[1.5.1] Engine Lighting (1.5.1) Little Config Update (13 October)

tajampi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, stuff said:

any chance this could be updated for latest version of ksp i do not know how to update

Two points:

1. You shouldn't come on to threads asking for mods to be updated - it's considered poor etiquette, and you'll likely be ignored or shot down (often less politely than this).

2. Before asking, you could try it yourself to see if it works or not. I just did a very quick test, and it seems to work just fine in 1.4.1, at least for the stock Kerbal 1 rocket. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried an example craft with this mod for 1.4.1 (no MH DLC) and did not see it working. If anyone else wants to trial it and make sure I didn't try something wrong--much appreciated. Otherwise I will patiently await an update.

Edited by aeroeng14

• 1 month later...

So, With real plume installed, my engines doesnt lit like they did with stock "fireworks" rockets haha. Maybe i'm doing something wrong? Just installed them both (off to the game data they go) EL first then RP...
I'm kind of disapointed with the nerv plumes, thoug :( , so i think if this persists ill only use EL.

Thanks in advance :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey sorry but I'm a bit confused.  Coming back to KSP after a decent size break.  I'm currently building a modded game on 1.4.3 because...reasons.

Can someone point me to the right version of Engine Lighting that works on 1.4.3?  I see 1.4.5 Real Fuels, 1.5, and some other version....

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, xBuckleyx said:

Hey sorry but I'm a bit confused.  Coming back to KSP after a decent size break.  I'm currently building a modded game on 1.4.3 because...reasons.

Can someone point me to the right version of Engine Lighting that works on 1.4.3?  I see 1.4.5 Real Fuels, 1.5, and some other version....

Thanks in advance.

https://spacedock.info/mod/272/Engine Lighting

Check the changelog tab -- it shows mod versions along with KSP-appropriate versions. CKAN can do this, too if enough mod versions are tracked.

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

https://spacedock.info/mod/272/Engine Lighting

Check the changelog tab -- it shows mod versions along with KSP-appropriate versions. CKAN can do this, too if enough mod versions are tracked.

Hey thanks.

Yea, so I figured out the back porting version function thing with CKAN (amazing feature) but this is helpful with SpaceDock.

Apparently versions jump from Engine Lighting 1.5 for KSP 1.2.2 to version 1.5.1 for KSP 1.5.1.  Engine Lighting is not available via CKAN from what I can tell.  I'm curious if a version exists but is just not readily available for KSP 1.4?  There seems to be info that it is?  

A bit confused and can't help but think it's not available on CKAN b/c of some of the confusion between versions at the different GitHubs etc.?

Thanks again to whoever can shed some light...

Which is the up to date Github fork?

GameData\EngineLight\engine-configs.cfg
line 74:

@PART[microEngine|radialEngineMini]:FOR[EngineLight] {

-->

@PART[microEngine,radialEngineMini]:FOR[EngineLight] {

line 85:

@PART[liquidEngineMini]:smallRadialEngineFOR[EngineLight] {

-->

@PART[liquidEngineMini,smallRadialEngine]:FOR[EngineLight] {

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Which is the up to date Github fork?

-snip-

I think there is more lines which need changing of "|" to ","..

@whoever maintains it at the moment and keeps it up to date :)@Gordon Dry

So whats the difference between

@PART[part1|part2]

and

@part[part1,part]

?

Edited by Moofrog
clarification

So my question or guess is 

@PART[part1|part2]

finds either part1 or part2 and just patches the first instance it finds. And

@PART[part1,part2]

apply the patch to all the parts listed. Is that a correct assumption?

Thats atleast what I could deduct from the modulemanager wiki.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a bug a few days ago. I'm running KSP 1.5.1. At night in orbit, engines seem to light up a large area of the surface of the planet. I checked the logs, but there was nothing related to EngineLighting there. It happened with the Mammoth engine, not sure if it happens with other engines.

Here is my mod list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bR-gp5K9pMMBarGM23IbkOuTWFKRJULvv64xbh0f9dY/edit?usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...

ModuleManager is throwing a simple warning

[WRN 12:47:51.428] [ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/EngineLight/engine-configs.cfg

My correction:

ln88
-@PART[liquidEngineMini]:smallRadialEngineFOR[EngineLight]
+@PART[liquidEngineMini&smallRadialEngine]:FOR[EngineLight]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.