Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

One thing I noticed and might be able to help with is the SSME sound. They sound wonderful however there is a noticeable click or clipping sound from what I assume is at the end of the loop? If I get a chance today I will look at the WAV files and see if I can make it smoother.

Thanks for that. Let me know how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed ive been on this thing for about 8 weeks now I think. Lol I knew nithing before this... why you guys let me get caried away for?

Thanks for that. Let me know how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed ive been on this thing for about 8 weeks now I think. Lol I knew nithing before this... why you guys let me get caried away for?

Because.......

m7jIMtU.gif

Hey Mike I inboxed you the new SSME sound loop. No more click noise during ascent for the ssme's. With your permission I will post the fix on here for the time being.

Is it me or do the ARM robotic parts won't move at all?...

I noticed that. It worked in ksp 1.0.2. I will check

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mike I inboxed you the new SSME sound loop. No more click noise during ascent for the ssme's. With your permission I will post the fix on here for the time being.

That is so awesome I will check it out when I get home again. Thanks

I noticed that. It worked in ksp 1.0.2. I will check

- - - Updated - - -

That is so awesome I will check it out when I get home again. Thanks

I also sent you some x-15 sounds I made

:cool: thanks for the sounds! Making this an awesome mod

- - - Updated - - -

This might be a good time now that v1.7 is done to ask what would you guys like to see Done now?

I will continue to add to and finish my current work, but I am looking for some suggestions.

Any requests I have missed or forgotten,

Any originally planed css ideas you wanted to see put in,

Or any new ideas or addons or modifications for the mod.

The x1 is an idea im keen on, also the hitchhiker module.

Let me know

Edited by Mike-NZ

- - - Updated - - -

This might be a good time now that v1.7 is done to ask what would you guys like to see Done now?

I will continue to add to and finish my current work, but I am looking for some suggestions.

Let me know

I don't mean to sound like a broken record but the ISS, now that the shuttle is 99% I would love to be able to use the ISS community pack again. I started playing ksp when the ISS pack actually worked. I spent weeks building the ISS renter the whole thing and build it again. I also built it without the Shuttle. So I would love to do that again.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record but the ISS, now that the shuttle is 99% I would love to be able to use the ISS community pack again. I started playing ksp when the ISS pack actually worked. I spent weeks building the ISS renter the whole thing and build it again. I also built it without the Shuttle. So I would love to do that again.

Ah yes. If I played ksp more I would alsi be wanting the iss.

Do you have it now and waiting for some parts to be fixed or waiting for a full release?

I can do a github branch for the working iss parts

Ah yes. If I played ksp more I would alsi be wanting the iss.

Do you have it now and waiting for some parts to be fixed or waiting for a full release?

I can do a github branch for the working iss parts

Well I don't have it. I am waiting for a full release. Its still available in the bobcat historical thread with all the other parts. Its probably gonna need quite some work, but just docking ports and node issues. That and the backbone of the ISS pack is the MIR pack. Which would also go nice with the Shuttle. Other than those node issues and the docking ports the ISS pack is just really a parts pack. There are no IVAs but the the MPL and hitchhiker container can be added to the american sides. Bobcat already made IVAs for the Russian sides and they are beautiful so they don't need to be changed. The only issue even when all of that is fixed, that has plagued the pack for about 6 releases now is the infinite amount of Null exception errors that get thrown with the trusses. The trusses is where you will probably spend most of your time fixing. The rest can probably done in a night. The most recent download of the ISS and MIR Dragon maintained up until .90. Mir needs to be fixed because it has the Zvedea and Zaraya modules. Also the Soyuz needs to be fixed because you wont be able to launch the Pirs and Poisk modules properly. It looks like someone on the thread has got it working. Maybe you could collaborate with him to get things going again. Also a switch to DDS textures will bring everything up to date with 1.04.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

Well... since i can't use the ARM parts (for now) i'm now using the RKE Kanadarm for the shuttle and it fits the shuttle well... although that the parts a bit bigger than the Shuttle's arm:

7B729E19BBC5B09F293DF2F0EC2C0C5D95D9611E

Well... since i can't use the ARM parts (for now) i'm now using the RKE Kanadarm for the shuttle and it fits the shuttle well... although that the parts a bit bigger than the Shuttle's arm:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/628600386307136862/7B729E19BBC5B09F293DF2F0EC2C0C5D95D9611E/

Will try upload fixed one tonight.

