Showing off - first ejection system? :)

Frostiken

I had a cockpit separation system for my first flight, but nothing as cool as this. Needed it, too. I didn\'t land my first plane until a few tries. (And just today I landed a spaceplane after launch abort, and the plane survived.)

I decided to bite the bullet and get me a joystick. Controlling a plane with a keyboard is for the birds.

I had a cockpit separation system for my first flight, but nothing as cool as this. Needed it, too. I didn\'t land my first plane until a few tries. (And just today I landed a spaceplane after launch abort, and the plane survived.)

I decided to bite the bullet and get me a joystick. Controlling a plane with a keyboard is for the birds.

i have a joystick, but it dont work (when i plug it in nothing happens)

ON-TOPIC: i guess its, uh good. but its not really THAT hard.

i have a joystick, but it dont work (when i plug it in nothing happens)

ON-TOPIC: i guess its, uh good. but its not really THAT hard.

You need to map the axis\'s and buttons on your joystick in the settings in order for it to work.

You need to map the axis\'s and buttons on your joystick in the settings in order for it to work.

I said.

when i PLUG IT IN.

nothing happens.

windows dosent say 'new device in' or whatever.

sorry if i sound a bit mad lol its just joysticks are so good in some games :(

I said.

when i PLUG IT IN.

nothing happens.

windows dosent say 'new device in' or whatever.

sorry if i sound a bit mad lol its just joysticks are so good in some games :(

If you right click My Computer (assuming XP?) and go to Manage you will see the Device Manager. Expand the Mice and other point devices category and see if the Joystick shows up there with a yellow triangle by it. If not it may be under unknown devices. Then you can see if the drivers are not being installed by windows. You\'ll have to go to the manufacturers page and download the product drivers manually.

Unfortunately, OP, no. This is not the first ejection system. I\'ve been doing this since before the SPH came out. I used the radial parachutes and would fired the pod away from the plane with the ullage boosters if I had to. Every one of my planes has an ejection system because when I\'m test piloting, I\'m never sure if it will be able to land.

Too bad its not stock, then it would be precisely 42 times cooler.

My current spaceplane testbed has an abort feature of sorts anyway, I experimented with powered cockpit removal but I now prefer my current method, I have the non stackable plane cockpit (the one that looks like it belongs on the front of a fighter), behind it is my ASAS module then a decoupler. I put 2 wing hardpoints ontop of each other on top of the cockpit (the ones that aren\'t decouplers) and put the usual parachute ontop of those. There was also a landing gear wheel underneath the ASAS and 2 AV-R8\'s on the cockpit itself.

Hit space, the decoupler blows, the parachute deploys. Because of its height above the point it is decoupled from the parachute pulls the cockpit upwards over the body of the plane. i tested it at 50ms^-1 on the runway and the cockpit survived fine, tried it at 150ms^-1 on the runway again and once again the cockpit survived (but the asas module still attached didn\'t), 200ms^-1 on the runway I couldn\'t hit but at a height approximately 10 metres off the ground it survived ejection from about 220ms^-1. I think the winglets help keep the cockpit gliding for a little bit even with the parachute dragging it. Only tests I\'ve done that it failed was an upside down ejection from approx 50meters and an ejection at 500m from a 10000m dive, upside down was obvious, it just flicked into the ground, the dive god knows what happened, more research needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.