Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

The bobcat soyuz is very dated excellent but very dated perhaps a new rocket could be built and still use the bobcat progress tma modules

Thet Soyuz is actually a great model still. The launch vehicle is very dated I agree. However I've used raidernicks r7. With bobcats Soyuz. It

I use Tantares and CXaerospace Station Parts, and they look very good together:

F166931C604E799277FF6494B2BC33D11D31DD19(And yes i know: Unity is put on backwards i'm fixing it now)

Edited by MK3424

ok here is the troublesome truss with unlimited errors due to what I believe is animation 'stretch' of the solar panel

so I did a bit of research and it folds up from what I can see.

so some animating and this:

FnZyf8M.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, if you make a new Canadarm, you should make it to where it doesn't "wobble" like the old one does. That makes it very hard to use it, it should be easy. Maybe if you could use the docking alignment indicator that would make it easier.

I use quantum struts to strut it in place. can be turned on and off

:cool: thanks for the sounds! Making this an awesome mod

- - - Updated - - -

This might be a good time now that v1.7 is done to ask what would you guys like to see Done now?

i want the X-20 dyna-soar!

I will continue to add to and finish my current work, but I am looking for some suggestions.

Any requests I have missed or forgotten,

Any originally planed css ideas you wanted to see put in,

Or any new ideas or addons or modifications for the mod.

The x1 is an idea im keen on, also the hitchhiker module.

Let me know

i want the X-20 dyna-soar!

- - - Updated - - -

Thet Soyuz is actually a great model still. The launch vehicle is very dated I agree. However I've used raidernicks r7. With bobcats Soyuz. It

He removed it :(

Mike, an issue that I had with the ISS pack was that you couldn't make a proper replica because the are no module to truss structure struts, which are used to connect S0 truss to Destiny, without it, you cannot connect both Z1 truss and S0. Is there any way you could add something to fix that?

Mike, an issue that I had with the ISS pack was that you couldn't make a proper replica because the are no module to truss structure struts, which are used to connect S0 truss to Destiny, without it, you cannot connect both Z1 truss and S0. Is there any way you could add something to fix that?

I can add anything. Are you looking for a solid structure added onto the truss, a seperate model or a truss looking stretchable strut to connect them?

Im trying to picture what you mean, sorry not much experience and havent built the iss yet. Still new to me

They're talking about the little assembly that connects S0, and hence the entire truss structure, to the pressurised modules. It's like two little upside down W's bolted on top of destiny lab on top of which the truss structure sits. I believe they were in bobcats ISS, but as far as I saw no one was clear on how to attach them ingame, so you couldn't attach the truss properly

Search S0 truss and I think the 8th image is a CG render of S0 and destiny, it gives a good view of the module to truss struts.

BTW Drj I don't understand whats wrong with Z1? It attaches via CBM to unity, and last time I used ISS there was no problem with that, I even used the forward port on Z1 to attach S0 because MTT struts were broken

Edited by FlyMeToTheMinmus

They're talking about the little assembly that connects S0, and hence the entire truss structure, to the pressurised modules. It's like two little upside down W's bolted on top of destiny lab on top of which the truss structure sits. I believe they were in bobcats ISS, but as far as I saw no one was clear on how to attach them ingame, so you couldn't attach the truss properly

Search S0 truss and I think the 8th image is a CG render of S0 and destiny, it gives a good view of the module to truss struts.

BTW Drj I don't understand whats wrong with Z1? It attaches via CBM to unity, and last time I used ISS there was no problem with that, I even used the forward port on Z1 to attach S0 because MTT struts were broken

All these acronyms to get used to lol.

So bobcats release is a different iss mod?

That is exactly what I meant

The problem wit Z1 is that without the struts you had to attach S0 where Z1 would have gone

Looks real easy to make. They can either be a mart of the truss module and just connect via invisible docking nodes or can be an attachable in eva with kerbal attachment system

- - - Updated - - -

Ok ill see if I can find them in the pack and figure it out

Looks real easy to make. They can either be a mart of the truss module and just connect via invisible docking nodes or can be an attachable in eva with kerbal attachment system

It could be just small specialized docking port on destiny and a specialized docking port on S0. However the current workaround is to just use the radial attachment point and put a docking port on it. Then a docking port on the bottom of S0.

To do what AceOfHearts is asking for requires the S6 and P6 parts to be modelled new btw, since it appears in the old iss mod the P4/S4 truss segments were just used twice each (these are the inner pair of solar truss segments); IRL the outer pair's structure have a thinner box-like profile at the bottom whereas the inner pair's structure is a wider structure made up of bars.

This might help and it is one of my favorite gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/eWUrZuZ.gif

Oh wow thats awesome

- - - Updated - - -

To do what AceOfHearts is asking for requires the S6 and P6 parts to be modelled new btw, since it appears in the old iss mod the P4/S4 truss segments were just used twice each (these are the inner pair of solar truss segments); IRL the outer pair's structure have a thinner box-like profile at the bottom whereas the inner pair's structure is a wider structure made up of bars.

Oh I have images in my head. .. I will re read and observe when I get home. So keep the inner section and redo the cloned outer section.

Anyone got any images to work from?

Keep the improvement ideas coming if you think of any.