[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

Ok folks.  a burst of productivity :D

I read over the forum thread, and reviewed my bugs in Git, as well as noting a couple of things while testing.  So changes/fixes are in place

New version:  v1.2.5.7

release v1.2.5.7 release date:  30 Jan 2018
 - Changed:  Color for "No" response in information displays changed from Maroon to OrangeRed to improve readability (contrast)
 - Fixed: Blizzy's Toolbar wrapper needs updating.  Git Issue #77
 - Fixed: Vessel data is not updated when creating/modifying/deleting a vessel in the Vessel Editor.  Git Issue #85
 - Fixed: Passable strings reversed. Git Issue #92. (thanks to @yalov!)
 - Fixed: Hatch status reporting error in tweakable. Git Issue #93.

KSP AVC version file properly updated.  SpaceDoc and Git Updated.

Enjoy!

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Papa_Joe said:

The two interesting parameters are: 
  - Passable When Surface Attached:  This means that when the part is attached to the surface of another part, you can pass through the part that you are attaching.
  - SurfaceAttachments Passable:  This means that you allow parts that you have attached to this part to allow a pass through to this part.

Think of it this way.  there are 2 bulkheads involved.  the part you are attaching, and the part that is accepting the attachment.  both must be set to passable to allow a complete tunnel, per se.

using simple symbols here is an example.  Perentheses are closed bulkheads, and = is a tunnel cut through the part(s)

when both parameters are false:  you have essentially:   )(   (bulkheads separating each part).

when one or the other is passable you have:  =(  or )=

when both are passable then you have a complete tunnel:  ==

Clear as mud, no?

Hi @Papa_Joe, I think one thing that may contribute to the confusion is the wiki may be out-of-date. Specifically, in the section regarding CLS use in the VAB it says:

"Surface Attached Parts Pass: This parameter tells you if a part attached radially to this part is passable. **Overrides the other parts passability setting.**" [emphasis added]

Some people, myself included, may be getting confused because of this. Your explanation above, however, makes sense.

38 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Hi @Papa_Joe, I think one thing that may contribute to the confusion is the wiki may be out-of-date. Specifically, in the section regarding CLS use in the VAB it says:

"Surface Attached Parts Pass: This parameter tells you if a part attached radially to this part is passable. **Overrides the other parts passability setting.**" [emphasis added]

Some people, myself included, may be getting confused because of this. Your explanation above, however, makes sense.

Ya, it also confused me back when I first took over support of the project. :P  I'll go back and revisit the WIki.  I've learned a lot since then and probably need to refresh some other things as well.  Thanks for pointing that out to me! 

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Delete the dll files it mentions

I had KSP running, but I was at the main menu. Could that be the problem?

I exited KSP and was able to successfully update Connected Living Space 

I shoulda known better :P

Edited by Voodoo8648

On 1/21/2018 at 12:48 AM, cakepie said:

Yikes, I just noticed this -- might have accidentally removed recoupler support with these releases.

I had not submitted any PR for  my refactor branch -- it was WIP and not ready for merge into master -- mainly due to temporarily removal of code needed to support recoupler.
Discussion was here when I'd last left off.

I should really see about finishing up that refactor. >_<

@Papa_Joe, I'll look into what changes I need to make for Recoupler to make them play nicely again. Although I am kind of hurt that there hasn't been an outcry about it ( *cough* @linuxgurugamer) :P :wink:

10 minutes ago, Booots said:

what changes I need to make for Recoupler to make them play nicely again

Hey @Booots. Sorry that this had slipped under my radar until recently; hopefully (379a29f) suffices to fix the problem for now.

It's a bit of an inefficient stopgap, though -- still uses a global list for requestedConnections, rather than taking advantage of the new CLSVesselModule to maintain individual (smaller) lists of additional (recoupler) connections on a per-(loaded)-vessel basis -- that'd be more efficient, but would probably also require modifying the contract between the two mods. Ping me and we can discuss further.

Hi! I seems to not be able to pass crew through docking ports.( For example if I connect Mk1-2 pod to Lander Can dirrectly, I can pass cre, but if I use two docking ports fasing each other - the other part highlighted blue, but when I press on it - nothing happens. Here is a screen of not working connection.

vUsb7NX.jpg

I checked hatches, both opend.

Has anyone created a config to allow the RealChute Stack Parachute to be used as a passable part? It makes so much sense at the top of a command module, right under the docking port, if only it was configured for CLS!

If nobody has made one, can I put in a request for it to be made compatible?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all.   KSP 1.4 dropped and I've checked that CLS works with it.  I've not seen any issues, so unless someone finds a problem I will say it is good.

Note that the App launcher Icons (Stock Toolbar)  are blurry.  I'm aware of this and I'm reworking the icon images to be compatible with the latest Unity Update in KSP 1.4.  Original images were 38 x 38 px, and they need to be (best guess here)  96 x 96 px.  I've done some testing and that is the image size the yields the best results.  SO, I will be releasing an update to address this, probably when KSP 1.4.1 is released.

On 2/19/2018 at 4:35 PM, Daedalus451 said:

Has anyone created a config to allow the RealChute Stack Parachute to be used as a passable part? It makes so much sense at the top of a command module, right under the docking port, if only it was configured for CLS!

