Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

just a reminder this is still a development thread so don't complain if things don't work 100% in your normal gamplay

- - - Updated - - -

so what fetures do we give this thing? some sort of science generation?

gYAFH4Z.png

yeah had a god sleep last night.

want to make the pallet that went along with the spacelab... anyone got a reference/name or should I make something -look similar-

I guess they changed every mission?

want to make the pallet that went along with the spacelab... anyone got a reference/name or should I make something -look similar-

A god sleep?

Also sweet.. MOAR SPACELAB

Mike, the U-shaped pallets you made awhile ago are actually the SpaceLab pallets.

I have some (AckchyuallyIt'sAlot) of suggestions.

sts052-80-030_lrg.jpg

The sun-shielding clamshell satellite cradle (which I see has already begun development) in the rear, the MPESS carrier truss in the center would be great to mount EVA equipment and small parts on. On the right side of the payload bay is a Hitchhiker experiment module. Those'd be good for science generation, akin to (but much smaller than) a Science Jr.

9shWFYt.jpg9NmZrvx.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, the U-shaped pallets you made awhile ago are actually the SpaceLab pallets.

I have some (AckchyuallyIt'sAlot) of suggestions.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/ShuttleRetrospective/images/sts052-80-030_lrg.jpg

The sun-shielding clamshell satellite cradle (which I see has already begun development) in the rear, the MPESS carrier truss in the center would be great to mount EVA equipment and small parts on. On the right side of the payload bay is a Hitchhiker experiment module. Those'd be good for science generation, akin to (but much smaller than) a Science Jr.

would this suffice?

mesh switchable so you choose what style you like:cool:

jjSD2Ir.jpgKxOT4ON.jpg

node and surface attach.

I know im good

- - - Updated - - -

I was meaning what goes on the pallets for the spacelab...

Daaaaamn, mike, that was fast! I was gonna edit my post to additionally suggest the ICC Lite, but you already made it an alternate texture of the MPESS. Awesome!

Could you put another ICC lite on the end of the first one, much in the same way you did with the SpaceLab pallets?

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some various payloads carried aboard the SpaceLab pallets.

10063925.jpg

ASTRO-1 telescope in the OPF.

astro2-on-orbit.jpg

The base the telescopes are mounted to is called the Instrument Pointing System.

sts66payloadbay.jpg

sts59orbit.jpg

SRL-1 in Endeavour's payload bay. The long object behind the MPESS is a ground mapping antenna.

KSC-99PP-0973.jpg

SRTM being loaded into Endeavour's payload bay. The pallet is clearly visible.

KSC-00PP-0090.jpg

There weren't any good on-orbit photos I could find, but this shows all of STS-99's payload (which was also the final mission to use SpaceLab parts other than carrying Canadarm2 and Dextre to ISS).

These would make cool ScanSat parts or something akin to that mod.

Edited by LMRaptor

I got more pics to work from, so now we have this. gonna make it work similar to the hubble scope...

it attaches to the standard pallet I made

xRzPVyf.png8HnZD80.png

I know its hard to see without texture

- - - Updated - - -

can use IR to rotate it and put a 'camera' in it

I got more pics to work from, so now we have this. gonna make it work similar to the hubble scope...

it attaches to the standard pallet I made

http://i.imgur.com/xRzPVyf.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/8HnZD80.png

I know its hard to see without texture

- - - Updated - - -

can use IR to rotate it and put a 'camera' in it

looking good!!!!