Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

my focus is now on releasing the shuttle first, then the 747. the pad has been put aside for now. it can be used but is not textured

After you finish the 747, can you make the little engine cover thingy used on some of the ALT flights? Also, is there any way to make the gear not retractable once deployed?

I will try to make a Centaur-G when I have the time, and maybe the little pivot thingy. But what is the diameter of the cargo bay?

EDIT: Now that I found Saab's Historical Pack which has a nearly completed Centaur-G and Centaur-G Prime, I may not make one myself unless they don't fit in the CSS' cargo bay. In that case I would either get permission to make a ModuleManager config from him to scale it properly or make my own. It would most likely have the actual ISP of an RL-10, maybe the same thrust, and use LH2/LOX resources from the cyrogenic engines mod by Nertea.

Edited by hieywiey

After you finish the 747, can you make the little engine cover thingy used on some of the ALT flights? Also, is there any way to make the gear not retractable once deployed?

I will try to make a Centaur-G when I have the time, and maybe the little pivot thingy. But what is the diameter of the cargo bay?

EDIT: Now that I found Saab's Historical Pack which has a nearly completed Centaur-G and Centaur-G Prime, I may not make one myself unless they don't fit in the CSS' cargo bay. In that case I would either get permission to make a ModuleManager config from him to scale it properly or make my own. It would most likely have the actual ISP of an RL-10, maybe the same thrust, and use LH2/LOX resources from the cyrogenic engines mod by Nertea.

Aw sweeet. Yes a mm patch would be all good if too big.

Also I will be uploading my 1.7 today with enterprise. It has no rcs or the other features lile the others and has a engine cover

The landing gear I hvaent found a way to make it one way but I can make it have a time delay of something huge.

Do you have blender? That way you can open the centuar and the orbiter and see if they fit in eachother

- - - Updated - - -

i don't know just make it have the more bright colours and such and it will be fine :)

I will work on it...

- - - Updated - - -

YDXaTos.jpg

This mod just keeps getting better and better! Great job everyone! Can't wait for the next release. Looking forward to seeing all of this hard work pay off.:D:D

the 1.7 is in testing atm.

pics for your patience:

pMl9IwN.jpgOXgrNyj.jpg8k57Avj.jpgxbHa918.jpgbYZ5hTS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

747 has turbines that spin and the rear cone on the orbiter detaches

(not enterprise shown but available)

both orbiters are now one piece minus tail, wing flaps and engines, and whatever you put in the cargobay.

enterprise has no rcs or textureswitch, it will unlock first but has no allowance for engines so no cheating getting into space early!

soon to come!

- - - Updated - - -

This mod just keeps getting better and better! Great job everyone! Can't wait for the next release. Looking forward to seeing all of this hard work pay off.:D:D

thank you!

it is a lot of work. some things work, some take a long time

the 1.7 is in testing atm.

pics for your patience:

http://i.imgur.com/pMl9IwN.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/OXgrNyj.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8k57Avj.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xbHa918.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/bYZ5hTS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

747 has turbines that spin and the rear cone on the orbiter detaches

(not enterprise shown but available)

both orbiters are now one piece minus tail, wing flaps and engines, and whatever you put in the cargobay.

enterprise has no rcs or textureswitch, it will unlock first but has no allowance for engines so no cheating getting into space early!

soon to come!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you!

it is a lot of work. some things work, some take a long time

Beautiful!

do a mod of the airplane X-15 please

Normally I would say hey man relax let him focus on one thing. However!! In this case, your ability to just throw together a working 747 from scratch. Makes me think that down the road you should definitely make an x-15 craft and b-52 to go along with. Something to consider. After you have completed the shuttle and ISS though.

Normally I would say hey man relax let him focus on one thing. However!! In this case, your ability to just throw together a working 747 from scratch. Makes me think that down the road you should definitely make an x-15 craft and b-52 to go along with. Something to consider. After you have completed the shuttle and ISS though.

I love these ideas. Lookout for the screenshots

I have now been educated thank you. Would still be awesome. But not as awesome as antonov 225!

NV02uchDQ9AZq2dIgSE9t1PoM5q_Izrf_NAlumnBQ3oytIhQ56Rva3LltHTXoMsaT1Gxa0hPnpzai11nmzvRfTE-JplbR43uYiZiffEduv4w0DMv3Y4=w463-h318-nc

- - - Updated - - -

While im at work I can't do much other than post.

so we going for something like this next?

PiHnw8yNNmx41SCKnNfQkqi2RVU7n6W_aINSj8yoKZyy3FqVYCquXdNIbKdno4B5uEtpk8Oi6okOpWk_22EBxyOjvtW5KPQ=w491-h299-nc

- - - Updated - - -

Lol what are we doing to ksp?

I suppose we might aswell ad bdarmory mod for guns and missiles and bombs to haha

But I have more adapters/mounts to add to the orbiters cargobay. I will leave modeling that to later at night when I cant brain cfg's

Edited by Mike-NZ

more work has been done to improve the shuttle and simplify things.

booster and separator can be mirror attached for easy build

a few of the new parts:

D9zY1MP.jpg4ExVnfe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

place anywhere cargo holders.

also have the FSS with rotating and hinge connector for payloads. (almost done)

Awesome job man truly! This is becoming so much more than just a shuttle replica. It's becoming something that can actually be used. I can't wait and I thanks for making this awesome.