Christian Songs

andrew123

So, what are your favorite christian songs. I had a similar thread in MP.net not long ago, but the website has permanently shut down.

Yeah, I'm religious. :P

Here's mine

I have some favorites from the 50's and 80's, but I think I'll leave them out of here. :D

And for all of you non religious heathens (I kid :D ) Here's a music video.

Edited by andrew123

Get ready for the moderator artillery:

2.2 Forbidden content

Messages which contain, discuss or link to the following are explicitly forbidden:

1. Copyright infringement or software theft;
  2. Discussions of a political, ideological or religious nature;
  3. Adult content, such as nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, gore and drugs;
  4. Insults and threats, stalking or any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude or otherwise harassing nature to/of other users, members of the mod team or members of Squad;
  5. Any discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.) language, actions or iconography, with or without historical context;
  6. Disclosure of private conversations without the consent of all parties;
  7. Use of vulgarity, profanity and any technique that skirts the language filter;
  8. Accusatory comments that lack merit, offer no proof of concept or are of a potentially slanderous nature;
  9. Links that promote projects and/or products that are meant for the personal profit of either party, this specifically includes linking through ad.fly; and
  10. Staging for scenarios of roleplay.

Get ready for the moderator artillery:

This is no religious discussion. It is merely a thread for christian type music.

So no. It does not violate the rules, since this thread is not meant for religious discussion.

This is no religious discussion. It is merely a thread for christian type music.

So no. It does not violate the rules, since this thread is not meant for religious discussion.

Yeah but I know this community all too well and i know that this will get derailed and turn into qn argument.

Depends. Do you mean church type songs, or listen on the radio type songs?

IMHO, the two should not really cross, church type songs need to be signable by groups of people who aren't necessarily good at signing. Though some of my pentecostal friends may disagree...

With church type songs, my long time favorites would have to include, Shine, Jesus Shine, My redeemer lives, I also quite like some of the imagery in Indescribable

In radio type songs, I quite like stuff by Relient K, switchfoot, and the older stuff by Newsboys. There's some good newer stuff, but I haven't been paying enough attention to recall any names.

andrew123's right, as long as this thread doesn't devolve into a discussion about religion or people who are religious then I think it is pretty harmless.

That said, we'll be watching the thread for signs of that derailment, so please refrain from discussing those topics.

Spiritualist here. Too eclectic to ever fit into a world religion, believe in some things without solid evidence (though I've seen some really weird unexplainable &@^#! in my life), but also am completely opposed to the notion that scientific progress should ever be impeded by such things.

Anyway, most of what I could list off here, I doubt anyone doesn't know. I was never big into Christian rock even when I was walking that path. Of the mainstream songs that always got me...

Religious or not, if you haven't heard these, you've probably been living under a rock. And if you have heard these, you probably want to shoot me now. :P

A bit more off the beaten path... well-known artists' songs that aren't very well-known.

Your call if you want to classify TSO as Christian music. It's one of their original compositions, and it's about Jesus. *shrug* This song moves me like practically nothing else I've ever heard.

Edited by vger

While I'm not religious, Russian Orthodox chants get to me real good. I have no idea what they sing but the harmonies and display of what the human voice can do makes for some stunning music.

I've been a Christian for a long time, and I've been listening to Christian music for a long time. Randy Stonehill, Steve Taylor, The Choir, The 77s, Lost Dogs, plenty of others, but those are the first ones that come to mind. Sorry, not big into YouTube, but I'm sure if you Google them some examples will come up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.