Weird Alien Crafts

LucaBunny77

Kerbals ARE aliens. Duh....

Think that one through and report back, you not Kerbin-native specimen ^^

(Frame of reference issue, like N.American companies arranging merchandising deals that more or less exclude 90% of the worlds' population and more than half of their own customers - not that that would ever happen though ^^)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I found that there are sometimes "stars" visible that move, and that much faster than any natural planet/moon. Yesterday I tried to "track" one by zooming out and in, but no matter what I did, it stayed just a pixel big or disappeared altogether. It could of course be an asteroid on a very elliptic orbit (they're called aster-oid, as they look like a star when viewed through a telescope, as they stay point-like, no matter how big the magnification), but I was in the orbit of Gilly when I saw it in a southern direction, and afaik there are no asteroids near the Eve system. My theory is that it's either a bug with the skybox, with distant object enhancement (no, it doesn't show a name on mouseover) or Texture Replacer. Non-Player ships would be the last think of as explanation..

It's been proven that reality doesn't exist until you observe it (this on the atomic scale). Since the small doesn't exist until observed, then it stands to reason that the large also doesn't exist until it is observed. Therefor there are no aliens out there until one shows up and allows itself to be observed. This is why Ford Prefect had in his book, "covering your head with your towel". If you can't see the Bugblatter beast of Trawl, then it can't see you. If you can't observe it, it doesn't exist. QED.

It's been proven that reality doesn't exist until you observe it (this on the atomic scale). Since the small doesn't exist until observed, then it stands to reason that the large also doesn't exist until it is observed. Therefor there are no aliens out there until one shows up and allows itself to be observed. This is why Ford Prefect had in his book, "covering your head with your towel". If you can't see the Bugblatter beast of Trawl, then it can't see you. If you can't observe it, it doesn't exist. QED.

That hasn't been proven. The Copenhagen interpretation is one of many, and there are reasons to believe it's wrong (eg, Schrödinger's cat thought experment.) (The correct interpretation probably involves pan-galactic gargle blasters.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.