Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

This is how a space shuttle mod should look like.

Yes! Thank you. I have used the fss rotator in game and the saturn booster it is massive! To scale. Has attach nodes and thrust. Cfg done now. Just need tweaks in thrust etc.

I find the installation instructions confusing...

Do I have to install any other mods?

Does it work with 1.0.4?

Is there a tutorial?

Is the download from the first post the latest version? (It says old downloads...)

Thanks!

EDIT:

Okay I found the 1.7 version and all the other updates in the comments.

Edited by stulleman

Does it work with 1.0.4?

Is there a tutorial?

Is the download from the first post the latest version? (It says old downloads...)

Thanks!

EDIT:

Once the bugs are fixed I will release 1.7 proper instructions and all that. Yes 5am finish now off to work....

- - - Updated - - -

Can I have opinions on the boosters thrust as it nears depletion. Thrust wise. Is it too weak too early?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, just so you know, that was called Spacelab, THIS was Skylab:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Skylab_(SL-4).jpg

I mix it up often my bad

Does it work with 1.0.4?

Is there a tutorial?

Thanks!

EDIT:

This is a development thread so nothing is finalized. Once Mike feels everything is good to go im sure it will be packaged up in a better format with the proper documentation for new users. Right now this is a WIP and your experience with the mod may deviate until completion. However reporting bugs is the biggest thing right now, i have been doing some extensive testing but since this is now a open beta the more reported the more mike knows about and fixes.

Once the bugs are fixed I will release 1.7 proper instructions and all that. Yes 5am finish now off to work....

- - - Updated - - -

Can I have opinions on the boosters thrust as it nears depletion. Thrust wise. Is it too weak too early?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I mix it up often my bad

Hey, no problem! I just thought I might point it out so you could correct it in your update log. I certainly do like the fact that you are working on spacelab! I presume you might make it useable in science/career mode in a similar function as a few other science-type mods (sorry, forgot the mods)?

Well, i see Spacelab as a combined research facility bundled with a few stock science experiments...so not as complex as some other mods handle it. It is heavy, doesnt fit with other things well, perfect for having it that way :D

I hope he plans to also create some of the satellites that the shuttle had launched in its history

There is a pack already. Us historical satellite oack or something

Ups yeah my bad! Didn't noticed it being WIP.

So after some testing (v1.7.2):

Does anybody have the issue with the STS Boosters not working?

Apart from that I didn't find much, but I'll be doing further testing.

EDIT: Okay the thing is when you attach the STS Booster to the node it won't work. If you attach to the main tank but not the node it works.

Edited by stulleman

Well, i see Spacelab as a combined research facility bundled with a few stock science experiments...so not as complex as some other mods handle it. It is heavy, doesnt fit with other things well, perfect for having it that way :D

The one I have is basically the same as the one in ksp for now...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, no problem! I just thought I might point it out so you could correct it in your update log. I certainly do like the fact that you are working on spacelab! I presume you might make it useable in science/career mode in a similar function as a few other science-type mods (sorry, forgot the mods)?

I can see what Idea i can use from other mods

- - - Updated - - -

This is a development thread so nothing is finalized. Once Mike feels everything is good to go im sure it will be packaged up in a better format with the proper documentation for new users. Right now this is a WIP and your experience with the mod may deviate until completion. However reporting bugs is the biggest thing right now, i have been doing some extensive testing but since this is now a open beta the more reported the more mike knows about and fixes.

Thanks well said

Edited by Mike-NZ

There is a pack already. Us historical satellite oack or something

I saw that one, but it only really has one satellite in particular, TDRS-1. There were several more satellites that the shuttle launched which still remain unaccounted for. Also, the "rotary satellite" launch cradles would make a nice edition to the mix!

Also another thing:

(EDITED)

1. When I EVA I can open and close the doors from outside (Not sure if intentional).

2. I can't get in the shuttle again, trying to grab the door kicks me into space :P

3. STS Booster Gimbal should be disabled by default

4. Engine brakes way to strong by default

5. Tail control surface seems to be inverted

Also I noticed a very long reentry phase with this shuttle. But I have to test further from other orbits.

