[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

On 6/5/2018 at 1:13 AM, TheAnonymous said:

Hi! So I added a cfg file in the Configs folder for CxAerospace docking ports and now they work fine but is there a way to make them impassable when I close the hatch?
All did was this:

@PART[CXA_APAS_A]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true

}
}

I know very little about scripting, can you help me out? haha
Thanks in advance! Great mod, adds realism to the game, and thanks for continuing this mod.

Does the part contain a ModuleDockingPort module?  if so, then a hatch will automatically be added to the part.  If you can send me the config file for the docking port, I can figure out what is going on.

New release:

release v1.2.6.2 release date:  13 Jun 2018
- recompiled for 1.4.3
- incorporate PR #102 Add Italian translation.  Thanks to CRL42!
- incorporate PRs #101 from cake-pie make CLS 1.3.1 compatible. Thanks cake-pie!
- Updated KSP-AVC version file to reflect backwards compatibility to KSP 1.3.1
- fixed Git issue #99 inflatable airlock deploy/retract does not update clsvessel state.  Incorporate PR #100 from cake-pie.
- incorporate PR #98 from cake-pie correct updating cls state on crew movements Thanks cake-pie!
- fixed Git issue #96 localization of certain languages due to string order.
- Added surface attached is passable to structural tubes (Making History).
- Recoupler issue hatch status not changing when opening/closing hatches after recouple

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

KSP v1.4.3 and v1.4.4, CLS v1.2.6.2

I have the beginnings of a station in LKO and a tug docked to it via two MKS Construction Ports.  I cannot transfer a Kerbal between the docked Cupola and the Salamander Command Pod.  Both hatches are open.  The ports are not compressed.

4NT4mnm.png

What have I done wrong or are Construction Ports not passable (despite what it says in the VAB)?

Edited by Brigadier

On 6/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, Brigadier said:

KSP v1.4.3 and v1.4.4, CLS v1.2.6.2

I have the beginnings of a station in LKO and a tug docked to it via two MKS Construction Ports.  I cannot transfer a Kerbal between the docked Cupola and the Salamander Command Pod.  Both hatches are open.  The ports are not compressed.

What have I done wrong or are Construction Ports not passable (despite what it says in the VAB)?

It's cuz you are using the cupola. The mod's CLSStock.cfg config file says the top node of the cupola is impassable, so I assume the same would be true for any other cupola you might be using.

@PART[cupola]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
		impassablenodes = top 
	}
}

Edited by wookiee_goldberg

1 hour ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

It's cuz you are using the cupola. The mod's CLSStock.cfg config file says the top node of the cupola is impassable, so I assume the same would be true for any other cupola you might be using.

Thanks; that makes a lot of sense.  I haven't spent the time to understand config file and MM syntax (my loss), and too bad I really wanted to connect that top node to my contiguous living quarters.  I suspect that commenting out the impassiblenodes line in the cfg would change the impassibility but since it doesn't matter for the purposes of total hab time (RoverDude's LS), I think I'll leave it alone.

I've noticed that when I dock two ports and open their hatches, CLS continues to treat them as separate spaces, so kerbals can't pass through.  If I quicksave and then quickload, then CLS treats the pair as a single connected space like it should.  Then, if I close the hatches, CLS continues to treat them as a connected space until I quicksave and quickload again.  Is this a known problem?  I'm using CLS version 1.2.6.2 on KSP 1.4.4 (on Linux, if it matters).

The changelog for CLS 1.2.6.2 mentions a "recoupler issue" that sounds like a similar problem "after recouple".  I can't tell whether the word "recouple" in that context just means plain docking, or if it refers to the ReCoupler mod.  FWIW, I'm not using that mod.  (The changelog entry also doesn't have a word like "fixed" at the beginning, so I'm wondering if it means it's a known bug that was introduced by this version, rather than an old one that's supposed to be resolved.)

10 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I've noticed that when I dock two ports and open their hatches, CLS continues to treat them as separate spaces, so kerbals can't pass through.  If I quicksave and then quickload, then CLS treats the pair as a single connected space like it should.  Then, if I close the hatches, CLS continues to treat them as a connected space until I quicksave and quickload again.  Is this a known problem?  I'm using CLS version 1.2.6.2 on KSP 1.4.4 (on Linux, if it matters).

