While flying up the Atmosphere Rocket starts spining out of control

HI guys,

I know many have this problem with the flipping rocket.But this here is different. I guess it is a BUG.

I have like 25 mods installed, what totally can cz the problem. Just wanna know if anyone expexienced the same issue. When i start a Rocksolid rocket(has been tested) i recognized that the center of view, like from where u look at your rocket) moves down the rocket step by step as I pass the diferent atmophere layers. It fells like that the center of mass gets pushed down aswell cz as the view goes down the rocket, the torque is getting heavier. Also the rocket spins around a point which is outside my rocket so the rocket makes a circle moving shape while flying out of control :(

It is an anying problem and frustrated me today.

How do u solve a problem like this?

restart ksp/PC - check

testing another save game - havnt done

reinstall ksp and mod more carfully - havnt done( is there another way to solve a problem like this cz reinstalling get anoying)

thx Kerbonauts

HI guys,

I know many have this problem with the flipping rocket.But this here is different. I guess it is a BUG.

I have like 25 mods installed, what totally can cz the problem. Just wanna know if anyone expexienced the same issue. When i start a Rocksolid rocket(has been tested) i recognized that the center of view, like from where u look at your rocket) moves down the rocket step by step as I pass the diferent atmophere layers. It fells like that the center of mass gets pushed down aswell cz as the view goes down the rocket, the torque is getting heavier. Also the rocket spins around a point which is outside my rocket so the rocket makes a circle moving shape while flying out of control :(

It is an anying problem and frustrated me today.

How do u solve a problem like this?

restart ksp/PC - check

testing another save game - havnt done

reinstall ksp and mod more carfully - havnt done( is there another way to solve a problem like this cz reinstalling get anoying)

thx Kerbonauts

You say your rocket is solid. Have you flown the exact same rocket in the current version of KSP you are using? No changes at all. nada. zip?

If you have changed it even a little bit, that will give you an idea of where the problem might be.

You may well have a mod problem but before we go assuming that is the case, lets perform a handling test.

Launch your rocket but see how it performs if you keep your throttle back so that your ascent speed stays less than 295 m/s for the whole of the first layer of atmosphere. Then increase throttle as normal.

Is there a difference? Is it relatively steady in the first layer?

By the way, The COM and the camera view may well move down your rocket as it burns fuel because the fuel has mass and the COM goes down as your rocket burns it up.

On particularly long rockets, the axis for a turn can feel further away than it should be. Use Verniers at the top and bottom of your rocket and apply RCS. The amount of fuel they use is easily justified in the amount they save by helping you hold your course.

Of course all this may well be moot and you may have a mod problem. If the test above doesn't provide meaningful data, then I will detail the easiest and safest way of checking for a suspect mod.

I get this same problem. it has to do with the survey scanner. the part will seem to break on ascent, then the rocket acts exactly as you have described. This happens with ANY part you add the survey scanner abilities to. I tried to just add the modules for scanning to a different part so i could move forward, but any part those modules are added to will cause the same problem.

I figured out that this one asteriod science thing from Dmagic caused the bug, atleast it worked for me. My rocket without that kind of arm with a scanner for astroids was the problem for now.

thx everyone

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.