Edited by stulleman

I saw that one, but it only really has one satellite in particular, TDRS-1. There were several more satellites that the shuttle launched which still remain unaccounted for. Also, the "rotary satellite" launch cradles would make a nice edition to the mix!

Well, maybe you should put that request to the Satellite Pack thread :)

Could you get me a link...I honestly do not remember what it was called! lol

- - - Updated - - -

change of plan, the US Probes pack is defunct now, raidernick has locked the thread and appears to have left the forums as well! :(

Most definitely. I will be happy to make these. Any resources you can find, info or pics on a few of your favorite sats for me

Could you get me a link...I honestly do not remember what it was called! lol

- - - Updated - - -

change of plan, the US Probes pack is defunct now, raidernick has locked the thread and appears to have left the forums as well! :(

Awww. Maybe I can get it functioning for now? I mean it would be easy. Dont need to fine tune aero or anything tricky. ..

Awww. Maybe I can get it functioning for now? I mean it would be easy. Dont need to fine tune aero or anything tricky. ..

They're still on his GitHub page, and Probus made a thread with all of them: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125397-Historical-Rockets-Probes-and-Stations But, the IUS isn't very precise even in stock, but Engine Throttle Controller makes it even harder to make it do precise burns since the IUS is solid-fuelled. That's why I think you should make a Centaur-G and G Prime to make things easier for most players.

Edited by hieywiey

from what I saw, it is very much up to date...I visited raidernick's page and noted that his title said simply, Left. When I went to the end of the US Probes Pack, I noted that it had been locked on raidernick's request. Given those two pieces of evidence, I'm sure he wouldn't mind too terribly if someone took over the project. And I think it would be very much worth it to the community if you or someone else could continue to make updates to his packs!

sure thing!

This mod s gonna be big. Loving it!

- - - Updated - - -

from what I saw, it is very much up to date...I visited raidernick's page and noted that his title said simply, Left. When I went to the end of the US Probes Pack, I noted that it had been locked on raidernick's request. Given those two pieces of evidence, I'm sure he wouldn't mind too terribly if someone took over the project. And I think it would be very much worth it to the community if you or someone else could continue to make updates to his packs!

I guess I could sent him a message first.

If he left he may not reply?

Otherwise I can get to work on the other sats and the bay holder

But I have the FSS to upload tonight. Infernal robotics is required.

Once 1.7 is bug free I will official upload it but not as css to avoid compatibility issues with any future CSS mod.

We need a name for this mod

So far I have STS or kerbal shuttle system. Maybe nasa pack? But could be copyright issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Ups yeah my bad! Didn't noticed it being WIP.

So after some testing (v1.7.2):

Does anybody have the issue with the STS Boosters not working?

Apart from that I didn't find much, but I'll be doing further testing.

EDIT: Okay the thing is when you attach the STS Booster to the node it won't work. If you attach to the main tank but not the node it works.

Did you use the booster seperator? It is basically there as a stock seperator replacement to look realistic. I made it node attach so they line up correctly

It might help a little bit to set the shuttle and its launch system as one complete downloadable folder and then group each other optional download into their own so people can choose what they want and ease the pressure on their systems and internet for download speeds!

Also another thing:

(EDITED)

1. When I EVA I can open and close the doors from outside (Not sure if intentional).

2. I can't get in the shuttle again, trying to grab the door kicks me into space :P

3. STS Booster Gimbal should be disabled by default

4. Engine brakes way to strong by default

5. Tail control surface seems to be inverted

Also I noticed a very long reentry phase with this shuttle. But I have to test further from other orbits.

1. Yes I left it like that to make it more hands on and interactive.

2. I probably misaligned the ladder collider in unity. My bad.

3. I will see if I can edit this in....

4. Engine brakes? You mean tail speed brake? Or...

5. So it is inverted.... ok will edit config for it

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It might help a little bit to set the shuttle and its launch system as one complete downloadable folder and then group each other optional download into their own so people can choose what they want and ease the pressure on their systems and internet for download speeds!

Yes I had that idea in page one origionally as "addons"

I will have to make it easy to understand as people did get confused

What about set the main part as: Main Download (containing the space shuttle and all of its basic parts, including docking module). After that, set another category as : Suggested Downloads or something like that. If it helps any, take a look at RO and/or RSS and how they do it set it!