Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

I'm not sure. The one dragon uploaded is the most recent version. There might be a newer version however that one would be wildly outdated and I think the official ISS community forum page has a link to the old kerbal spaceport which doesn't exist anymore. Also I understand that it's a tough undertaking because to get the ISS to work you need to get MIR working. And for pirs and poisk you need to get the R7 and Soyuz working. So it's a lot of work.

Original forum page http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24728-International-construction-ISS-in-Kerbal-orbit

New link http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

You know I'm up for work if people enjoy it!

Yes I got some advise from dragon on it also

u-aQ-xCuJKm7E-vQpOa-iwg_Luc_l15ebZw22kWGCaImh_lKGpnnsljvFG3uSmt60s_13O6okOoYaTeJZVDphWhqR99BRPg1U7hxYnaUI2OYPVxwz8G5XQQPmFnfSVCwfx0kuinE6Yk=w440-h334-nc

So far we have 2 of the 3 main parts in this pic...

More:

vvXsB5q3JZVCn7AAADM4oQKy0Jm-qgtoFhfeD1nWSRd6e0HS_zAwKluNMEJDmFX3rx7x_nMAO3Vx3445kmOoSSyGasewbAyWFt6dAzkV_nUCzn9E7sXMJQlwURIlQZlZIzXqw-vdQz8=w420-h265-nc

542464main_SSPPbridge.jpg

Like I just need to chop my EDU module in half and add these instruments then texture it white...

Would we want fixed instruments or a variety if attachable ones?

Let me know....

Edited by Mike-NZ

I would vote for a mixed variety of instruments that are attachable via the vab.

Just noticed that Spacehab changes it's position according to the mission... there are pics with it far back, so it might be a good idea to add a extension to the tunnel if possible (and only if it doesn't give any extra work)

As for the ISS... well... to be fair I got it partially working (didn't try to mess with the truss at all other than the nodes) and Mir working for 1.0.4 so far, but I haven't made anything special with them, just added lab modules, KIS integration (MPLM) and added Mechjeb to DOS-7/8... if you want to take these projects over I can PM you the edited files to save you some time

Just noticed that Spacehab changes it's position according to the mission... there are pics with it far back, so it might be a good idea to add a extension to the tunnel if possible (and only if it doesn't give any extra work)

As for the ISS... well... to be fair I got it partially working (didn't try to mess with the truss at all other than the nodes) and Mir working for 1.0.4 so far, but I haven't made anything special with them, just added lab modules, KIS integration (MPLM) and added Mechjeb to DOS-7/8... if you want to take these projects over I can PM you the edited files to save you some time

We can share work if you like. So if I fix something I can send it to you and you can check its all ok.

With the truss I plan on doing something to its mesh or animation in modeling software. Its a fault with the extending panels ksp cannot compute something expanding that large by the looks of it.

So send through the bugger problems first.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, got a bug to smash, fairly easy one, the External Tank Doors need a greater than 0 mass value because KSP will go nuts if parts have 0 mass.

Good find. Will fix

You could make the JEM and maybe even the Destiny Lab work the way Nehemiah Engineering does with their Orbital Materials Science mod, where experiments are brought up, run, and then brought back to kerbin, just like the real ISS does with the HTV and Dragon capsule.

http://kerbalstuff.com/mod/468/Orbital%20Material%20Science

Hey Mike,

Just spent the last hour reading this thread pretty much from start to finish and subsequently made an account just to say that you are killing it on this. Simply incredible how much effort you are putting into this, keep it up!

Whats it take to get the 1 piece orbiter to scale up for RO/RSS?

f

I seem to be having a problem with the new version here. My SRB decouplers refuse to operate, whether it be staging them or manually clicking the button to decouple them. I don't remember seeing anyone else report the same issue and I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is experiencing this.

Hey Mike,

Just spent the last hour reading this thread pretty much from start to finish and subsequently made an account just to say that you are killing it on this. Simply incredible how much effort you are putting into this, keep it up!

Whats it take to get the 1 piece orbiter to scale up for RO/RSS?

f

hello and welcome!

I will need to make some module manager patches for this to scale it to RSS.

I will first need to download RSS which I hope I have time soon

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to be having a problem with the new version here. My SRB decouplers refuse to operate, whether it be staging them or manually clicking the button to decouple them. I don't remember seeing anyone else report the same issue and I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is experiencing this.