If nobody has made one, can I put in a request for it to be made compatible?

Thank you!

Have you looked at the freedom config?  in the configs folder you will find a CLSStockFreedomAddon.txt.  look in there to see if passibility exists for that part.  That file adds some parts that were originally deemed impassible, but may now be applicable.

Edited by Papa_Joe

41 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Original images were 38 x 38 px, and they need to be (best guess here)  96 x 96 px

Thanks for this info, I'll make use of it in my own mods.

Actually, it seems I've been using 24x24, which is a nice fraction of 96x96 (1/4), so it might be ok.

15 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Thanks for this info, I'll make use of it in my own mods.

There is a warning generated in the KSP.log.  it mentions compression.  Based on discussions, it looks like there is a requirement that the image size be divisible by 4, but my testing also showed that it needed to be a larger image as well. 

I tested

- 36x36 (no go, black instead of image),
- 40x40 (still very blurry),
- 48x48 (slightly better),
- 96x96 (good quality).  It may be possible to go higher.   

I'm thinking that 128x128 may be best, when you consider /4 = 32.   I may try that as well, but I know that 96x96 works.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Well, fortunately, my source material is SVG, so it's just a matter of tweaking the output resolution on my inkscape command line :)

icon_button.png: icon_button.svg
    inkscape --export-width=24 --export-height=24 --export-background='#000000' --export-background-opacity=0 --export-png=$@ $^

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Well, fortunately, my source material is SVG, so it's just a matter of tweaking the output resolution on my inkscape command line :)

icon_button.png: icon_button.svg
    inkscape --export-width=24 --export-height=24 --export-background='#000000' --export-background-opacity=0 --export-png=$@ $^

Excellent.   I've been using svg in my android development.  I may switch over to that myself.

3 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Hey all.   KSP 1.4 dropped and I've checked that CLS works with it.  I've not seen any issues, so unless someone finds a problem I will say it is good.

Hey @Papa_Joe, just want to remind you about Issue #83 / PR#94 which have outstanding fixes for recoupler support (still broken!) and other flaws in the existing code.
It'd prolly be a good idea merge those and do a final bugfix release for 1.3.x -- tie up loose ends, before releasing any changes that would specifically require 1.4.x

4 minutes ago, cakepie said:

Hey @Papa_Joe, just want to remind you about Issue #83 / PR#94 which have outstanding fixes for recoupler support (still broken!) and other flaws in the existing code.
It'd prolly be a good idea merge those and do a final bugfix release for 1.3.x -- tie up loose ends, before releasing any changes that would specifically require 1.4.x

Let me check.   I thought I merged those in...   Nope you are right.   thanks for catching that.   I will be sure to merge with the image file updates.

• 2 weeks later...

New Release

release v1.2.5.8 release date:  17 Mar 2018
 - New: Recompiled for KSP 1.4.1
 - Fixed: CLS ApplicationLauncher Button is blurry in KSP 1.4.1 update.  Updated textures to 128x128 px. Git issue #95.
 - Added back in Recoupler support.  Previous PR#83 accidently removed it.  Merged PR#94.  Git issue #83.

Please note that I have not yet added support for the new parts in the Expansion.  I'm working on that now.  First I wanted something that was compatible.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Follow up on expansion parts.

I've made a first pass at the configs for the parts, but wanted to discuss a few things before I release.

WIth the kv (vostok) pods, based on the historical documents, these were not passable, with the one notable exception of the 2 man pod where the first spacewalk occurred.  Given that the technology existed for hatches then, I went ahead and allowed for the bottom node to be passable.  This is not "strictly" historical, but I feel allows for gameplay options with these pods.

With the Mk2 pod, (Gemini equivelent) I allowed for passability through the top node.  While this was not "historical" a DockingPort Jr, can be placed there, and it seemed to me that it is reasonable to assume that a kerbal could pass through, albiet tightly.

The new Mk1-3 pod is added to the base game so I've added a new config in the stock config file to support that.

Finally the shrouds and tubes, I made passable.  seemed to make sense with their likely intended "and unintended" use cases.  

Thoughts?

Edited by Papa_Joe

45 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thoughts?

While I haven't used the expansion parts yet (I actually have yet to start a serious 1.4.1 game), I think that what you propose is quite reasonable. Even if not completely accurate historically (in our universe), kerbalkind is likely to have these extra usages such as docking to a station in all sorts of manners that would cover the use cases you mentioned.

Thanks!

On 2/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, Battou said:

Hi! I seems to not be able to pass crew through docking ports.( For example if I connect Mk1-2 pod to Lander Can dirrectly, I can pass cre, but if I use two docking ports fasing each other - the other part highlighted blue, but when I press on it - nothing happens. Here is a screen of not working connection.

I checked hatches, both opend.

I have the same problem

On 3/21/2018 at 2:08 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Follow up on expansion parts.

<snip>

Thoughts?

Since you didn't mention anything about the inflatable airlock -- when deployed, it can dock with a Clamp-o-tron Jr, so don't forget to handle that case!

Also, Issue #96 for localization related issues.