Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

posting again to continue receiving updates.

I'm following this thread, but I seem to have to post to renew receiving them (?)

Here is the plan:

When I release an update I will post full current version download on page one.

Or for those who dont want to download the whole thing everytime I can have a patch to bring your current version up to latest.

Sound ok?

And will use mini avc auto updater if I can figure it out

- - - Updated - - -

worked on this while at work, I can't work them further because of model texture limitations (which I have spoke with Mike already about it, so no worries :) )

http://imgur.com/a/uYThU

Will make you the texture switch edits and send to you when I get home so you can have it all working

Okay, sorry for the confusion... I found the 1.7 with the two update packs ten or more pages back in this thread, and now things are good...

Might indeed be better to but some info on first page...

Great mod. Especially since it's a third of the part count from the other Shuttle I had before... and the added functionality is awesome.

Edited by Helmut_AUT

ok I redone the licensing, compiled a full version.

added to front page.

download is for shuttle only. includes launch instructions, install instructions and craft files.

separate downloads and extras on page one.

downloads/updates from page one only from now on

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Current version: 1.7.3

when I make an update it will become full version update 1.7.4.

easy.

for those who don't want to download the whole thing everytime I can make a hotfix. it will be called 'patch to update from v1.7.3 to v1.7.4' or something

github page and auto updates with AVC to come soon! (when I figure it out)

Edited by Mike-NZ

Great job on updating the first page and the packaging of Shuttle + Extra Modules. Many thanks!

It does seem that 1.7.3 has more of a tendency to nose back (i.e. tank flipping over Shuttle) than 1.7.2 - or is that my imagination?

Anyone happens to have advice on fuel saving? I barely managed to make a circular 90K orbit, extend a payload to 150K and then land again. If I had to meet the "Kir" or do some docking I'd be out of fuel... - payload of 8t certainly isn't too high?

Who wants to go mach 6?

gonna try out this lil guy in game...

http://i.imgur.com/mE6zH3Y.jpg

Lemme guess, You're gonna make a B-52... And then a X-1 and a B-29. This is gonna become the "Roots of Spaceflight (and the Space Shuttle) Pack" soon, I can tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I could make contracts for the ALT flights, once I figure out how to do that (it should be easier than modeling, as I think its mainly done in text files.). :wink:

Great job on updating the first page and the packaging of Shuttle + Extra Modules. Many thanks!

It does seem that 1.7.3 has more of a tendency to nose back (i.e. tank flipping over Shuttle) than 1.7.2 - or is that my imagination?

Anyone happens to have advice on fuel saving? I barely managed to make a circular 90K orbit, extend a payload to 150K and then land again. If I had to meet the "Kir" or do some docking I'd be out of fuel... - payload of 8t certainly isn't too high?

thanks for the test! I will re adjust the launch stability, what fuel needs to be increased? booster, fain tank or oms fuel? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or do the engines produce to much heat and explode very early?

is this the main engines? I can reduce heat for them

- - - Updated - - -

The animation of the Tail control Surface is inverted. The Aero is great now!!

its amazing I somehow made it fly ok! good to hear. I will figure out the tail inverted issue...

- - - Updated - - -

patch for above posts added to page one below main download link. let me know how it works and if its ok I will add it do main 1.7.3

- - - Updated - - -

F117 on left, x-15 on right. see the external command seat there, so you can see your kerbal in the cockpit! this means you will have to 'get in' the x-15hTLZu9K.png

- - - Updated - - -

Lemme guess, You're gonna make a B-52... And then a X-1 and a B-29. This is gonna become the "Roots of Spaceflight (and the Space Shuttle) Pack" soon, I can tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I could make contracts for the ALT flights, once I figure out how to do that (it should be easier than modeling, as I think its mainly done in text files.). :wink:

I did contact tjsnh about contracts because he is making NASA contracts but I think this mod has too many dependencies for him. check this page:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/127398-NASA-Career-mode-total-conversion

but this has to be suitable right? its so nasa its up there with FASA, which he also isn't willing to do at this stage...

so if you can make some missions for us I would LOVE that

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, possible issue: The "heat effect red shine" stays active even at landing speeds and altitude?

