Sign in to follow this  
TaintedLion

Centre of mass and camera view changing in flight

Question

When I'm launching unmanned probes, I get a weird bug at about 5000m up, which causes the centre of mass to shift down and the vessel drifts out the camera view. When I rotate, it of course rotates around the new centre of mass, so it just shakes itself apart.

8 answers to this question

I've been having this problem today as well on one of my rockets, about every 6000m or so the camera tracks a new center of mass and eventually it drops BELOW the actual rocket so much that the rocket goes into a spin around this imaginary CoM.

It's very clear somethings up, because this kind of rocket shouldn't spin around a point below the rocket like a rock on a string......

Also I doubt it's a CoM issue in the rocket itself considering the Payload is a fuel tanker bound for my minmus Sci-Station and it's lander. If it was a problem with too much mass at the top it'd be spinning around the nose, not below the bottom engine.....

I'm on Windows so it doesn't appear to be a platform issue....

Edited by Railgunner2160

Do you have hotrockets installed? I checked my debug console and it came up with a hotrockets error as soon as the glitch started.

I am also having this issue, but in windows. Are your decouplers animating within VAB by any chance, TaintedLion?

I've seen this several times in the past, it's usually a mod (interfering with krakensbane?) causing the problem. Recently TweakableEverything had this issue with solar panels - toadicus is working on it.

Nobody has posted a list of installed mods, or any logs... so it's all guesswork.

Make a clean install and add one mod at a time until you trigger it, or do a binary sort on your mod list to save some time tracking it down.

Edited by steve_v

Ok, after removing Tweakable Everything & TodaciousTools I seemed to have fixed my issue. Maybe that'll help you guys.....

FWIW, Tweakable Everything fix is live:

Version 1.11.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-19

TweakableSolarPanels: Fixed an issue that caused non-animated solar panels to unhinge reality.

I don't have tweakables and have the same problem. The closest thing I have to tweakables I have is procedural parts. Seeing how not loading that affects things...

Addendum: Nope.

Edited by AstroRick