I am changing a few things now

The shuttle wasn't properly a glider... It felt through the atmosphere until the runway...

That is not true. It has excellent gliding properties. It is hard to control for human beings because it behaves different than a normal airplane. But it is able to perform extreme maneuvers. Look into the RTLS maneuveur for example and you see what i mean.

Hi all,

Great mod here. I'm pretty new to KSP, mostly interested in the flying and manouvering, less into building. So this Space Shuttle is perfect. I like the idea of limited power (Fuel Cell).

One thing I'm having an issue with is that the Nose RCS doesn't seem to do much. Yes, it's activated. The separate part has a clearly visible jet of propulsion, but the complete crew cabin with thrusters doesn't really show any "white vapor" and most of all it's not doing it's job in Orbit... I only get impulse from the tail end thrusters. It makes the entire Shuttle unusuable which is a shame...

hello and welcome!

I will need to make some module manager patches for this to scale it to RSS.

I will first need to download RSS which I hope I have time soon

If anyone could point me to documentation on modules for RSS I would happily take a crack at it. I have some programming experience and a full RO install already set up.

f

I have been working on the ISS tonight so no real updates.

for the booster attach issue:

the node on the booster itself should not attach to the one on fuel tank. it goes to the one on the side of the decoupler.

apply this fix to resolve issue.

(overwrite your files with these, follow the folder structure)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y8gy6w926nbxec/Boosternodefix.zip?dl=0

aero fix. it all works ok for me. it stalls out at 20-50ms

there is a constant slow drop but I don't want it to glide for infinity...

the nose will pitch down slowly if left alone but easy to keep up. especially with SAS.

I love how it can be pitched up during reentry and not spaz out like it used to.

I have been watching prograde marker and it doesn't deviate too much

let me know and I will re adjust.

it may help if you take off the control surfaces from your saved craft and attach new ones in the VAB to be safe

Aero fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95xpe2r4wxdd01a/Aero%20fix.zip?dl=0

=============================================================

I will be making a move to use addon version checker with the mod and have updates on github

I don't like posting it this way it gets confusing.

so when you start up ksp you will see if a new version is out.

and addons will be separate and on page 1 here.

but I will need to do licensing and whatnot

I have been working on the ISS tonight so no real updates.

for the booster attach issue:

the node on the booster itself should not attach to the one on fuel tank. it goes to the one on the side of the decoupler.

apply this fix to resolve issue.

(overwrite your files with these, follow the folder structure)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y8gy6w926nbxec/Boosternodefix.zip?dl=0

aero fix. it all works ok for me. it stalls out at 20-50ms

there is a constant slow drop but I don't want it to glide for infinity...

the nose will pitch down slowly if left alone but easy to keep up. especially with SAS.

I love how it can be pitched up during reentry and not spaz out like it used to.

I have been watching prograde marker and it doesn't deviate too much

let me know and I will re adjust.

it may help if you take off the control surfaces from your saved craft and attach new ones in the VAB to be safe

Aero fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95xpe2r4wxdd01a/Aero%20fix.zip?dl=0

=============================================================

I will be making a move to use addon version checker with the mod and have updates on github

I don't like posting it this way it gets confusing.

so when you start up ksp you will see if a new version is out.

and addons will be separate and on page 1 here.

but I will need to do licensing and whatnot

I gotta ask. Why not every time you make a patch or an update do you not just update the OP. Honestly I myself do find it very confusing when you fix something or add something and then have to look through the threads to find them. And then to find the front page has 20 different things. It's somewhat discouraging. It's one of my only complaints.

the only one I found that is lacking nose RCS is Enterprise, are you using it?

That is intentional, it's so you can't take Enterprise into orbit. Mainly for career mode, so you do the ALT (Approach and Landing Tests) with Enterprise and the 747, but you have to unlock the full Shuttle to go to orbit.

the only one I found that is lacking nose RCS is Enterprise, are you using it?

It was removed from enterprise. Wanted it to be a thrustless glider for use with 747 launches

- - - Updated - - -

That is intentional, it's so you can't take Enterprise into orbit. Mainly for career mode, so you do the ALT (Approach and Landing Tests) with Enterprise and the 747, but you have to unlock the full Shuttle to go to orbit.

Thanks. This.