Centre of mass and camera view changing in flight

When I'm launching unmanned probes, I get a weird bug at about 5000m up, which causes the centre of mass to shift down and the vessel drifts out the camera view. When I rotate, it of course rotates around the new centre of mass, so it just shakes itself apart.

I've been having this problem today as well on one of my rockets, about every 6000m or so the camera tracks a new center of mass and eventually it drops BELOW the actual rocket so much that the rocket goes into a spin around this imaginary CoM.

It's very clear somethings up, because this kind of rocket shouldn't spin around a point below the rocket like a rock on a string......

Also I doubt it's a CoM issue in the rocket itself considering the Payload is a fuel tanker bound for my minmus Sci-Station and it's lander. If it was a problem with too much mass at the top it'd be spinning around the nose, not below the bottom engine.....

I'm on Windows so it doesn't appear to be a platform issue....

Edited by Railgunner2160

I've seen this several times in the past, it's usually a mod (interfering with krakensbane?) causing the problem. Recently TweakableEverything had this issue with solar panels - toadicus is working on it.

Nobody has posted a list of installed mods, or any logs... so it's all guesswork.

Make a clean install and add one mod at a time until you trigger it, or do a binary sort on your mod list to save some time tracking it down.

Edited by steve_v

FWIW, Tweakable Everything fix is live:

Version 1.11.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-19

TweakableSolarPanels: Fixed an issue that caused non-animated solar panels to unhinge reality.

I don't have tweakables and have the same problem. The closest thing I have to tweakables I have is procedural parts. Seeing how not loading that affects things...

Addendum: Nope.

Edited by AstroRick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.