[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

I just ran into the same issue with one of the SSPXr size-adapter crew tubes.  Tried to get around it by going EVA, but that locked up the game* and I had to kill the process.  Will edit this post with a pad-test screenshot once I'm back in-game.

* (in retrospect, may have just been an input lock issue?  Game was still processing, just couldn't move camera or kerbal, or re-board the pod)

[EDIT]  Two screenshots.  One in the VAB showing the "more info" parts list popout with CLS info, the other on the pad with the CLS window and highlights up showing not passable.

Spoiler

BBfrAuw.png

zAYnhWG.png

Side-note, the CKAN metadata still links to the old "CLS (adopted)" thread.

[EDIT 2]  Well, now it's working with those example parts.  Not sure if I just misunderstood what I was looking at, or if something I did during various restarts (mostly unrelated to either of these mods) fixed it.

Having a crew-transfer issue with other mod parts in my career save; checking configs and patches on that now.

Edited by SilverlightPony

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me understand better what I'm seeing in the VAB:

cMY5a0O.png

These parts are from the mod Planetside Bases (as well as SSPXr). Specifically, I'm using the C200 port to connect to a M50H habitation area.

Are these considered "connected" even though they're listed as separate in the GUI? When using the SSPXr docking ports alone, there's only one area in the GUI which is green, but using these other ports, I'm getting the two areas.

Appreciate any help or guidance you can offer!

Edited by scottadges

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, new version.

Version 2.0.2.0 - Release 12 Feb 2022 - KSP 1.12.3
-------------------------------------------------
- Fixed: Revert CLSClient.cs location to match build process
- Fixed: Correct version template to reflect correct version data for build process

No feature changes.  only changes to the version info and the internal structure of the Developer tools included with the release.  This will resolve the version out of date issue

• 1 month later...

@Papa_Joe Just ran across an issue with using CLS with switch-enabled stack nodes.

Basically, I have parts, that I have using optional stack nodes, for attachment of "stuff", in cargo bays. When i have a CLS patch declaring imapassable nodes, it seems CLS over-rides the switching patch... ie, I guess by defining impassable nodes, CLS declares them as present, whether they are or not...

Actually, so I removed the impassable key, with the impassable nodes, and added a passable ey with the passable nodes... But I STILL have CLS overiding the switching on the impassable nodes.

So, I'm guessing, CLS has no way of detecting/updating when nodes are actively present or not, after game start.. ??

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Papa_Joe Just ran across an issue with using CLS with switch-enabled stack nodes.

Basically, I have parts, that I have using optional stack nodes, for attachment of "stuff", in cargo bays. When i have a CLS patch declaring imapassable nodes, it seems CLS over-rides the switching patch... ie, I guess by defining impassable nodes, CLS declares them as present, whether they are or not...

Actually, so I removed the impassable key, with the impassable nodes, and added a passable ey with the passable nodes... But I STILL have CLS overiding the switching on the impassable nodes.

So, I'm guessing, CLS has no way of detecting/updating when nodes are actively present or not, after game start.. ??

CLS uses Module manager to configure parts at start up.  IIRC, there is also a Passable switch in the VAB for changing the behavior of some parts, however this is limited.  There are also "alternative" configs in the distribution in the form of zipped files that "relax" some configs.  You can examine those to see if they might help.  I would have to do a bit of research on the parts in question to be able to characterize what is actually going on.  The design philosophy was you can set passability before flight, when in the construction phase.  after that it is hardware, so no changes are possible.

If you can provide some details on your issue (including parts, etc), I can look into it further.

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

ahhh.. ok... so I have them/would *like* to have them switchable in flight, as well as in editor

Ya.  that would be a Realism setting.  Since CLS is used with the Realism community, I will have to make that a "cheat" proof setting.  Let me look into that.  Comments from others are welcome, as this wouild affect its use in a realistic environment.  I know that others were pretty vocal with Ship Manifest, and that limits its use in the Realism community...

52 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ya.  that would be a Realism setting.  Since CLS is used with the Realism community, I will have to make that a "cheat" proof setting.  Let me look into that.  Comments from others are welcome, as this wouild affect its use in a realistic environment.  I know that others were pretty vocal with Ship Manifest, and that limits its use in the Realism community...

