[1.5.1] Engine Lighting (1.5.1) Little Config Update (13 October)

tajampi

Occasionally getting an effect where the entire planet is lit up:

HvuPUut.png

Can't isolate exact circumstances under which it appears.

Relevant graphical mods in use:

EVE 7-4 (default)

Texture Replacer 2.4.4 (no textures installed yet)

Distant Object Enhancement 1.5.5 (default)

PlanetShine 0.2.3.1 (default)

Ambient Light Adjustment

Ven's Stock Part Revamp

Occasionally getting an effect where the entire planet is lit up:

[iMAGE]

Can't isolate exact circumstances under which it appears.

Hmm that's weird!

Is it happening for only a very short moment? Maybe it's Krakensbane recentering the world, messing cordinates...

I have had it to happen with stock lights, but only on heavy timewarp, not at realtime.

Going to try to reproduce it!

Hmm that's weird!

Is it happening for only a very short moment? Maybe it's Krakensbane recentering the world, messing cordinates...

I have had it to happen with stock lights, but only on heavy timewarp, not at realtime.

Going to try to reproduce it!

The planet is illuminated as long as the engine is running. Kinda reminded me of how B9s spotlights used to light up the whole planet. I also noticed that if I scroll out to move the camera away from the ship, the effect isn't seen any more.

Realistically, I probably need to disable the listed mods one-by-one to find any conflicts.

Kinda reminded me of how B9s spotlights used to light up the whole planet

Yup, that was my first thought as well, might be a good avenue for tajampi to investigate

Realistically, I probably need to disable the listed mods one-by-one to find any conflicts.

Do the binary sort method, it's faster. Take out half your mods and test. If the problem is gone, switch to the other half and test. If it's back, take out half of those mods and repeat.

I love this mod, it is now an essential part of my graphics mods package. It's awesome with HotRockets by Nazari.

I think it was mentioned earlier, it provides glow for the firespitter engines in Freight Transport Technologies by RoverDude. I like the effect, but obviously not meant to be like that.

For those of you using HotRockets but are annoyed at how the nuclear engine produces a yellow light even though its exhaust is purple, add this to your patches.cfg:

@PART[nuclearEngine]:FOR[EngineLight]
{
@MODULE[tjs_EngineLight]
{
@lightGreen = 0.55
@lightBlue = 0.93
@jitterMultiplier = 15.3
}
}

It makes the engine emit a purple light that matches with its exhaust. :)

Edited by mythbusters844

Hey all! Sorry for inactivity!

Been working on 1.4, the Config is implemented, the GUI not yet.

I will be releasing 1.35 before with some patches and fixes! (Like propellers from some mods emiting light, etc...)

Cheers! :)

if these lights cannot do shadows, atleast turn off or cfg to turn off lighting while in IVA please

after some more playing, i've had to remove this as i play mostly IVA, and the light makes it unplayable

I will be adding a disable on IVA feature on 1.35 (I suppose I will release it in some hours)! :)

EDIT: I may look into enabling shadows, as an option, but I suppose it will lag a lot!

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi
I not i

I will be adding a disable on IVA feature on 1.35 (I suppose I will release it in some hours)! :)

EDIT: I may look into enabling shadows, as an option, but I suppose it will lag a lot!

Cheers!

Maybe would it be possible to just disable the light on IVA materials? Or is that not possible?

Maybe would it be possible to just disable the light on IVA materials? Or is that not possible?

It's possible, just fairly hard, as it will require some investigations on what layers are IVA stuff at, etc...

I have implemented a multiplier you can modify (on the patches.cfg file) that reduces the light on IVA, works nicely!

I will be releasing soon, uploading all the stuff...

EDIT: I am also adding code for disabling SQUAD's engine light that's by default on some (or all, i'm not sure) engines, so release will take a few minutes more :)

EDIT2: Apparently so little engines have a default light, it's not worth implementing code for disabling it, for now! Releasing in a few minutes, finishing testing, and uploading!

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi

Released 1.3.5!

·Added an IVA multiplier for reducing light on IVA

·Added a purple light to the nuclear engine when HotRockets is installed

More updates coming soon!

Cheers! :D

Released 1.3.5!

·Added an IVA multiplier for reducing light on IVA

·Added a purple light to the nuclear engine when HotRockets is installed

More updates coming soon!

Awesome update! Thank you tajampi!

The IVA glare was a thing that bugged me, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed via both CKAN and manually but it doesn't work for me. Only using Engineer Redux at the moment (?) :/

My bad: I forgot ModuleManager to update itself. Works like a breeze and I might be wrong but I have the feeling that all the visual mods run smoother in 1.0.4., nice job!

Edited by Theysen

Installed via both CKAN and manually but it doesn't work for me. Only using Engineer Redux at the moment (?) :/

My bad: I forgot ModuleManager to update itself. Works like a breeze and I might be wrong but I have the feeling that all the visual mods run smoother in 1.0.4., nice job!

Sorry for not replying! I have been working on a project!

Glad it works :)

Hello. I'm still using KSP 1.0.2 Is there any chance I can download your 1.3.5 version? Latest works fine but I get an annoying message when I open KSP that says it's incompatible.

Edited by toxicyogurt

Hello. I'm still using KSP 1.0.2 Is there any chance I can download your 1.3.5 version? Latest works fine but I get an annoying message when I open KSP that says it's incompatible.

Go to the download link, then changelog, you will find there all the versions!

A cool update is coming!

I'm adding lights to decouplers too, they emit some bright particles, but they don't actually make any kind of flash!

EDIT: Also, should i release it inside EngineLight? Maybe it's better to release it as another mod, not sure...

A cool update is coming!

I'm adding lights to decouplers too, they emit some bright particles, but they don't actually make any kind of flash!

EDIT: Also, should i release it inside EngineLight? Maybe it's better to release it as another mod, not sure...

Maybe have it as an optional file people can install to enable? Seems a bit small for its own mod, and is somewhat aligned with this one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.