Where have you NOT gone?

Tex

Where have you NOT visited yet? (Kerbin is excluded)  

405 members have voted

1. 1. Where have you NOT visited yet? (Kerbin is excluded)

Simple poll, just curious to see if 1.0 has changed anybody's preferences for going to specific planets.

Also, please note that this only covers the planets themselves, if you visit one of their moons then it still counts as visiting that planet.

In fact, reply to the thread and talk about your favorite moons to visit too if you so wish!

I've been to Eve, mostly because of mining ops on Gilly. Landed on it . . . . is a whole different story.

Never been to Eeloo or Moho either (never had a reason). Dres . . . the dres-deroids make that more interesting so I might go there seeking science/mining options. Haven't been yet but 1.0 definitely changed my neglect of it. I wanna see how practical it can be as a farming location.

Eeloo.

Got few probes that could easily reach it, perhaps even land there, but I just can't be bothered... there's nothing to see. If it'd have cryovolcanos, or something interesting I would be all over it, but KSP planets are just... meh... after you reach few milestones it makes zero difference where you are as there's just nothing to explore or see.

Are you talking about the 1.0.x version? I haven't gone to Moho, Jool, or Eeloo, although I have a mission on the way to Jool right now.

If you're talking about previous versions then I've been pretty much everywhere except low sun orbit and the "surface" of Jool.

only made it to Duna successfully so far (twice). my Jool mission was eaten by some bug or other, but they didn't have enough fuel to return anyway :-( © good old days. (pre-v1.0)

currently struggling in career to get enough science to get the claw to get my Mun lander back to base, which has enough science to get the claw to... hmpf.

BTW, is aerobreaking on Jool still a thing with the v1.0(.2) aero?!? I mean, my previous ship wasn't really aerodynamically build, wasn't required pre-v.10...

Edited by heng

BTW, is aerobreaking on Jool still a thing with the v1.0(.2) aero?!? I mean, my previous ship wasn't really aerodynamically build, wasn't required pre-v.10...

Yes, it is. But it's far less predictable now (as obviously shape of your and how you align yourself during maneuver has a huge impact). Easy-mode way is to just save beforehand and make some re-tries until you hit the right point.

Random hint - add aerobreaks and use them if you reached periapsis and see that there's still a plenty of breaking you can do.

Edited by Sky_walker

With Hyperedit and while messing around, I've been to every celestial body (well, maybe not Pol or Bop, but what's it to ya?). Playing legitimately, I've been to Eve, Duna, Jool, and even Laythe. Getting back, however, has yet to be accomplished. :rolleyes:

Do you mean manned return trip? I have made it only to Ike with version 1.0 or 1.0.2. I have not sent probes to Dres and Eeloo. I unlocked just tech tree and will next try manned return trip to Eve. I have made it many times through souposphere and have to test what it needs now.

I haven't left the Kerbin system yet XD

I'm still refining my spacecraft designs, so I don't feel like sending out inefficient, over-engineered rockets to other planets when I can test out more efficient reusable interplanetary craft by hopping between Kerbin and its moons.

That's for my sandbox mode, though; in sandbox the only real motivation for progression is "because it's there" and "build a cooler rocket". I don't think my rockets are good enough yet, so no interplanetary travel for me.

However, on Science mode, I'm going anywhere I can possibly send a rocket to with my current tech; Kerbin recently got a third moon (a captured asteroid!) which I'm going to investigate; I'm also planning a Duna mission.

Eve return.... I want to Keep that one until I am completely burned out of KSP and tell myself that I quit playing this game until i have made that trip.

So I will put another 1000hours into that game :)

BUT! I made it to Tylo. There and back again and I am very proud to have achieved that.

zpVEH8T.jpg

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

I've gotta say, I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I've been playing since before planets were added and I've never sent a kerbal out of the Kerbin system. I've sent probes to Eve and Duna, but I always got so caught up in building space stations and infrastructure that I never got around to it.

I haven't been to Gilly strangely, while I did make a pass of a couple hundred kilometers once.

Never landed on Duna, don't think I've orbited it (only flyby), nor for Ike.

Jool: I flew infiniglide planes out there in .90 in hyperedit, but despite being perfectly capable of going there, I haven't really, because I get distracted in other projects and don't really have time for it, But I certainly plan to go there in the future.

Havent been to Tylo, Vall, Bop, or Pol either, for the same reasons above... (Laythe, I test flew planes in Hyperedit)

Eeloo: never been there in stock, despite building a Titan 4 and a Cassini and flying within 15km in OPM...

*Have been to Bop when I moved it out into a orbit similar to Dres.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

I have never been out of the Kerbin system. I did get this game in November of 2014, though.
Hopefully this doesn't sound mocking, because it's not, but getting out of Kerbin SOI into the rest of the system is incredibly easy. A round trip to Eeloo will cost you less in delta-V than a round-trip to Mars here on Earth, plus your payload fraction on Kerbin is > 20% whereas here on Earth we get roughly 2%, and you can conveniently aerocapture in KSP without the considerations of doing it in the real world.

KSP is easy. :)

Hopefully this doesn't sound mocking, because it's not, but getting out of Kerbin SOI into the rest of the system is incredibly easy. A round trip to Eeloo will cost you less in delta-V than a round-trip to Mars here on Earth, plus your payload fraction on Kerbin is > 20% whereas here on Earth we get roughly 2%, and you can conveniently aerocapture in KSP without the considerations of doing it in the real world.

KSP is easy. :)

It's less so without mods or external tools. If you are doing it the trial-and-error way, without knowing your delta-V or transfer windows, interplanetary is hard.

Eve seems to be harder than before. Drag is lower but it is much harder to get enough thrust. My old 9 km/s ships are totally useless. It seems that current atmospheric model extrapolates decreasing of thrust to higher pressure levels than on Kerbin sea level. Some engines have no thrust at all and even old Eve workhorse Aerospike has been severely nerfed and totally useless now. I have to try at highest peaks over 6000 m altitude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.