Is KSP fun ?

b1ackhat

Yes Virginia, there is a fun Kerbal Space Program!

Ok, first off, I have been playing Kerbal Space since 0.21 (I tried the 0.18 demo for as long as it took me to put Jeb in LKO and then bought the game).

Other takeoff guidelines is to stay below 300 m/s below 10k (but try to maintain as close to that as possible for as much of the first 10k as possible). Stay below 1000m/s below 20k. Stay below 1500 m/s below 35k (have had issues with decouplers blowing at 1800m/s in the 30's).

Much the same as you it took me about 15 minutes of playing until I bought the full game, right after it released on steam, I think .18.

I do find it very interesting the way the new aero affects rockets. I've only had 2 ways they will sucessfully launch, for me they either have to start their turn immediately with a 2* AoA, or I have to be above 15km to really turn aggressively. I think that's very interesting having only those two extremes. I haven't had any luck starting a turn anywhere between 1km-14km, has to be below or above for me. I don't limit speed though so that might cause part of that discrepancy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.