The changelog for CLS 1.2.6.2 mentions a "recoupler issue" that sounds like a similar problem "after recouple".  I can't tell whether the word "recouple" in that context just means plain docking, or if it refers to the ReCoupler mod.  FWIW, I'm not using that mod.  (The changelog entry also doesn't have a word like "fixed" at the beginning, so I'm wondering if it means it's a known bug that was introduced by this version, rather than an old one that's supposed to be resolved.)

Pinging @Papa_Joe

On 6/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, Wyzard said:

Here to say I have the same issue. FWIW, a quick EVA also solves the problem. Something to do with vessel change possibly? Read there was an issue with that somewhere on the last page. Running the same versions on Windows 10.

Something happens when undocking.

I just had to struggle with something regarding EC - no exceptions but something.
Could be the actual CLS issue. I'm not sure.

I had Apollo still docked together in Mun orbit.
I decoupled the upper stage and brought it to deorbit.
Switched back to CSM/LM and undocked LM.

Now both, CSM (with Kerbalism fuel cell on!) and LM had a rapidly higher EC/s usage than normal ... and also RealBattery didn't jump in as EC reached 20% - I also attached a small RealBattery with 10 EC and 1 SC (which is worth 3600 EC) to the LM ... @Blackline

I should have tried if the quick-EVA-and-back solution works, but I forgot ...

It seems that either undocking or vessel switching breaks something or increases EC/s somehow...

But after the switch from the spent stage the problem was not already occuring, it started after the undocking.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0yonju14jl5g8q/2018-06-27_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 4:11 PM, Moiety said:

Here to say I have the same issue. FWIW, a quick EVA also solves the problem. Something to do with vessel change possibly? Read there was an issue with that somewhere on the last page. Running the same versions on Windows 10.

To add a little more, with EasyVesselSwitch an EVA isn't enough (switching back to the tracking station a bit will recompute the connections).

Hi folks, I think I'm having similar issues that makes it so I can't transfer Kerbals between docking ports. In this case also, I have surface-attached docking ports (which might be yet another issue). This is running on KSP 1.4.3 along with various updated mod versions (see below).

I've done testing of the various scenarios I've read in this thread to resolve:

1. On original load of the craft, testing the ability to Transfer Crew
  2. Undocking / Redocking while in original craft load then attempting to Transfer Crew
  3. Reloading from the Tracking Station and attempting Transfer Crew
  4. Reloading from a Quicksave and attempting to Transfer Crew

Hopefully anyone can point if I missed something totally obvious to everyone else. :confused: But I wanted to be somewhat thorough. I can also provide a log if that's useful in diagnosing this specific issue.

To be sure, I've got a lot of mods on this playthrough. The full list is included below, but specifically what you can see in the tests:

• Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.2.6.2)
  • Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 1.8)
  • Better Science Labs Continued (BetterScienceLabsContinued 0.1.9.3)
  • Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VenStockRevamp v1.9.6)
  • Full mod list included below
  • Spoiler

