[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

32 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

-snip-

OK... :D
The way you had it worded, and my slip in reading comprehension, I thought BOTH files were removed (implying support for the parts was removed all together)...
But thanks for the clarification on the filenames.. Thats a good bit to know for future reference... ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

On 22.3.2016 at 2:55 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Ok, new release.

release v1.2.0.2
* New:  Added Changes to configurations based on conversations in forums and a Pull Requests by Technologicat, khr15714n &  Kerbas-ad-astra.
* Fixed:  Correct build deploy automation to project (missing icons for blizzy). 
* Fixed:  CLS tweakables incorrectly visible when custom passability is disabled.

On SpaceDock and Github

Looking forward to KSP 1.1.  Soon now...

Congrats for the release!

Minor issue detected: the download URL in ConnectedLivingSpace.version points to KerbalStuff, although the hosting has been moved to the new SpaceDock. Maybe

"DOWNLOAD":"http://spacedock.info/mod/190/Connected%20Living%20Space",

?

43 minutes ago, Technologicat said:

Congrats for the release!

Minor issue detected: the download URL in ConnectedLivingSpace.version points to KerbalStuff, although the hosting has been moved to the new SpaceDock. Maybe

"DOWNLOAD":"http://spacedock.info/mod/190/Connected%20Living%20Space",

?

Thanks.   I updated the version and the server copy correctly but forgot the link on the distribution copy.....

Edited by Papa_Joe

Dunno if this is still relevant, but about the duplicate stock toolbar button bug, I think stupid_chris posted something relevant in the thread for KSP 1.1. (See that post and a few posts back.)

EDIT: ...unless you already read about it, didn't notice you posting in the thread when I posted this :)

Edited by Technologicat

On 3/31/2016 at 5:43 PM, Technologicat said:

Dunno if this is still relevant, but about the duplicate stock toolbar button bug, I think stupid_chris posted something relevant in the thread for KSP 1.1. (See that post and a few posts back.)

EDIT: ...unless you already read about it, didn't notice you posting in the thread when I posted this :)

Thanks.   I do have the work around AND the original event handler in place, so it's possible this is causing the double icons.   this is also in SM so probably there too.   

In other news,  I've just gotten a past a particularly difficult time.   I'm now back and focusing on KSP again.   Tough times are past now.  I've converted my account to steam (I resisted as long as I could)  and I'm working on getting a working build.   I'm trying to work thru the changes to screen messages so we can properly report our actions when cls is involved with stock transfers...  More to come.

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks.   I do have the work around AND the original event handler in place, so it's possible this is causing the double icons.   this is also in SM so probably there too.   

In other news,  I've just gotten a past a particularly difficult time.   I'm now back and focusing on KSP again.   Tough times are past now.  I've converted my account to steam (I resisted as long as I could)  and I'm working on getting a working build.   I'm trying to work thru the changes to screen messages so we can properly report our actions when cls is involved with stock transfers...  More to come.

Good news, glad you're in a better place. Looking forward to new builds, thanks!

19 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ok. In any case, it seems this is specific to the stock toolbar - with Blizzy's toolbar it doesn't seem to occur. (I have SM configured to use that and have never seen a duplicate button.) Probably completely different initialization procedure, though :P

19 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Glad that you're back.

Yeah, API changes can be a pain. Good luck with the upgrade!

Update.   have a working build on 1.1

Stock toolbar button changes icons, but the CLS window does not appear.  working that.

ScreenMessages are a wip with the changes to 1.1.

When I solve the toolbar activation issue, I'll release a prerelease version.  Should be within a few hours.

Version 1.2.0.9, KSP compatability update is now live on Git.  I'll be adding to spaceDock momentarily

changelog:
----------
prerelease v 1.2.0.9
* New:  Updated mod for KSP 1.1 compatability.
* New:  Corrected Stock Screen Messages so that they are properly removed when CLS overrides a Stock Crew Transfer.
* Fixed:  CLS would not display a window when the stock Icon was clicked.
* Fixed:  CLS should now only display 1 icon in Editor or flight.  Removed redundant icon call in Start, now that stock buttons now behave as intended.

12 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Many thanks for the update!  However, there's still a problem with the release packaging -- there are config files in the repo (e.g. TaurusHCV.cfg) that are not in the download.

I imagine so.  I have a wonky distribution process leftover from when Codepoet was handling it.   I need to rebuild the whole process like I did SM.   I'l be sure to get that corrected before proper release.

Thank you for the update.

I have one question. I usually have a lot of mods, and I use to have MM files to add CLS to parts for those mods. Should I make a pull request for those files?, right now I have one for MK2 extension, but this number can be increased as I add more mods to my install ;)

On 4/15/2016 at 3:24 PM, KaiserSoze said:

Thank you for the update.