If it matters, the nodes I'm talking about would *never* be used for passability. Defining them in CLS as impassable, does me no good, be cause that alone makes them present at all times.

Would a happy medium be to somehow define them, so CLS just *completely* ignores them... Like, being able to just completely exclude them/hide them from CLS?

I can understand where it might be moar complicated if people wanted these switchable nodes to be either passable/impassable... basically being able to toggle CLS on them.

But I would lie the case where they just get *commpletely* ignored by CLS... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...

For @BarnabeLEPD and anybody else who's had issues with surface-attached parts, could you possibly try out this unofficial build https://github.com/mwerle/ConnectedLivingSpace/commit/844e5ec8d7f1d346642d0e76b3f2c01d3c39fc3e

To try, Download the DLL's and replace the ones from your GameData (might be an idea to copy the original ones somewhere safe so you can return to them once you finish testing).

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone have a CLS Config file for Mk3 Stockalike Expansion? The mod itself has CLS patch files, but they do not appear to work. I am guessing that is because an update to CLS or Module Manager broke compatibility with the now quite older mod.

Edited by Mitokandria

19 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

Does anyone have a CLS Config file for Mk3 Stockalike Expansion? The mod itself has CLS patch files, but they do not appear to work. I am guessing that is because an update to CLS or Module Manager broke compatibility with the now quite older mod.

After reviewing the patch closer it looks like it is working, but many of the parts that should logically be passable were not setup in the CLS config. Guess I'll need to modify the config file and add the parts I feel should be passable. Does anyone already have such a config?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/23/2017 at 7:42 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

Add a MM patch to your GameData folder (I suggest creating a patches folder to store your personal patches if you don't already have one - they tend to accumulate over time :wink:) with this content:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingHatch]]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[ModuleDockingHatch] {}
}

Should this still be working? I tried it and it did remove the option to open/close hatches, but it also made it impossible to transfer crew through the ports altogether.

Or is there some better way of removing the hatches or automatically opening them after docking?

It seems all they really do is adding four more mouse clicks after each docking...

[edit]Alright, somehow I never thought of just saving and restarting KSP, I was always reloading my save prior to docking which probably still had the old hatch closed state everywhere. It's fine now, no more hatch opening ceremonies after each docking.

Edited by jd284
fixed

On 8/30/2023 at 7:00 PM, jd284 said:

Alright, somehow I never thought of just saving and restarting KSP, I was always reloading my save prior to docking which probably still had the old hatch closed state everywhere. It's fine now, no more hatch opening ceremonies after each docking.

Actually it's still not completely fixed, after docking I still have to quicksave-quickload to be able to transfer crew across docking ports. Seems even without hatch modules present, the default state gets set to the wrong value. Anyway, F5-F9 is still faster than clicking on both ports, so I'll take it for now...

• 7 months later...

Mirroring my bug report here:

Connected Living Spaces and Kerbal Health seem to be showing integration errors (nullreference exception) when using NearFuture command pods (Pandora).

Spoiler
[LOG 15:58:00.198] [KerbalHealth] KerbalHealthScenario.OnSave
[EXC 15:58:00.201] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalHealth.CLS.GetCrew (ConnectedLivingSpace.ICLSSpace clsSpace) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.Core.GetCrew (ProtoCrewMember pcm, System.Boolean entireVessel) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.Logic.Test (ProtoCrewMember pcm) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.Logic.Test (ProtoCrewMember pcm) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.MTBEModifier.Calculate (System.Double baseValue, ProtoCrewMember pcm) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.MTBEModifier.Calculate (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] modifiers, System.Double baseValue, ProtoCrewMember pcm) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.HealthCondition.GetMTBE (ProtoCrewMember pcm) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.UpdateKerbals (System.Boolean forced) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.OnSave (ConfigNode node) (at <a252c790b4f14e1280cfecc766e8d141>:0)
    ScenarioModule.Save (ConfigNode node) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (ScenarioModule module) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    KSCPauseMenu.<draw>b__20_9 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    DialogGUIButton.<Create>b__23_1 () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <0c883c16262a4198973f823d01e07427>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <0c883c16262a4198973f823d01e07427>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <0c883c16262a4198973f823d01e07427>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <0c883c16262a4198973f823d01e07427>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()