[x] Science! (xScience vV5.16)
    Action Groups Extended (AGExt 2.3.35)
    Basic Procedural Textures (BasicProceduralTextures v1.2)
    Better Science Labs Continued (BetterScienceLabsContinued 0.1.9.3)
    BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.6.1)
    BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.3.2)
    BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.10.1)
    ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.7)
    Collision FX (CollisionFX v4.0)
    CommNet Constellation (CommNetConstellation 1.2.1)
    Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.10.0.0)
    Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.3)
    Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.0.0)
    Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.2.6.2)
    Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.25.0)
    Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.7.1)
    Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.1)
    Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
    Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
    Contract Parser (ContractParser 8.0)
    Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 8.2)
    Craft Manager (CraftManager 1.1.3)
    Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v4.1.2)
    Decoupler Shroud (DecouplerShroud 0.5.0)
    Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.9.1)
    Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.9.1)
    DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.12)
    Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.8.2)
    Draggable Altimeter (DraggableAltimeter v1.0.1)
    Draggable Navball (DraggableNavball v1.0.1)
    Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 1.8)
    Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.19.3)
    Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.4.2-2)
    Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
    HangerExtender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.5.3.2)
    HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
    IndicatorLights (IndicatorLights 1.3.1)
    IndicatorLights Community Extensions (IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions 1.3.1)
    Keep It Straight (KeepItStraight 1.0.4)
    Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.9.1.0)
    Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.4.0)
    Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.5.2)
    Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.2.6.16)
    Kerbal Improved Save System (KerbalImprovedSaveSystem v2.3.0)
    Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.14)
    Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.4.3-2)
    KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.2.0.2)
    MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.7.3.0)
    MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.2)
    Mini Airbrakes (MiniAirbrakes 1.1)
    ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.5.0)
    Module Manager (ModuleManager 3.0.7)
    MSP-3000 Material Science Pod (MSP3000 V1.0)
    NavHud (NavHudRenewed 1.3.5.1)
    Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 2:2.2.1)
    Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.16)
    PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.1)
    PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.1)
    Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.9.1)
    Progress Parser (ProgressParser 9.0)
    RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 0.9.7.1)
    Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v11.0.0)
    Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v1.2.0)
    scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0331b)
    scatterer - default config (Scatterer-config 2:v0.0331b)
    scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0331b)
    ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.4)
    SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.0.0)
    SpacetuxSA (SpacetuxSA 0.3.12.3)
    Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.6)
    TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.19)
    TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v2.7.0)
    The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.4.1)
    Tokamak Refurbished Parts (TokamakRefurbishedParts 0.1.15.3)
    Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.17.11)
    Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.10)
    Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 4.0)
    Trajectories (Trajectories vKSP1.4.2-v2.2.0)
    Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.6.3.0)
    TRP-Hire (TRPHire 0.6.8.6)
    USI Tools (USITools 0.12.0.0)
    Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VenStockRevamp v1.9.6)
    Vertical Velocity Controller Redux (TWR1 1.33.0)

Here are screenshots from my testing:

On original load of the craft, testing the ability to Transfer Crew

CLS shows two separate living spaces and won't allow a transfer between the Hitchhiker and the docked Kerbcan. Again, this is connected via surface-attached docking ports where I've made sure the hatches are open. CLS shows the Kerbcan docking port as a passable space.

FQVPK2y.png

Undocking / Redocking while in original craft load then attempting to Transfer Crew

After undocking the Kerbcan an then re-docking, CLS continues to show two separate space. Crew transfer is not allowed between the two.

zsA7nfT.png

Reloading from the Tracking Station and attempting Transfer Crew

After going to the Tracking Station and reloading the craft, again this shows two separate living spaces that won't allow crew to transfer between them.

AQuMpMJ.png

Reloading from a Quicksave and attempting to Transfer Crew

Finally, after quicksaving then reloading the craft from the Quicksave, again CLS won't allow a transfer between the two docked parts.

a7jXvXL.png

Edited by scottadges

• 5 weeks later...

I'm running into some problems with spaceship designs and CLS. Specifically, I'm missing passable adapters between certain radial sizes. Can anyone point me to a mod with a passable Mk2 to 1.25m adapter, and preferably other adapters as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 3:43 PM, Bogen said:

I'm running into some problems with spaceship designs and CLS. Specifically, I'm missing passable adapters between certain radial sizes. Can anyone point me to a mod with a passable Mk2 to 1.25m adapter, and preferably other adapters as well?

I'm pretty sure the Rockomax Brand Adapters (2.5m to 1.25m) are already passable. However, the FL-A5 and FL-A10 adapters (1.25m to .625m) aren't included in the CLS stock parts configuration. I've added the following to my copy of CLSStock.cfg:

@PART[adapterSmallMiniShort]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[adapterSmallMiniTall]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

About to test.

• 2 weeks later...

When I dock two ships, after opening docking port's hatch, I still can't transfer crews, and if I want to transfer crews, I must reload the vessel (for example switch to another vessel and back) so CLS can update its status, is there any way to fix it?

• 4 weeks later...

