[1.5.1] Engine Lighting (1.5.1) Little Config Update (13 October)

tajampi

Yep, they will be optional! I should add that they are not sun-like flares, more like this:

Spoiler

19917628172_bbf0a89cd8_o.jpg

(Just a blob of light)

Will upload an screenshot of them working in a moment!

EDIT: That image i uploaded looks like the lighting we have now :P

Edited by tajampi

Recompiling for 1.1 as i believe the rewrite will take longer than i though :P

(Issues i cannot understand, overall problems with the new lighting model, etc...)

Will upload in 2 mins (Uploaded)

Edited by tajampi

On 30/04/2016 at 8:30 PM, tajampi said:

Well, it works perfectly in 1.1 (Using it :wink:) No idea why it says version 1.4.1... 

Will recompile soon to 1.1.2!

CKAN users implore you!

Thanks for this mod, really makes all the difference to those night launches.

About to install...

* Engine Lighting 1.4.3(cached)

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install EngineLighting 1.4.3 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/EngineLight/MiniAVC.xml

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

The thing is, I haven't installed anything new? Engine Lighting was the last one on my list to update to 1.1.2 though..

Modlist:

• PlanetShine
  • RealPlume-StockConfigs
  • Scatterer
  • ModuleManager
  • PlanetShine-Config-Default
  • RealPlume
  • Kopernicus
  • SmokeScreen
  • CrowdSourcedScience
  • EngineLighting
  • FerramAerospaceResearch
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • KerbalJointReinforcement
Edited by Tricky14

I got the same CKAN error message.  When I looked in my mods directory, I discovered the EngineLight directory was still there, and contained the MiniAVC.xml file.  I deleted the EngineLight directory, and was then able to CKAN-install without issue.

Basically, what I’ve discovered over time is that when CKAN is used to remove a mod, it doesn’t always remove every last file that might have come along with a previous version of the mod, and then gets upset when you try to reinstall the mod later on.  I’m beginning to understand why many mod authors are hostile to CKAN.

Uh, that's weird... It's possibly related to the issue with MiniAVC last version...

Also, for unknown reasons CKAN installs ModuleManager 2.6.21, which is, i believe, not compatible with 1.1.2... (Latest version is 2.6.24, which is included in the EngineLight download)

I'm going to check if other mods also behave this way, will edit in a moment!

EDIT: Yep, other mods also install the old ModuleManager version

Also, for now you may simply delete the whole EngineLight (And ModuleManager if asked to), and install, all the error messages will be gone! Just remember to update to the new ModuleManager version if the patches just... don't apply :P

Edited by tajampi

Thank you for the spotlight :)

Will add it to the post!

Also, working on RealFuels compatibility, should take little as the modules are very similar, just a small code modification and changed modulemanager patches!

On 5/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, tajampi said:

Thank you for the spotlight :)

Will add it to the post!

Also, working on RealFuels compatibility, should take little as the modules are very similar, just a small code modification and changed modulemanager patches!

As soon as this is updated I'll be taking this mod for a spin. It looks gorgeous, but I play with RO mods for the most part so I'd rather wait until I know it's compatible with RF. I may take RF out of my "fun install" (just a mod heavy non-RO KSP install) just to use it because it really does look great. Will be tracking the progress :)

Aaand it's working in RealFuels! Never noticed EngineModule had a GetThrust() method so I was doing some weird stuff to get the values. Now it works properly without including the RealFuels.dll file into EngineLight. :)

Doing some polishing and testing, will release soon! (Sadly unstable engines won't make more shaky lights...yet)

Release, here is a little album of a few RO screenshots, with lights!

(CKAN should have the mod in a moment!)

The patches.cfg file now allows you to reduce light only if RealFuels is installed!

3 hours ago, ola said:

Is it just me, or is your upload on SpaceDock broken? Or is it SpaceDock in general? Will we ever know? Aaaah!

Seeing this also.

It started with a recent "Science [x]" update (which is still throwing an installation error) and now this.

Uhh, that's weird, It somewhat worked but got deleted shortly after (I'm sure I downloaded it via CKAN into my main installation...), will reupload in 1 second, not at the computer now

i'm in a working computer now :wink:

Will post in the spacedock thread and see if they can re-upload the file!

EDIT: Uploaded to Github, use it until it's fixed!

Edited by tajampi

I seem to have a minor problem with that mod. First of all, it is GREAT. Ever since I downloaded it, I've been watching my launches from an angle so that the light reflects on the tanks, it just looks fantastic.

But, when I'm orbiting high above Kerbin and firing engines, I see an unnaturally large portion of the planet's surface also lighting up, although beeing kilometers away. Is there a malfunction with the mod or is this intented?

Edited by TheMonkeytect
Clarification

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.