Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

That is definately not right. I don't know how the github release isn't working.

Ok I will make a new ksp install and only download my own mod and install it.

Ah! Mike, I worked the problem just a minute ago! I was using the canadarm folder from the 1.7.4.1 master download, but I installed the specific Canadarm from the front page and it's working, so I deleted my previous post.

Edited by LMRaptor

Ah! Mike, I worked the problem just a minute ago! I was using the canadarm folder from the 1.7.4.1 master download, but I installed the specific Canadarm from the front page and it's working, so I deleted my previous post.

So I guess the github one is old or non functional?

Yesterday I download the new Canadarm2. First I deleted the Canadarm in the Shuttle-Folder. Now I can move it but the magnet didn't work. Magnet is ON but didn't plug to any part. Newest KIS/KAS is installed.

Yesterday I download the new Canadarm2. First I deleted the Canadarm in the Shuttle-Folder. Now I can move it but the magnet didn't work. Magnet is ON but didn't plug to any part. Newest KIS/KAS is installed.

updating and testing now

I haven't figured it yet, maybe because the mesh centre of origion is too far away or something.

I would recommend using the KAS magnet for now or use jeasts arm. will try again tomorrow

also full size dreamchaser up on page one and more ISS/soviet pack fixes done.

and github releases are straightforward now.

Did the Shuttle get scaled up in this last release? It seems...bigger.

It grew up lol.

But no it shouldnt be bigger unless it has the realism overhaul patch with the download(which is now redundant)

Or if it is the RO version download you have (with the seperate wings) it should be larger scale by default

It grew up lol.

But no it shouldnt be bigger unless it has the realism overhaul patch with the download(which is now redundant)

Or if it is the RO version download you have (with the seperate wings) it should be larger scale by default

Oh ok. That explains a lot. Found the RO patch and deleted it and everything is back to normal. Thanks Mike.

does the css shuttle use lifting body or regular lift? And the elevons are too powerful. They need to be halved in power.

on the non RO version its lifting body, and with RO it uses FAR default physics.

forgot to half the control surface power, will do it now

- - - Updated - - -

Started and finished the JEM arm tonight.

will upload shortly

R7Wx7Lp.png

special update:

thanks to TrooperMNG we have new textures for the DreamChaser. Looks amazing!

cvkmZKr.jpg

on the non RO version its lifting body, and with RO it uses FAR default physics.

forgot to half the control surface power, will do it now

- - - Updated - - -

Started and finished the JEM arm tonight.

will upload shortly

http://i.imgur.com/R7Wx7Lp.png

special update:

thanks to TrooperMNG we have new textures for the DreamChaser. Looks amazing!

http://i.imgur.com/cvkmZKr.jpg

Lifting body in stock aero dosnt really work. YOu should probably change it. It can make the aero properties completely unpredictable. lifting body should work just fine in far though.

- - - Updated - - -

It also makes things fly backwards better than forwards lel. Lifting body just dosnt work in stock.

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

Lifting body in stock aero dosnt really work. YOu should probably change it. It can make the aero properties completely unpredictable. lifting body should work just fine in far though.

- - - Updated - - -

It also makes things fly backwards better than forwards lel. Lifting body just dosnt work in stock.

Maybe you just cant figure how to fly it.

Actually, you seem to know alot about ksp aero, the future of the shuttles stock aero is your responsibility. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. thanks.

Maybe you just cant figure how to fly it.

Actually, you seem to know alot about ksp aero, the future of the shuttles stock aero is your responsibility. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. thanks.

I know alot about the aero and how it works but i dont know how to code. So how is this gonna work?

- - - Updated - - -

The shuttle flys much more realistically now; like a brick! Although the roll authority is a bit op as it could get the 747 to do an aileron roll. But thats all. Did you change the lifting body issue in the lastest version? Because the shuttle no longer has any body lift. It has standard lift. It should have a a little body lift on the main body of the shuttle (cyan in aero forces overlay) and wing lift on the wings (dark blue in aero forces overlay). The thing is the shuttle is one piece with the wings. So this might not be possible unless the wings are separate parts.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what im talking about YcLkmgL.png

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

Control surface power has been reduced but have not uoloaded new update yet.

Look in the cfg for the ine piece.

Its quite simple. Look for lifting surface entry.

Also I have a patch on page one for people to test with better flying characteristics. Compare this cfg to the normal one in the mod , have a play around with it.

Aero has not been midified.

Are you using FAR?

Also as I stated a while back I have a stock FAR version coming. I already have it with RO but is incomplete. Wings are seperate.

- - - Updated - - -

I might sound bias but it flies very well in my game. If I have to then I will take off the wings. But I did like the idea of one piece.

I guess with wings seperate it can be FAR-able and wont need seperate version