Forked a branch to do some more CLSStock* config file updating. Branch is here (commits are in 'master') if anyone wants to try it before I do a pull request: https://github.com/wookieegoldberg/ConnectedLivingSpace

I tried this out in 1.3.1, 1.4.3, 1.4.5, and 1.5, since different versions use different part names. I'm thinking of consolidating some entries into single entries since it seems possible that comma-separated part names read as "this OR that", so things like @PART[stackSeparatorBig] and @PART[Separator_3] could possibly be combined into a single @PART[stackSeparatorBig,Separator_3] entry... I'll try doing this tomorrow.

Changes are as follows:

added to "CLSStock.cfg"
mk1pod_v2		(for 1.5, updated "@PART[mk1pod]" to say "@PART[mk1pod,mk1pod_v2]")
adapterSmallMiniShort	(since config already included the 2 Rockomax brand adapters)
adapterSmallMiniTall	(since config already included the 2 Rockomax brand adapters)
Size3to2Adapter		(since config already included the 2 Rockomax brand adapters)

added to "CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt"
stackSeparatorMini	(since config already contained all the other decouplers)
stackDecouplerMini	(since config already contained all the other decouplers)
size3Decoupler		(since config already contained all the other decouplers)
stackBiCoupler		(since config already contained adapterLargeSmallBi)
stackTriCoupler		(since config already contained adapterLargeSmallTri)
stackQuadCoupler	(since config already contained adapterLargeSmallQuad)
Size1to0ServiceModule	(MH only: to allow ApolloCSM-like "docking tunnel" surrounded by parachutes)

removed from "CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg" (still present, but commented out)
fairingSize1p5	(no stock fairings were included, so this won't be either)
fairingSize4	(no stock fairings were included, so this won't be either)

changed from "CLSStockMakingHistory.cfg"
kv1Pod	(changed "impassable node" from "top" to "bottom" - the inflatable airlock is meant to go on the top, the bottom is an impermeable decoupler)
kv2Pod	(changed "impassable node" from "top" to "bottom" - the inflatable airlock is meant to go on the top, the bottom is an impermeable decoupler)
kv3Pod	(changed "impassable node" from "top" to "bottom" - the inflatable airlock is meant to go on the top, the bottom is an impermeable decoupler)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 4:44 PM, Tonka Crash said:

@wuzihong It's a known problem if you read back through this thread. The simplest work around is to EVA and board someone after opening hatches. When they board CLS should see the docked ships as connected.

Is a fix on the horizon, or is there a way to simply have docking ports default to open?

5 hours ago, dlrk said:

Is a fix on the horizon, or is there a way to simply have docking ports default to open?

I wouldn't count on a fix anytime soon, or ever. It's the nature of KSP mods. You get in the habit of opening ports and popping someone outside to reset the CLS connections.

@Papa_Joe I'm having a problem with a base where I can't get all the spaces seen as connected. I have a vessel that had 2 disconnected spaces as constructed. Once landed I connected each section to the base. One of them I cannot get to be recognized as connected, I don't know if this is due to them being disconnected in the original vessel or some other issue. I've messed around a lot with where the connections are made and I cannot get CLS to recognize both spaces.

I'm out of ideas and looking for suggestions. I use CLS compliance for bases and stations as a self imposed design guideline, so this gnaws at my OCD tendencies.

8e1LJ89.jpg

First photo is the majority of the base. The problem area is at the bottom of the drilling rig at the left foreground. All connections are KPBS flexible corridors attached to KPBS 6 way hubs.

P262gMY.jpg

Second photo is the problem area. There is a KPBS 6 way hub with two flexible corridor paths to the rest of the base, one up and one to the right. The other end of the flexible corridors are shown as passable in the first photo. I've tried various connection points to no change.

Edited by Tonka Crash

6 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

I wouldn't count on a fix anytime soon, or ever. It's the nature of KSP mods. You get in the habit of opening ports and popping someone outside to reset the CLS connections.

That's too bad. Is CLS abandoned?

@dlrk I don't think CLS is abandoned as its maintainer logged in last week, but it isn't updated frequently. It may be quite some time before this issue is addressed as the problem you are running into is not game breaking as a quick EVA works around the problem. 

Edited by Tonka Crash