Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

NOICE!!

(Though just a side note, are you sure that you are allowed to use all those things?)

yes on the b52

the other two are from the game space shuttle ultra is in. so I would have to ask on that.

I just remembered that there is apparently something wrong with the Zarya Solar Panels included in the ISS Pack. Dragon used to tell us not to use them because they were buggy. They used to unleash the Kraken from my experience. So maybe take a look at them. The Mir Solar panels look just fine on the ISS. Actually all the solar panels that Bobcat did are actually astonishingly beautiful, considering when they were made. They are better than most Solar Panels released. Also just a friendly reminder please make sure all the textures are DDS please. Also if you are working on getting the Soyuz in game raidernicks launchers are beautiful as well. Although I still thinks bobcats soyuz spacecraft is still the best looking and functional, his launchers leave something to be desired. Raidernicks proton should be suitable for launching the Russian segments. I am glad raidernicks mods got saved and are being maintained. I mean when you are done with the ISS a few of his mods are gonna be important. He even made an Antares and Cygnus. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125397-Historical-Rockets-Probes-and-Stations

I just remembered that there is apparently something wrong with the Zarya Solar Panels included in the ISS Pack. Dragon used to tell us not to use them because they were buggy. They used to unleash the Kraken from my experience. So maybe take a look at them. The Mir Solar panels look just fine on the ISS. Actually all the solar panels that Bobcat did are actually astonishingly beautiful, considering when they were made. They are better than most Solar Panels released. Also just a friendly reminder please make sure all the textures are DDS please. Also if you are working on getting the Soyuz in game raidernicks launchers are beautiful as well. Although I still thinks bobcats soyuz spacecraft is still the best looking and functional, his launchers leave something to be desired. Raidernicks proton should be suitable for launching the Russian segments. I am glad raidernicks mods got saved and are being maintained. I mean when you are done with the ISS a few of his mods are gonna be important. He even made an Antares and Cygnus. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125397-Historical-Rockets-Probes-and-Stations

Oh ok. I will check out the panels. Textures are all dds already.

To be honest a new ISS thread is probably required its currently split over two different ones with varying degrees of whats fixed and what isnt at least a new thread could at least have all the working content and whats still broken

To be honest a new ISS thread is probably required its currently split over two different ones with varying degrees of whats fixed and what isnt at least a new thread could at least have all the working content and whats still broken

Hmmm.

what I can do is redo my iss page and on page one list new/modified parts and have a full download link. And maybe some instructions

Wait... your not making the shuttle smaller are you?? One of the things I liked about this shuttle is that it can take 2.5 meter parts

The smaller of those two shuttles is the stock Kerbin sized shuttle, the larger is the resized to accommodate RSS/RO.

Wait... your not making the shuttle smaller are you?? One of the things I liked about this shuttle is that it can take 2.5 meter parts

nooo the opposite.

here you can see it takes the rescaled (larger Realism Overhaul) parts.

those parts I made I had to make a config, to make them RG compatible

ORIGIONAL non RO shuttle on right

7b87Pbx.jpg

cyYtszg.jpg

ucNF0cr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have been busy resizing, adding nodes, modeling and adding to cfg's for the iss too. now testing.

- - - Updated - - -

also added a node lower in the cargobay for the modules. good for larger loads with the FSS.

4mF9uWE.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

hmm fixed the left control surface. node was off...

mod version is now 1.7.3.1... for those who want to use it in Realism overhaul I recommend the update.

if not then its not an importand update

both basic and full pack available.

iss work will be uploaded to the iss forum page. link on page one.

for now work done has been mainly on the truss sections (new and modified) and RO config for new parts.

I plan to make the whole section of truss rotate from where the launch clamps are holding.

standard ksp code DOES do it but not for the attached parts.

I will further investigate tomorrow.

anyway that's as far as I got for now.

no error codes...

Md5UJvQ.jpg

so anyway the shuttle and components are all resized for RO.

let me know if any faults.

FAR yet to come

- - - Updated - - -

Man, do you even know what sleeping is? Or taking a break? :o Awesome anyway!

its now my 4am bedtime...

2 days without computer this weekend ruined my progress...

but holy hell the new pc is fast. ksp 64bit and no lag at all. so smooth. :sticktongue:

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know what the issue was with the zarya panels were?

since you already use IR for the shuttle, wouldn't it be better to use IR to rotate the truss? but be aware that no docking port can be connected directly to a IR part

alternatively you could take the approach of the KOSMOS truss though

since you already use IR for the shuttle, wouldn't it be better to use IR to rotate the truss? but be aware that no docking port can be connected directly to a IR part

alternatively you could take the approach of the KOSMOS truss though

Thanks again for the help with the iss work. I havent taken anything into space yet though. ..

Let me know if I got something wrong.

I will look into that kosmos truss thing

Thanks again for the help with the iss work. I havent taken anything into space yet though. ..

Let me know if I got something wrong.

I will look into that kosmos truss thing

Only thing that needs fixing quick is the attachment nodes on the iss docking ports.

Only thing that needs fixing quick is the attachment nodes on the iss docking ports.

I have not yet explored past those trusses but I have had help from JoseEduardo with a bunch of cfg edits he gave me as a starting point.

Is there still node issues on my release or is that how it has always been?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also has anyone had a copy of the iss from the person who says he has fixed it all on this page : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products/page107

- - - Updated - - -

Would be a good plan to merge our releases...?