Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Are you using FAR by any chance? I've found the recent versions to be a bit funny with temperatures (with other mods), especially during ascents.

No, i'm using the default aerodynamics... i solved it quickly by raising the max temperature from 2000 to 3000.

But that's not the worst: the worst thing is the heat transfer between parts is too low: the SSME's stays very long red hot in orbit... and it doesn't end there: the OMS produces a lot of heat aswell and it doesn't get much of it radiated or cunducted to other parts.

Edited by MK3424

No, i'm using the default aerodynamics... i solved it quickly by raising the max temperature from 2000 to 3000.

But that's not the worst: the worst thing is the heat transfer between parts is too low: the SSME's stays very long red hot in orbit... and it doesn't end there: the OMS produces a lot of heat aswell and it doesn't get much of it radiated or cunducted to other parts.

Thanks for tje pointers. Ksp changes about as fast as this mod lol its hard to keep up especially with rss and ro aswell now.

I will go through all the parts and check heat transfer amd make the radiators actually loose the heat of the shuttle...

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed' date=' and now that I have a working computer again I can resume testing, which I'm sure Mike will appreciate.[/quote']

Wooot thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

any one?????

Sorry but that looks funny! I know why it does that but it shouldnt. Those ate the parts that use scale change in their cfg but doenst affect others normally.

I will have to scale up those parts in my modelling program instead of cfg scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Mike I can't give you anymore rep! However you deserve all the rep. I'll say it over and over again, you have breathed new life into this mod along with expanding it and making it more than anyone could have ever thought! You should seriously consider changing the name to "Shuttle Origins Pack" If it all works out I mean I am sure some hardworking modder can take your parts and Fasas and make a proper NASA tech tree and contracts. Starting from the x-1 (sorry for assuming you would do that) all the way through the ISS and shuttle. The present and future of this mod is very exciting!

Thank you so much.

hmm x-1 you say.....

Yes this mod will be big!

going for rss testing now that im awake

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody explain how i assemble that CanadaArm because ive been messing with it for like an hour now and still i'm not good anough to complete it

I will put it together for download and make it available for selection from the sub assembly menu

I will go through all the parts and check heat transfer amd make the radiators actually loose the heat of the shuttle...

The Shuttle itself radiates a good amount of heat already, it's the conductivity that has to be ramped up.

But i still have one question: what's with the SRB seperation engines in the cones? I can't seem to find any visual reference to where the thrusters are and where they are pointed at.

Edited by MK3424

The Shuttle itself radiates a good amount of heat already, it's the conductivity that has to be ramped up.

But i still have one question: what's with the SRB seperation engines in the cones? I can't seem to find any visual reference to where the thrusters are and where they are pointed at.

on the top of the cone is a small RED arrow it needs to point in the direction you want the boosters to go. it should point AWAY from the ship

on the top of the cone is a small RED arrow it needs to point in the direction you want the boosters to go. it should point AWAY from the ship

Really? Thanks! (i didn't noticed it first)

Maybe a small bit of advice: i'm testing out ways to use the RKE Kanadarm (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112881-1-0-x-RKE-Kanadarm-v0-11-0-May-24) on the CSS shuttle because it has a grabbling fixture for payloads...

Looks like a good contendor for the ARM.... although, it doesn't have the Shuttle wrists.

Really? Thanks! (i didn't noticed it first)

Maybe a small bit of advice: i'm testing out ways to use the RKE Kanadarm (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112881-1-0-x-RKE-Kanadarm-v0-11-0-May-24) on the CSS shuttle because it has a grabbling fixture for payloads...

Looks like a good contendor for the ARM.... although, it doesn't have the Shuttle wrists.

yes jeast was reworking the canadarm before he quit, I will add on some form of attaching tool to the canadarm. I will use squads grabber config to make an attachable

half way through the RSS config, almost test ready guys.

lol without it I cant get far off the ground

- - - Updated - - -

id say download RSS, Real fuels and RO in a new install to be ready for it

Orbit is easy. Its the re-entry and glide-scope that will have you burning the midnight oil.

Feel free to use the RO config for the most part. Its a little outdated, but it will get you near the base values.

yup. bridges to cross.

so far so good!

as you would know due to the massive part changes this needed a new config basically

vIFwDMw.jpg

HELLO NEW ZEALAND!

will be building brand new launch clamps to replicate the real thing. will be needed for this new RO!

STS-79_rollout.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh and the first release of RO/RSS work is ready if anyone wants a go

Is it possible to use tje latest version without ModManager.dll? I swear it killed my stock install (parts gone missing).

As for fuel/engines, I'm now better at conserving, but the OMS increase seems about right to work 400k orbits so please kerp it :)

Bit OT: can someone recommend an ISS parts mod to go with this (constructing ISS...)?

Edited by Helmut_AUT

MDjyqkO.jpg

can anyone correct me if im wrong here

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to use tje latest version without ModManager.dll? I swear it killed my stock install (parts gone missing).

As for fuel/engines, I'm now better at conserving, but the OMS increase seems about right to work 400k orbits so please kerp it :)

Bit OT: can someone recommend an ISS parts mod to go with this (constructing ISS...)?

with the download on the first page there are no module manager configs that overwrite anything so its not needed.

but for the realism overhaul update it is. (lots in the RO mod itself)

- - - Updated - - -

also if your upgrading from an older version of this mod to the new one there would be a lot of parts removed b'cos theyre not used anymore

Realism Overhaul compatible version added to front page

let me know how it goes!

the main things I left out for now were physical rescale of the whole shuttle (by about 1.6x larger) and fuselage weight

Edited by Mike-NZ

Just took a look at the front page' date=' holy hell mike. You've been busy since my harddrive died xD[/quote']

I rekon you will feel right at home -literally- with realism overhaul and rss installed!

One thing I noticed and might be able to help with is the SSME sound. They sound wonderful however there is a noticeable click or clipping sound from what I assume is at the end of the loop? If I get a chance today I will look at the WAV files and see if I can make it smoother.