Parallel KSP Instances

bjbeardse

I was sitting here in my uncomfortable chair, getting madder and madder at Unity for not fixing the x64 platform, and had a random thought.

Can you run more than one instance of KSP?

So I cranked two up.

One is a United States historical setup, the other is IN SOVIET RUSSIA!(Sarcasm Warning)

They worked, I could play both at the same time! Perhaps I found a work around for the lack of a stable x64 Unity engine...

Now I just need to get them to talk together.

Any Ideas? I am not a programmer/software guy in anyway.

I literally do this all the time while testing DMP :P

It's fine, KSP doesn't care how many instances you actually run (I top out somewhere around 4 or 5), and DMP server needs very little resources to run if you go that approach.

I'm unsure if the standalone map view mod was ever updated to 1.0 - It's kind of like a non-multiplayer version of multiplayer, it does some very similar things from memory.

PS: 2 32-bit programs don't make a 64bit one. Remember 2*32bit == 33bit :D

bjbeardse, I don't have anything to add into your post, I just wanted to say I approved of your Garak avatar from DS9, loved his character! I liked his conversations with Dr. Bashir. I went to a DS9 convention years ago and got most of the cast's autographs including Captain Sisko's!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.