Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

thanks mike. i did that. wasnt aware there were cheats. shuttle works good just likes to backflip upon thrusting without external tanks and boosters. other than that its pretty wickid! but im sure you know of that lol

Haha yeah. Taking it beyond its design limits.

Its because the engines would be thrusting toward the ground causing backflips.

Try rotating the engines straight in the sph

Just downloaded your shuttle...will be trying it out asap

No worries.

I have put development on hold until I get the iss up and running.

On that:

redoing all the docking ports and still nodes need doing.

Making docking ports part of the modules for lower part count and simplicity.

So I have to run alot of parts through the modelling process

Canadarm function.

etc

I deleted the entire game, all save files and started new. Now its working. so sad i lost my KSS. Well. :(

Any chance you can make a copy of the whole game to a different directory and restore your deleted one to where it was?

just remove the shuttle mod from it.

That way you can keep your kss

Just tried out the Realism Overhaul verison. So far it works good bar some minor bugs. One prevalent one is that the engines will not shut down when throttled to zero. Another one is that when reverting to flight makes the shuttle's lower section to go in exploded view. Also the Space shuttle cannot seem to reenter, though I only tried once.

Using the advanced part menu (or whatever it is called) and selecting NASA in the Manufactures tab should help you find most if not all of the Shuttle parts (nose cone included). At least thats how I go about it.

Hey, so far, i have tried building the shuttle from scratch, i like what you did to make attaching the srbs easier! I have one question, where can i find the srb nose cones?

Hi.

In engines catagory for some reason

Using the advanced part menu (or whatever it is called) and selecting NASA in the Manufactures tab should help you find most if not all of the Shuttle parts (nose cone included). At least thats how I go about it.

Ok, thanks! Btw, mike, shuttle looks great! So does enterprise! I'm guess 747 is not yet ready?

Ok, thanks! Btw, mike, shuttle looks great! So does enterprise! I'm guess 747 is not yet ready?

Hey thanks.

No 747 not ready yet.

need time to finish it

- - - Updated - - -

Should all be ready for v2.0

Hey thanks.

No 747 not ready yet.

need time to finish it

- - - Updated - - -

Should all be ready for v2.0

Ok, can't wait! When i get the opportunity, will,do an empty payload bay launch for,empty weight flight.

I noticed that having the shuttle being one piece can wonk out the collision box. Maybe have a another version that is the individual sections like 1.6 and before?

I c.

There will be another css mod from the origional developer dragon and jozvin which will be multi piece.

So you can wait for that

Ok, can't wait! When i get the opportunity, will,do an empty payload bay launch for,empty weight flight.

Sounds good!

- - - Updated - - -

Soon you may be carrying space station parts

Sounds good!

- - - Updated - - -

Soon you may be carrying space station parts

Yeah, did a quick launch with mechjeb, wow, things have changed since i last did an sts launch. Need to,relearn how to fly.

Yeah, did a quick launch with mechjeb, wow, things have changed since i last did an sts launch. Need to,relearn how to fly.

Dont think mechjeb likes it. And I doubt it will rotate and ascend how it was designed to do using mechjeb too

Dont think mechjeb likes it. And I doubt it will rotate and ascend how it was designed to do using mechjeb too

ironically, it seemed to do just fine! They actually added the ability to make the spacecraft rotate immediately after launch to a specific direction!

I've personally have been a rocket person myself, never really done anything with shuttles/spaceplanes despite playing the game for about two years, so pardon me if I'm doing something wrong. The shuttle looks great and launches well (use Mech Jeb's Smart A.S.S. for the roll program, then fly it manually the rest of the way). However, I had some difficulty with boarding the shuttle through the payload bay hatch during EVA. But my biggest problem is reentry and landing: at some point, the shuttle just does not glide at all. It more or less runs out of horizontal speed and drops out of the sky like a brick. I'm using stock game with stock aerodynamics. I'm aware of the differences in how the shuttle flew compared to a normal aircraft/glider: a low L/D ratio means it's going to be constantly slowing down, but I've observed others on Twitch (such as Shimmy) do shuttle missions (albeit their own designs, but trying to mimic the real shuttle) and they had decent gliding capability. Was wondering if this is a common issue or is it me? Any pointers are appreciated.

Edited by stevehead
typo

I've personally have been a rocket person myself, never really done anything with shuttles/spaceplanes despite playing the game for about two years, so pardon me if I'm doing something wrong. The shuttle looks great and launches well (use Mech Jeb's Smart A.S.S. for the roll program, then fly it manually the rest of the well). However, I had some difficulty with boarding the shuttle through the payload bay hatch during EVA. But my biggest problem is reentry and landing: at some point, the shuttle just does not glide at all. It more or less runs out of horizontal speed and drops out of the sky like a brick. I'm using stock game with stock aerodynamics. I'm aware of the differences in how the shuttle flew compared to a normal aircraft/glider: a low L/D ratio means it's going to be constantly slowing down, but I've observed others on Twitch (such as Shimmy) do shuttle missions (albeit their own designs, but trying to mimic the real shuttle) and they had decent gliding capability. Was wondering if this is a common issue or is it me? Any pointers are appreciated.

Hi.thank you for the time to comment.

I am aware of the eva glitch. I need to edit it in the modeling program but have been so busy.

Aerodynamics have been tricky and has been the biggest issue here.

It has been modified so much to correct it and I feel it is mostly ok.

In order to get it right we can do 2 things.

I can make a patch which modifies its aero. My best guess.

this means downloading patches and getting feedback from users for a better new version.

Or if you are willing you can adjust it to how you think it should be or what works better.

thats if you are willing to edit the configuration text file.

I usually dont have much time to actually play ksp unfortunately.

Aerodynamics have actually been really good if you ask me. I haven't run into too many issues except the inability to roll or yaw much during launch without veering way off course. And while I have to agree with Stevehead on the approach and landings being a bit difficult since the shuttle bleeds off so much speed, the two things I mentioned aren't major issues for me. I'm just really glad I can use the Shuttle to do awesome things like this:WShfbbz.png

Just downloaded this mod and it's great but i have no option to open and close the cargo bay doors of the space shuttle is anyone else having this problem?

Hi there.

make sure you have firespitter mod installed.

I included a small file size version with the mod.

This controls some of the animations.