[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

Update.  Incorporated some recent changes.

release v 1.2.1.3
* New:  Changed behavior of CLSClient.cs (API wrapper class) to prevent additional assembly scans when called. Ref Git Issue #72.
* New:  Added new configs for Taurus HCV.  Git Issue #71
* New:  Added config changes for KOSMOS SSPP  Git Issue #69
* New:  Refactoring for KSP 1.1.2 (WIP)

Enjoy.

Hey all, I just noticed in my dev build that CLS right click menus do not appear when right clicking on a part in the part selector at the left..  Is this occurring in anyone's game when in the editor?  I also noted that the CLSDefault.cfg file, that builds the optional part modules for customizable parts was missing.  I'm working on getting this working.  Strange no one has mentioned it....

Edited by Papa_Joe

4 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I had editor information showing up just fine in 1.2.1.2 (haven't tried 1.2.1.3 yet), so that must be a new issue.  I never mentioned anything about customizable parts because I've never felt inclined to use that feature.

Thanks for the update.   may just be a build error on my end. :)

I was installing and uninstalling mods today to find out what is breaking FAR voxelization process. In the end, it was CLS exception that breaks things (possibly in connection with RemoteTech):

When attaching antenna or command pod to original command pod:

[LOG 19:43:52.258] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad
[LOG 19:43:52.259] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 19:43:52.259] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[EXC 19:43:52.261] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.RebuildCLSVessel (.Vessel newVessel)
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.OnVesselWasModified (.Vessel data)
    EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.AddTransmitter ()
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.SetState (Boolean state)
    RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()
[LOG 19:43:53.661] bluedog.Diamant.Asterix added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 19:43:53.674] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave
[LOG 19:43:53.694] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.727] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.789] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.857] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.907] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.974] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:54.023] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:54.092] Updating Untitled Space Craft

If I remove CLS, FAR finishes voxelization process without a problem.

32 minutes ago, habix said:

I was installing and uninstalling mods today to find out what is breaking FAR voxelization process. In the end, it was CLS exception that breaks things (possibly in connection with RemoteTech):

When attaching antenna or command pod to original command pod:

[LOG 19:43:52.258] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad
[LOG 19:43:52.259] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 19:43:52.259] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[EXC 19:43:52.261] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 19:43:53.661] bluedog.Diamant.Asterix added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 19:43:53.674] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave
[LOG 19:43:53.694] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.727] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.789] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.857] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.907] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:53.974] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:54.023] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:43:54.092] Updating Untitled Space Craft

If I remove CLS, FAR finishes voxelization process without a problem.

Thanks for the report.  I will investigate!

19 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the report.  I will investigate!

I'm trying to reproduce the error with fresh install and only "involved mods".. without luck.

The error posted before was raised when using CLS, RemoteTech, Bluedog Design Bureau, FAR (last one was not really raising exceptions, it just didn't work because of exception before it-I guess), and some more..
It happened when attaching antenna or command pod from BDB to existing vanilla command pod. Other parts from BDB mod worked with FAR (only antennas and command pods did not).
Same exception was raised when using mod "Antennas (config based only - no code)" instead of BDB.. and attaching antenna to mk1 vanilla command pod.

Removing CLS at any time solved the problem (as did removing just RemoteTech). 

Well.. hope it helps somewhat to find out what is happening

On May 5, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Svm420 said:

@Papa_Joe

I am experiencing a strange NRE. The mods I used to cause the NRE are the latest dev version of FAR and latest MFI, almost lastest RemoteTech (will be verifying with the latest as well, but am currently assuming the NRE is still present), latest Connected Living Space and latest MM. It seems when placing certain antenna on a vessel connected living space somehow triggers FAR to keep running its update cycle and never finishing it. The strangest part is only some antenna trigger the constant update cycle, but all of them cause the NRE to be thrown. The NRE happens when selecting an antenna from the part list, and the constant updates are triggered after placing the antenna on the vessel. Nothing in my cache/part.cfgs correlates with which antenna trigger the constant updates. I found it easiest to trigger with antennas from the mod BlueDog Design Bureau. I do not expect you to DL part mods to test, but I want to give all relevant details from my testing. I will edit this post when I have tested with the latest RT. If you need more info or me to test dlls LMK. Thank you! Below is the NRE in question and a demo of the updates triggered after snipped for brevity.

Reveal hidden contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.RebuildCLSVessel (.Vessel newVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.OnVesselWasModified (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.AddTransmitter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.SetState (Boolean state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Updating Untitled Space Craft
    Etc...

14 hours ago, habix said:

I'm trying to reproduce the error with fresh install and only "involved mods".. without luck.

The error posted before was raised when using CLS, RemoteTech, Bluedog Design Bureau, FAR (last one was not really raising exceptions, it just didn't work because of exception before it-I guess), and some more..
It happened when attaching antenna or command pod from BDB to existing vanilla command pod. Other parts from BDB mod worked with FAR (only antennas and command pods did not).
Same exception was raised when using mod "Antennas (config based only - no code)" instead of BDB.. and attaching antenna to mk1 vanilla command pod.

Removing CLS at any time solved the problem (as did removing just RemoteTech). 

Well.. hope it helps somewhat to find out what is happening

Hey I remember this :wink:

New Release.

release v 1.2.1.4
* Fixed:  NullRef exceptions when RemoteTech is installed.
* New:  Moved configuration file from GameData root folder to GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins\PluginData folder to comply with KSP folder standards for mods.

Hopefully this will correct the nullref issue.  

