OMG what has happened to this game!

vetrox

So i stopped playing in around january and decided to wait it out until it was fully released.

Naturally I promptly forgot until today when I was clearing out my steam library and got to the letter "k"

What a fantastic surprise for me!!!!! all the changes! all the additions and new content! Such deliciousness. Its a good thing my significant other is away all week because she would be getting pretty heavily ignored if she were here!

I'm in love all over again!

I must say, I'm loving these new aerodynamics, the new tech tree all the little ui features. I can wait to start mining the mun and holding kerbin ransom after using the ore to build a death ray!

I must say, I'm loving these new aerodynamics, the new tech tree all the little ui features. I can wait to start mining the mun and holding kerbin ransom after using the ore to build a death ray!

What?! Someone likes the new Aero? Sound the Alarms men, this type is rare.

Anyway, yea. Aero is good, and it has really added a lot to the game. Launches now require some more skill

While id love a death ray, fgor now we are stuck with kinetic missiles.......at least stock.......anyways, back to my fleet im building up around dres, i have 10 warships sofar (ohh teh lag, THE LAAAAAGGGGGGG!!!!) all loaded in one place, each like 200 parts. Its unbeareable but so epic to see a full out fleet of ships in one place, all armed to the teeth.

While id love a death ray, fgor now we are stuck with kinetic missiles.......at least stock.......anyways, back to my fleet im building up around dres, i have 10 warships sofar (ohh teh lag, THE LAAAAAGGGGGGG!!!!) all loaded in one place, each like 200 parts. Its unbeareable but so epic to see a full out fleet of ships in one place, all armed to the teeth.

Pictures. PLEASE! It's rude to tease people!

The new aero does take some getting used to but it certainly makes more sense than the old placeholder. I never could get on with FAR so its a happy medium. My ships finally come screaching towards the surface at some dangerous (read:standard kerbal) speeds. On my first orbital flight I made the rookie mistake of leaving my chute and final decouple stage in one stage...needless to say that ship cam hurtling towards the planet at a pretty incredible speed and then suddenly came to a not so incredible speed.

Although alot of the threads seem to be comparing the current 1.02 aero to the 1.0 aero? Forunatley I never played it at 1.0 so i currently dont suffer from the "change is to hard to get used to game is broken please revert to 1.0" syndrome

Death ray would be easier than managing 10 warships....or maybe...10 warships armed with death rays?....be right back...

Edited by vetrox

Then 1.01 . . . . Then 1.02 . . . . . .Then a whole bunch of people started whining about aero because their box shaped rockets turned over passing MACH 1 at 10k meters.

Then 1.01 . . . . Then 1.02 . . . . . .Then a whole bunch of people started whining about aero because their box shaped rockets turned over passing MACH 1 at 10k meters.

Lol. But really, box shaped rockets fly quite well even in FAR and even IRL. Fortunately they heat up now so punching through the atmosphere is no longer possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.