Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

might as well upload these if anyone wants to have a play or if anyone is willing to spend time adjusting that Saturn booster thing feel free

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0sv7i622knm4nt/ModulesSaturn.zip?dl=0

EDO:

UqcVJsK.jpg

FSS Rotator:

fZGYbkM.jpg

Carrying a spare engine on FSS:

G2MXYmN.jpguvX0b1A.jpgx9TfXwb.jpgVjTUE5b.jpg

its still not finished. all parts really.... eventually!

Edited by Mike-NZ

Can we all please take a moment and show our support and appreciation for Jeasts amazing work that he has done so far on this mod. with the new cockpit, saving the css with his functional aero work and the new canadarm on the way

I know there have been times he has saved us from the mess I make sometimes and got us all hyped up with these new features.

It is a lonely night for me here tonight, as my right hand man may be leaving us, and this crazy all over the show environment I have put him in.

I appreciate all you have done Jeast, and everything you have taught me along the way!

Jeast and Mike I in no way am being sarcastic. Your names will go down in the KSP forum record books as some of the greats. Your name will be on the pages with the likes of bobcat, NathanKell...the great patriarchs of this forum. The work you have both done incredible work. I salute you both!

8CLyL1d.gif

Why thank you so much. I may continue modding for some time then. I can only get better...?

when I picked up this mod I knew almost nothing. it was a bumpy start that everyone had to put up with lol. still not there yet tho....

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0sv7i622knm4nt/ModulesSaturn.zip?dl=0

for those who want a early access to the parts I pictured above...

- - - Updated - - -

whoops. only has 2000 something fuel. adjusting back to 4000 now

sorry not fixes today guys. not feeling too great loosing a team member...

Quite the opposite with model requests. I like doing them and showing them off haha.

No what im not good at is if I mess up the mod badly and get a flood of issues and try to fix it again quickly....

Or being told its not release ready repeatedly when I have stated its in development.

So yeah.

There is no real order to models I put into the game and get sidetracked sometimes..

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Seems to work good enough.

scripted with engines as part of the fuselage and not an addon so the config is interesting haha.

But odviously not part of nasa...

Ok, good to hear that I have not overloaded you with requests! Also, as a way of bolstering your confidence in yourself and your work, your work on here has impressed me to the point that I have opted to change my shuttle mod of choice from the original CSS to this one for use in my planned space shuttle mission recreations on youtube! TRULY, impressive work!

WOOT!!! I look forward to seeing these! I feel so proud

- - - Updated - - -

for those who downloaded this recent addon pack. redownload it I added decoupler to FSS and increased solid fuel on new booster.

- - - Updated - - -

goodnight all!

Whoa, I really hope you continue! Don't forget about the ISS pack!

Agreed! You are doing all this work with the Cargo bay but the iss pack is awesome cargo!

Could you put all of this mod's parts in a custom category? I feel like very few mods use that feature, as you don't have to search the entire catalog for the parts from the mod you just installed.

found a new shiny

1024px-Salyut_docked_with_shuttle.svg.png

i'll try to find more info on this

EDIT: btw Mike, since you're going to make a ISS mod, you'll probably need a Zvevda and a FGB... May I suggest a new/overhauled Mir mod?

EDIT again: Is a new ET needed for the saturn? I mean, the original one can switch to a white ET, all that is needed is a bottom node (which can be scrapped from the new one which I haven't tested yet)

Edited by JoseEduardo

found a new shiny

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Salyut_docked_with_shuttle.svg/1024px-Salyut_docked_with_shuttle.svg.png

i'll try to find more info on this

EDIT: btw Mike, since you're going to make a ISS mod, you'll probably need a Zvevda and a FGB... May I suggest a new/overhauled Mir mod?

EDIT again: Is a new ET needed for the saturn? I mean, the original one can switch to a white ET, all that is needed is a bottom node (which can be scrapped from the new one which I haven't tested yet)

I made a copy because I thought I would have to modify it but is not needed

Agreed! You are doing all this work with the Cargo bay but the iss pack is awesome cargo!

Ah yes... cant assemble the iss without cargobay modules!

Where is the iss at this stage? Anyone know of any work done? I have not had a look at it in a while.

Where is the iss at this stage? Anyone know of any work done? I have not had a look at it in a while.

I think that Bobcat has made a slow return and is working on it, but he doesn't appear to be fully into it yet...

I apologize if I missed something. What's going on with Jeast?

I think he gave up because I was unclear with him as to what he should do for the mod and things were changing too fast and was hard to keep up

- - - Updated - - -

ok, didn't know, thanks for getting back to me!

Maybe a link to a webpage on it?

The ISS community pack needs a lot of work from what I understand. The trusses are the main issues that cause unlimited null notification errors and game crashes. I am gonna assume that there are node issues and docking port issues. Other than that the models are beautiful. I mean it's mainly a parts pack so from my inexperienced point of view it probably just needs some real TLC. Plus to launch pirs and poisk properly, bobcats Soyuz needs some TLC aswell. Plus what's an ISS without a functioning Soyuz.

Pretty! I can make a start tonight

- - - Updated - - -

The ISS community pack needs a lot of work from what I understand. The trusses are the main issues that cause unlimited null notification errors and game crashes. I am gonna assume that there are node issues and docking port issues. Other than that the models are beautiful. I mean it's mainly a parts pack so from my inexperienced point of view it probably just needs some real TLC. Plus to launch pirs and poisk properly, bobcats Soyuz needs some TLC aswell. Plus what's an ISS without a functioning Soyuz.

Thanks for that. Wasnt there different downloads? I think I have it in my pc. Will check it tonigh

Pretty! I can make a start tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that. Wasnt there different downloads? I think I have it in my pc. Will check it tonigh

I'm not sure. The one dragon uploaded is the most recent version. There might be a newer version however that one would be wildly outdated and I think the official ISS community forum page has a link to the old kerbal spaceport which doesn't exist anymore. Also I understand that it's a tough undertaking because to get the ISS to work you need to get MIR working. And for pirs and poisk you need to get the R7 and Soyuz working. So it's a lot of work.

Original forum page http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24728-International-construction-ISS-in-Kerbal-orbit

New link http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

Edited by sp1989