I have not figured this one out. I will try

- - - Updated - - -

I will be starting off with real solar system, it is an easier step than realism overhaul I think.

I will be needing testers this weekend for it also.

a separate download will be up on page one which will contain the RSS patch to apply to the mod.

I think an example module manager patch should look like this:

@PART[CSS_ExTank]

{

@mass = 2 //6

@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]

{

@amount = 9976 //4988

@maxAmount = 9976 //4988

}

@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]

{

@amount = 12196 //6098

@maxAmount = 12196 //6098

}

}

can anyone correct me?

- - - Updated - - -

that's basically X2 fuel ammount

is this for a RSS config? you'll have to adjust the engines for the extra weight... I would advise to make a RO config instead of one exclusively for RSS, I can help with that if you want

if you could I would be so happy!

time is limited on my end

- - - Updated - - -

ok from what I understand RO makes thing realistic but keeps standard ksp planet size...

so we will need configs to adjust fuel etc for the larger RSS mod's bigger planet right?

Are you using FAR by any chance? I've found the recent versions to be a bit funny with temperatures (with other mods), especially during ascents.

feedback is key. I never knew about this issue...

I am making a new install with Realism overhaul, Far, Real Fuels and Real Solar System

so this is my next project now that the shuttle mod is kinda stable

it may take a bit of brainpower... If I can outsource it to anyone who can help, so I can finish off the modeling... any takers?

if you could I would be so happy!

time is limited on my end

- - - Updated - - -

ok from what I understand RO makes thing realistic but keeps standard ksp planet size...

so we will need configs to adjust fuel etc for the larger RSS mod's bigger planet right?

RO is supposed to run with either RSS or another mod that scales the Kerbol system, however there are some configs for a stock RealFuels, but I have no idea on where I can get the chart for the thrust numbers and neither know the math they use for stock values under RF

RO is supposed to run with either RSS or another mod that scales the Kerbol system, however there are some configs for a stock RealFuels, but I have no idea on where I can get the chart for the thrust numbers and neither know the math they use for stock values under RF

I think we can set up the numbers by trial and error.

I can put in some setting and try it out. Of I come up with something ill send it to you

Well, there are some fundamental flaws included in the CSS pack. The node position and coliders for the control surfaces are misaligned, therefore seriously hampering any FAR config.

The delta wing is also impossible to model with one single part, as its a complex shape that FAR can't emulate if it's monolithic, afaik.

I've helped with the current CSS RO config, I am currently contributing to a CSS fork along with a few others. It is focused exclusively for release with Realism overhaul and all of its dependencies.

You are doing some cool work here, and the modeling is nice(I especially like the cockpit); however the configuration is a little hazy, such as xenon, an inert gas, being used to somehow generate electricity? -Just read it was a placeholder, disregard!

You will need alot more than a MM config, but its possible of course. You will definitely want to familiarize yourself with realism overhaul and dependencies such as Ferram Aerospace.

If you put the same effort that you have put into the current release, then you should end up with a decent config, and I honestly wish you the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Heres two links that will certainly come in handy, if you chose to do it.

https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/wiki/Deriving-FAR-values-for-a-wing-using-Blender-2.7

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Syntax

Edited by advice_dawgg

Mike I can't give you anymore rep! However you deserve all the rep. I'll say it over and over again, you have breathed new life into this mod along with expanding it and making it more than anyone could have ever thought! You should seriously consider changing the name to "Shuttle Origins Pack" If it all works out I mean I am sure some hardworking modder can take your parts and Fasas and make a proper NASA tech tree and contracts. Starting from the x-1 (sorry for assuming you would do that) all the way through the ISS and shuttle. The present and future of this mod is very exciting!

any one?????

This mod isn't compatible with RSS/RO yet. There have been discussions on the last few pages about RSS/RO configs but yea sorry its not ready for that yet. They are just getting this to work perfectly in standard KSP RSS/RO is essentially entirely different game with its own rules lol. These guys have really quick turn arounds on the things they set their minds to, so sit tight I am sure they will have something ready soon.