I have one question. I usually have a lot of mods, and I use to have MM files to add CLS to parts for those mods. Should I make a pull request for those files?, right now I have one for MK2 extension, but this number can be increased as I add more mods to my install :wink:

It depends on the changes you have made.   the last distribution omitted one config as posted above.   Changes/additions to MM configs have to be weighed against realism and other factors, so you can submit a PR (in fact that is the preferred method), but please explain in your comments what you are doing and why. 

Thanks!

Also, now that 1.1 is official, I'll be revisiting both CLS and SM for updates.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 22/4/2016 at 4:19 AM, Papa_Joe said:

It depends on the changes you have made.   the last distribution omitted one config as posted above.   Changes/additions to MM configs have to be weighed against realism and other factors, so you can submit a PR (in fact that is the preferred method), but please explain in your comments what you are doing and why. 

Thanks!

Also, now that 1.1 is official, I'll be revisiting both CLS and SM for updates.

I will do. The explanation will be quite simple: to provide connectivity for parts that either allow kerbals to staty (cabins, etc) or pass (docking ports).

@Papa_Joe I found that the API isn't returning any crew when scene is editor, and I noticed the UI isn't displaying any crew either (always in the editor).

I think its related to changes in CMAssignmentDialog: now that class is alive but does nothing, the data is in KSP.UI.CrewAssignmentDialog instead.

Also filed an issue about this here. Cheers and nice work, this is becoming one of favorite mod! :D

On 4/26/2016 at 1:19 PM, ShotgunNinja said:

@Papa_Joe I found that the API isn't returning any crew when scene is editor, and I noticed the UI isn't displaying any crew either (always in the editor).

I think its related to changes in CMAssignmentDialog: now that class is alive but does nothing, the data is in KSP.UI.CrewAssignmentDialog instead.

Also filed an issue about this here. Cheers and nice work, this is becoming one of favorite mod! :D

Thanks.   I take a look at this.

Just tipping in to say thank you to @Papa_Joe for keeping CLS on the road and up to date with 1.1. 

Also I am delighted to see that kerbalism is making use of the CLS concept to link various life support / environmental factors to the design of ships and stations, which is something I always hoped would happen.

I remember the old days of sticking a monoprop tank on top of a mark2 capsule before topping it off with a docking port. These days no-one with even think of doing such a thing!

1 hour ago, codepoet said:

Just tipping in to say thank you to @Papa_Joe for keeping CLS on the road and up to date with 1.1. 

Also I am delighted to see that kerbalism is making use of the CLS concept to link various life support / environmental factors to the design of ships and stations, which is something I always hoped would happen.

I remember the old days of sticking a monoprop tank on top of a mark2 capsule before topping it off with a docking port. These days no-one with even think of doing such a thing!

Thanks for creating such a great mod.   I couldn't conceive of Ship Manifest being without it!

Hi!

I have created an cfg File to Support some Parts from Kerbalism Mod.

Maybe you can add this to your next update.

CLSKerbalism.cfg

@PART[InlineFoodBig]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
@PART[GravityRing]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
@PART[Greenhouse]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}

@Papa_Joe

I am experiencing a strange NRE. The mods I used to cause the NRE are the latest dev version of FAR and latest MFI, almost lastest RemoteTech (will be verifying with the latest as well, but am currently assuming the NRE is still present), latest Connected Living Space and latest MM. It seems when placing certain antenna on a vessel connected living space somehow triggers FAR to keep running its update cycle and never finishing it. The strangest part is only some antenna trigger the constant update cycle, but all of them cause the NRE to be thrown. The NRE happens when selecting an antenna from the part list, and the constant updates are triggered after placing the antenna on the vessel. Nothing in my cache/part.cfgs correlates with which antenna trigger the constant updates. I found it easiest to trigger with antennas from the mod BlueDog Design Bureau. I do not expect you to DL part mods to test, but I want to give all relevant details from my testing. I will edit this post when I have tested with the latest RT. If you need more info or me to test dlls LMK. Thank you! Below is the NRE in question and a demo of the updates triggered after snipped for brevity.

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.RebuildCLSVessel (.Vessel newVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.OnVesselWasModified (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.AddTransmitter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.SetState (Boolean state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Updating Untitled Space Craft
    Etc...

Thanks.   I'm now taking look at both CLS and Sm. to bring them up to 1.1.2 compliance.  There were a lot of changes from 1.0.5 to 1.1 and then a lot of changes from 1.1 to 1.1.2.

I wanted to wait for the dust to settle, and found a new woman during the break from coding.  The dark days of the past year are definitely behind me now.  WIn WIn!

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 08/05/2016 at 4:23 AM, Budz42 said:

Wanted to try this out with Kerbalism, but I don't know how compatible it is with 1.1.2. Eagerly awaiting any news on this mod :D

Anyway, congratz on the girlfriend.

Yes!!! This please ^^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.