Note:  I have moved the configuration file from the GameData root to the GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins\PluginData folder.  This is to comply with KSP standards for placing configurstions for Mods.

Still getting that nullref with 1.2.1.4

[LOG 08:30:42.609] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad
[LOG 08:30:42.609] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 08:30:42.610] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[EXC 08:30:42.611] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 08:30:43.984] bluedog.rangerDish added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 08:30:43.994] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnSave
[LOG 08:30:44.027] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 08:30:44.088] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 08:30:44.149] Updating Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 08:30:44.207] Updating Untitled Space Craft

I can confirm I'm getting the same error, also noticed an error related to a missing .dat file.

[EXC 02:24:26.760] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins\PluginData\cls_settings.dat".
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
    ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.saveSettings ()
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.OnDestroy ()

And:

[EXC 02:24:21.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()

Here are my logs, disregard the EXC at the bottom, these are the same logs I uploaded for a Near Future error I got. But you can still see the CLS errors.

https://mega.nz/#!6BU3XQTL!XWeJWj-Lh91_JDvNDWVGhh9nHMs426rKH_ZOzVgM_6Y

The dat file should have been included in the distribtion.  I will verify.  I did relocate it to the plugindata folder.  I will see about modifying the enumerator I'm using.  I had discussed this issue with JPLReo, so I have another avenue to attack it from.

I don't have RT loaded at the moment, as I've been pressed for time and have not rebuilt a comlete test environment with all mods loaded yet :(

Verified.  dat file is in the distribution.  Be sure you have a GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins\PluginData folder.

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

The dat file should have been included in the distribtion.  I will verify.  I did relocate it to the plugindata folder.  I will see about modifying the enumerator I'm using.  I had discussed this issue with JPLReo, so I have another avenue to attack it from.

I don't have RT loaded at the moment, as I've been pressed for time and have not rebuilt a comlete test environment with all mods loaded yet :(

Verified.  dat file is in the distribution.  Be sure you have a GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins\PluginData folder.

I found what the problem was. I play with a few friends so we a bitbukkit repository with Git to easily update our mods. For some reason Git missed the plugin folder, its there in the repository but isn't recognizing it. I'll fix this, thanks!

A small glitch I noticed; apologies if it already came up and I missed it. 

CLSHomeGrownRockets.cfg does not include an entry for the Radish capsule. 

Thanks for your work on this mod; I'm just now using it as part of my game.

7 hours ago, twisted067 said:

I found what the problem was. I play with a few friends so we a bitbukkit repository with Git to easily update our mods. For some reason Git missed the plugin folder, its there in the repository but isn't recognizing it. I'll fix this, thanks!

I'm still in the process of changing the way I set up the distribution.  When complete, those folders will be in their proper places.on Git.

Ok, I think I have this issue licked.  RemoteTech is firing an event, and I think CLS was expecting data that could be null outside of my trycatch block.  I've added a null check.   I'm not releaseing a point release, as I do not have a proper test rig set up yet. (in process).  

However, I've pushed my code up to Git, and made the ConnectedLivingSpace.dll available.  If you would like to test it. you can get it from Git here:  https://github.com/codepoetpbowden/ConnectedLivingSpace/tree/master/plugins/ConnectedLivingSpace/bin/Debug

Just replace the existing dll with this one and let me know if it fixes it.

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ok, I think I have this issue licked.  RemoteTech is firing an event, and I think CLS was expecting data that could be null outside of my trycatch block.  I've added a null check.   I'm not releaseing a point release, as I do not have a proper test rig set up yet. (in process).  

However, I've pushed my code up to Git, and made the ConnectedLivingSpace.dll available.  If you would like to test it. you can get it from Git here:  https://github.com/codepoetpbowden/ConnectedLivingSpace/tree/master/plugins/ConnectedLivingSpace/bin/Debug

Just replace the existing dll with this one and let me know if it fixes it.

I didn't have time for a full test yet, but the exception is gone and also FAR finishes voxelization process now. (took latest release and overwrote the dlls from last link)

@Papa_Joe

Which NRE's did you fix recently regarding RemoteTech? The ones below? Because I still get them whenever I place/pickup anything with an RTAntenna or load a craft file with a part with an RTAntenna, which can be an issue for loading relays (I get slugged with multiple NRE's at once on loading the craft and has caused game crashes, which admittedly doesn't take much:P).

Here is a log, but it's basically just 5x the NRE below on loading a craft in the editor.

This is with version 1214 of CLS, which I believe is the latest.

Linux 64 bit.

Cheers.

160610T152946.950 [EXCEPTION] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.ModulesOnStart ()
Part+.MoveNext ()

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@Papa_Joe

Which NRE's did you fix recently regarding RemoteTech? The ones below? Because I still get them whenever I place/pickup anything with an RTAntenna or load a craft file with a part with an RTAntenna, which can be an issue for loading relays (I get slugged with multiple NRE's at once on loading the craft and has caused game crashes, which admittedly doesn't take much:P).

Here is a log, but it's basically just 5x the NRE below on loading a craft in the editor.

This is with version 1214 of CLS, which I believe is the latest.

Linux 64 bit.

Cheers.

160610T152946.950 [EXCEPTION] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.ModulesOnStart ()
Part+.MoveNext ()

I have not released a point update for the fix yet, but the dll is available in Git.  Look at this post: 

No worries.   I don't take offence, I simply answer the question.  However, I agree with you, it does pay to read the thread... :)

I am working on a point release tho.. so stay tuned.

Edited by Papa_Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.