Looks good by the way! Nice to see people working the shuttle hard doing all sorts of jobs

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't have it. I am waiting for a full release. Its still available in the bobcat historical thread with all the other parts. Its probably gonna need quite some work, but just docking ports and node issues. That and the backbone of the ISS pack is the MIR pack. Which would also go nice with the Shuttle. Other than those node issues and the docking ports the ISS pack is just really a parts pack. There are no IVAs but the the MPL and hitchhiker container can be added to the american sides. Bobcat already made IVAs for the Russian sides and they are beautiful so they don't need to be changed. The only issue even when all of that is fixed, that has plagued the pack for about 6 releases now is the infinite amount of Null exception errors that get thrown with the trusses. The trusses is where you will probably spend most of your time fixing. The rest can probably done in a night. The most recent download of the ISS and MIR Dragon maintained up until .90. Mir needs to be fixed because it has the Zvedea and Zaraya modules. Also the Soyuz needs to be fixed because you wont be able to launch the Pirs and Poisk modules properly. It looks like someone on the thread has got it working. Maybe you could collaborate with him to get things going again. Also a switch to DDS textures will bring everything up to date with 1.04.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

I am keen to get this working as a priority now. I will put together the station tonight and fix whatever issues come up. Dragon did give me a list of jobs to do to it, but first thing is get it functional then do upgrades.

Shouldn't take tooooo long I hope

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know

Hey Mike, I think a good addon would be the SpaceHab modules along with the external tunnel airlock.

STS-118_approaching_ISS.jpgIn this, the airlock is in between the docking adapter and the SpaceHab module.

STS-81_Atlantis_at_Mir.jpg

Directly behind the crew compartment.

KSC-00PP-1164.jpg

And the SpaceHab double module, as opposed to the single module in the first image.

Edited by LMRaptor

It looks like certian people have got it functioning on their end by changing nodes and cfg's etc. My plan is to remodel the truss to kill the error spam and release it on the iss page, and here probably, and go from there.

Im guessing some of you would like to test what I upload? But for those who are happy to wait for the full working mod I understand.

It looks like certian people have got it functioning on their end by changing nodes and cfg's etc. My plan is to remodel the truss to kill the error spam and release it on the iss page, and here probably, and go from there.

Im guessing some of you would like to test what I upload? But for those who are happy to wait for the full working mod I understand.

When you release it are you gonna release the whole thing? IE Mir and the ISS?

Will you be continuing development on your CSS to realism overhaul and all of its dependencies? Ferram aerospace is basically mandatory in a regular RO build.

Fear not all who are in doubt, if I can do RO, RSS upgrade just during yesterday afrernoon im sure I can figure out FAR, eveven though it flies without it now.

2 things.

I guess I gotta do this on my own.

And with far installed, do the stock aero configs dissapear or are they still kept inplace and function or are they just added to to make it better?

So in time I will get there

- - - Updated - - -

When you release it are you gonna release the whole thing? IE Mir and the ISS?

I think it depends how I complete parts of it.

Maybe the iss pack and then other main parts seperate.

But I can bundle it into one pack when its done and list dependencies etc

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be continuing development on your CSS to realism overhaul and all of its dependencies? Ferram aerospace is basically mandatory in a regular RO build.

Just a note its not css anymore and I notice far values already written for this in RO mod.

Good starting point

Fear not all who are in doubt, if I can do RO, RSS upgrade just during yesterday afrernoon im sure I can figure out FAR, eveven though it flies without it now.

2 things.

I guess I gotta do this on my own.

And with far installed, do the stock aero configs dissapear or are they still kept inplace and function or are they just added to to make it better?

So in time I will get there

- - - Updated - - -

I think it depends how I complete parts of it.

Maybe the iss pack and then other main parts seperate.

But I can bundle it into one pack when its done and list dependencies etc

- - - Updated - - -

Just a note its not css anymore and I notice far values already written for this in RO mod.

Good starting point

Alright I trust you. We are all ready to start putting the shuttle to some use.

Hey Mike, I think a good addon would be the SpaceHab modules along with the external tunnel airlock.https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/STS-118_approaching_ISS.jpgIn this, the airlock is in between the docking adapter and the SpaceHab module.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/STS-81_Atlantis_at_Mir.jpg

Directly behind the crew compartment.

http://images.ksc.nasa.gov/photos/2000/high/KSC-00PP-1164.jpg

And the SpaceHab double module, as opposed to the single module in the first image.

Ooh I like this! Lets see what we can do...

The FAR values just add the ability to Far to calculate the behavior and the voxelization of the vehicle. The stock values remains unchanged, you just need to add some values in the part.cfg.

The sad thing is that without those values, in FAR every part is dragless.

The FAR values just add the ability to Far to calculate the behavior and the voxelization of the vehicle. The stock values remains unchanged, you just need to add some values in the part.cfg.

The sad thing is that without those values, in FAR every part is dragless.

Thank you for making that clear for me!

Mike, if you make a new Canadarm, you should make it to where it doesn't "wobble" like the old one does. That makes it very hard to use it, it should be easy. Maybe if you could use the docking alignment indicator that would make it easier.