Where have you NOT gone?

Tex

Where have you NOT visited yet? (Kerbin is excluded)  

405 members have voted

1. 1. Where have you NOT visited yet? (Kerbin is excluded)

I have put 100 hours into this game so far.

I have successfully:

Landed on the moon

Put a satellite in the orbit of Kerbin, Mun, Minmus.

I have not:

Successfully returned a Kerbal from the Mun to Kerbin. 3 KIA so far :(

I LOVE that the game is taking this long to beat; I can't even imagine what my mission to the other planets will look like. Plus I have the Outer Planets Mod so nothing but good things for me to explore at the moment :D

It's less so without mods or external tools. If you are doing it the trial-and-error way, without knowing your delta-V or transfer windows, interplanetary is hard.
Probes are cheap. ;)

I LOVE that the game is taking this long to beat; I can't even imagine what my mission to the other planets will look like. Plus I have the Outer Planets Mod so nothing but good things for me to explore at the moment :D

If you consider "beating" KSP having landed and returned from every celestial body, you've got a fun, long road in front of you. According to Steam, I've got 1000+ hours logged so far and I'm still enjoying it. If you think the game is fun now, just wait until you're docking things in orbit and landing on the moons of Jool -- there will be hard times ahead ... but very rewarding in terms of satisfaction of having completed such feats.

I've been everywhere and returned from everywhere except I think Eeloo (think there's still a Kerbal sat there waiting for a rescue in an old versions save file). So far in 1.0 I've done Minmus, Mun, Duna, Ike, Gilly and Pol.

I've been to Duna once but otherwise just Mun and Minimus. I find the interplanetary transfers way too difficult, even with all the calculators and such. Even when I do it just right per calcualtor it's almost impossible to get encounter.

Waaaay too much work for me.

I went to Duna once, in a sand-box game, but did not have quite enough delta-v to get home after landing on Ike then Duna. I could get a fly-thrugh of the Kerbal FOI, but not enough fuel to slow for capture.

In my career games I have only really been to Mun, Minmus and peeking out into Kerbol orbit. (in 1.0.2 I have only been to Mun with a Minmus lander planning to touch-down tonight)

I have had missions out for Duna and I think another planet, in 0.90 but none of my career games have passed enough time to actually get anywhere outside of the Kerbal FOI(I kept doing stations and other missions, almost never warping for more than an few hours at a time, even my asteroid intercept did not get to it's destination before 1.0)

Then again, I did not start until March of 2015, so I'm still relatively new at just 2.5 months.

I haven't gone to any. I have spent my time improving my skills, and I am positive that I could go to any if I tried. I just have to decide to to it.

That's pretty much what I did. I was "afraid" to go interplanetary so I just played within the Kerbin system extensively. Boy did I get good by doing that.

In .90 I'd done manned return missions from every body except Moho, which I'd never visited.

In 1.0+, as of yet, only the Mun. Getting ready to launch a Minmus rocket as I type.

Is this with kerbals or just generally? I've sent at least a flyby probe everywhere except Eeloo and the Jool system (both in 1.0.2 and in 0.90, although I haven't sent one to Dres yet in 1.0), but so far my kerballed experience in any version is entirely within Kerbin's SoI, except for a single deep-space science station in my current career save. Only moon I've visited so far has been Ike.

My problem is I always play career mode (I do mess around in sandbox a lot but basically never launch serious missions there), and I have yet to get as far as even a manned Duna mission before changing my mod setup and having to start over. My current career is looking promising though, not least because I'm waiting for a couple of mods to be updated before starting over yet again.

Also, interplanetary space is scary.

PS. Looking at my signature reminds me my Eve probes have not actually arrived yet in 1.0.

I've flown by Moho and Orbited Duna and Ike the only place i've captured, orbited and landed was Eeloo lol, built my first thought out Interplanetary ship and figured screw it Eelloo it is.

P.S. You need massive solar panels or RTG / Fuel thingy.

I've been everywhere, but only on sandbox. They were mostly one-way trips, and sometimes I just crashed into the planet. I've only really been to Duna on career, but I have plans to fly close to the sun, and to Jool that I've tested on sandbox.

Edited by sj176

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.