Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

the 1.7 is in testing atm.

pics for your patience:

http://i.imgur.com/pMl9IwN.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/OXgrNyj.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8k57Avj.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xbHa918.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/bYZ5hTS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

747 has turbines that spin and the rear cone on the orbiter detaches

(not enterprise shown but available)

both orbiters are now one piece minus tail, wing flaps and engines, and whatever you put in the cargobay.

enterprise has no rcs or textureswitch, it will unlock first but has no allowance for engines so no cheating getting into space early!

soon to come!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you!

it is a lot of work. some things work, some take a long time

*Ode to Joy choir starts singing

This is incredible!! You are amazing, Mike. This was probably the first time I'm literally hyped by a mod!

A slight suggestion though, the B747-100 SCA didn't have winglets :);

687188main_ED11-0237-16.jpg

Back in 1969, when it was first built, the Boeing 747-100 never had winglets - It was only added during the design process of the B747-400, which is the best-sold variant (And the modern B747 we all know and love) due to new materials, more capacity, and of course the winglets. It's what makes them distinct from all other variants.

The Boeing 747/s NASA ordered were -100s and -100SRs, bought from American Airlines (N905NA) and Japan Airlines (N911NA) and never retrofitted with them. :)

Other than that, the B747 is breathtaking! Have some rep!

You are just awesome.

You would have made rocket2guns (original CSS creator) proud.

Oh for no reason here's the original CSS thread.

Wow thats an old thread! Thanks.

im just like you guys, I wanyed to play with the shuttle again for ksp and just took it further with encouragement. But now I feel responsible for how it turns out and don't want it to end up being something people dont want.

But even I look forward to what jozvin and dragon will come up with officially. But since it is rocket2guns creation I dont know who is official now...

But we have the great team working with me to thank also who help out and they are doing a great job, each in their own way

- - - Updated - - -

*Ode to Joy choir starts singing

This is incredible!! You are amazing, Mike. This was probably the first time I'm literally hyped by a mod!

A slight suggestion though, the B747-100 SCA didn't have winglets :);

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/687188main_ED11-0237-16.jpg

Back in 1969, when it was first built, the Boeing 747-100 never had winglets - It was only added during the design process of the B747-400, which is the best-sold variant (And the modern B747 we all know and love) due to new materials, more capacity, and of course the winglets. It's what makes them distinct from all other variants.

The Boeing 747/s NASA ordered were -100s and -100SRs, bought from American Airlines (N905NA) and Japan Airlines (N911NA) and never retrofitted with them. :)

Other than that, the B747 is breathtaking! Have some rep!

You are just awesome.

Why thank you I appreciate your appreciation!

Thanks for the pointer, I never noticed...

I will change to suit.

At this rate it wont be in 1.7 due to needing more work and I want to get the shuttle out to people to play with as soon as I can.

Edited by Mike-NZ

Mike, as much as waiting for the next release is painful because of my impatience, you should take your time to make sure everything is working as it should to make sure the shuttle and all the things that come with it are as good as they can be. Waiting just a little bit more to ensure that everything is perfect isn't much of a problem if you ask me.

Wow thats an old thread! Thanks.

im just like you guys, I wanyed to play with the shuttle again for ksp and just took it further with encouragement. But now I feel responsible for how it turns out and don't want it to end up being something people dont want.

But even I look forward to what jozvin and dragon will come up with officially. But since it is rocket2guns creation I dont know who is official now...

But we have the great team working with me to thank also who help out and they are doing a great job, each in their own way

- - - Updated - - -

Why thank you I appreciate your appreciation!

Thanks for the pointer, I never noticed...

I will change to suit.

At this rate it wont be in 1.7 due to needing more work and I want to get the shuttle out to people to play with as soon as I can.

Rocket2guns is Dean Hall the creator of the game DayZ i follow him on twitter and before he was a game designer he made kerbal mods. He also made space engineers mods. He now runs his own game development studio so i would imagine thats why he never kept up with the mod. Dean has been a very big supporter of open modding and i think he would be proud of your work. When its all done we should tweet it to him, im sure he will be proud.

A fun update for the IVA people (and a bit EVA as well).

I redid the Canadarm from scratch, it has a camera in the effector and uses a magnet to grab stuff. The fun part is that it is completely controlable from the IVA. I created a position by the backwindow and with some good use of action groups you can stay warm and dry in your cockpit. I have to add one more camera for the "releasing" part, you will see why.

For demonstration I recorded a mission to release a telescope probe in HKO.

Still a lot of texturing needed on the IVA, but (slowly) getting there.

Edited by Jeast

At last... Proper IVA windows and stuff... Thank you! Can't wait for release!

Also you do realise that you should now only need to make minor changes with new KSP updates as it is now "released" (hopefully)

At last... Proper IVA windows and stuff... Thank you! Can't wait for release!

Also you do realise that you should now only need to make minor changes with new KSP updates as it is now "released" (hopefully)

Yes more aero work do do again for 1.0.4 but my issues list is getting small now...

A fun update for the IVA people (and a bit EVA as well).

I redid the Canadarm from scratch, it has a camera in the effector and uses a magnet to grab stuff. The fun part is that it is completely controlable from the IVA. I created a position by the backwindow and with some good use of action groups you can stay warm and dry in your cockpit. I have to add one more camera for the "releasing" part, you will see why.

For demonstration I recorded a mission to release a telescope probe in HKO.

Still a lot of texturing needed on the IVA, but (slowly) getting there.

Some pro work right there! Cant wait to use it!

Yes more aero work do do again for 1.0.4 but my issues list is getting small now...

Thats done on the multipiece already so you should be able to copy those.

Great Mike! I am especially waiting for that 747 to fly with...:cool:

Hmm, SNC Dreamchaser? Not bad there Mike, not bad at all. Now I have to find an a Atlas V to carry it!

Not bad at all.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ad/page26#post2026916

You maybe also want to give it a shot for carrying the Dreamchaser. ;)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen