[1.1] Stock Fairing Tweaker - simple tweakables for stock fairing context menu

Wheffle

With SCF, this brings even more pfairings options to stock fairings. Great job!

Is there a part to make interstage fairings with stock fairing? (In my main game, I use pfairings for everything.)

What I would really like to see is hinged openable fairings, instead of ejectable.

Finally, another advantage I see to pfairings over stock at the moment is that you can put parachutes on the pfairings, and actually recover them. (Yes, I realize that's quite unrealistic.)

You can make inter-stage fairings with stock fairings, but a lot of people don't like how they implemented it. You just put a fairing base where you want it to start, and you can end the final section by connecting it to a part above it. It's kind of wonky sometimes, and they fall apart if you're trying to do an apollo-style launch (pull the lander out of the fairings with the crew capsule).

I like the idea of adding texture options. I will definitely look into it.

Thomas P. have made one. but need more works i think (MM patch and DDS texture)...and no texture with it.... may be you can talk with him? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/128414-1-0-x-FairingTextureSwitch-Switchable-Textures-on-Stock-Fairings%21-July-11

Edited by Vince_K

• 3 weeks later...

May I ask, since this is based off stock coding, do the fairings look like that still without the mod? Say, I built something with this mod, and let someone else download it. Will it appear well on their install?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
May I ask, since this is based off stock coding, do the fairings look like that still without the mod? Say, I built something with this mod, and let someone else download it. Will it appear well on their install?

Thanks!

The mod only changes values that are already present in the .cfg files. I don't think it will break anything if you port a ship over to a vanilla install, but the values (number of sections, section height, etc.) might revert to their default values, especially if you load it up in the editor. I can't say for sure though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, this is the first I've seen this one.

Wheffle, I have a little patch I use on the fairings because sometimes I just want to cover stuff up... permanently.  You are welcome to include it, it would go along with this mod very nicely.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		stagingEnableText = Fairing: Enable Staging
		stagingDisableText = Fairing: Disable Staging
		stagingToggleEnabledEditor = true
	}
}

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I'm not currently planning on continuing support for Fairing Tweaker. It was originally a band-aid for the stock fairing system that I liked but had some issues that really bugged me. With the last couple of KSP updates, the stock fairing system has improved to the point where I feel the mod is obsolete (in my opinion). The only real part of the mod that would be nice but isn't in the stock fairing system is the edge rounding, but I don't feel like that warrants an entire mod and I can live without it.

If anyone has any compelling arguments for why I should support/update the mod, feel free to convince me :P Alternatively, if anyone wants to pick up the source code for whatever odd reason (there's really not much to it), have at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.