coordinated one shouldn't be considered a release, be it unofficial or otherwise. 1.7 is in essence WIP of a release rather than a release outright. As far as I'm concerned, and as several us have pointed out, 1.6 is the last release that should be considered ready for gameplay use. 1.7 is pure tester fodder, and nothing else.

Another thing to consider is to split development, with each of your guys' contributions not affecting the other's. Anything that will overlap should be worked on together. So, as far as this aero mess goes, finish it. There's no reason to revert to the old one going forward, as consolidated Orbiter parts are in fact something that would be useful to have for the eventual Official release. Having the orbiter be less split up will keep FPS up, will behave more realistically, and most importantly will look much better. If there's one thing about this mod that's persisted since the very beginning, its those seams on the orbiter's belly. You guys should get together and hammer out the aero under the new system. From there, any larger overhauls of any part of the mod should be a coordinated effort.

Edited by G'th

I will not further butt in into your oeganisation, i guess we all had our big time. Lets have a long sleep over it and then we will start to break our games anew...uhm, test the several iterations and give feedback, as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing: i tested 1.7 with mexhjebs autopilot function, it habdles it very well. I just got some funny issues at my descend (it was more like falling down gnihihi, even Jeb hat some scary faces then xD).

I will not further butt in into your oeganisation, i guess we all had our big time. Lets have a long sleep over it and then we will start to break our games anew...uhm, test the several iterations and give feedback, as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

One last thing: i tested 1.7 with mexhjebs autopilot function, it habdles it very well. I just got some funny issues at my descend (it was more like falling down gnihihi, even Jeb hat some scary faces then xD).

same here