[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

24 minutes ago, LemonSkin said:

Hey there, thanks for your work on the mod!

I'm getting a bit of weird behaviour with CLS (and maybe due to SM?) After I docked a second module to my space station, I was suddenly unable to transfer crew from my first module: http://imgur.com/a/6wd8X. The first module is the lander at the bottom in the image, the second is the orbiter with the orange ring on top.

I get the notice that "this module is either full or internally unreachable". I have tried undocking both modules and testing them individually, but the living space still won't connect up. I've triple checked that all my ports are open and tried almost every combination of settings.

Furthermore, if I initiate transfers via SM, I'll occasionally be able to transfer from the lander module to the capsule on the left connected via struts, but it'll tell me I have to EVA to transfer in the reverse direction until I click around on other modules, and then the EVA button sometimes decides to swap back to Xfer (I can't seem to replicate it reliably).

If this info is useful, my SM settings are:

• Realism Mode On
  • Crew XFers On
  • Stock Crew Xfers On
  • Crew Fill and Empty Ops in Pre-Flight Off
  • Override Stock Crew Xfers On
  • Enable CLS On -> I'll probably just disable this temporarily so I don't have to EVA every time I want to transfer.

Any help is appreciated, or maybe I'm just using the mods wrong? Cheers!

without seeing the connectivity of the radially attached parts, I cannot be certain, but I suspect that the radial parts are not connected.  you have to set these spefically in the VAB...

Just now, Papa_Joe said:

without seeing the connectivity of the radially attached parts, I cannot be certain, but I suspect that the radial parts are not connected.  you have to set these spefically in the VAB...

I thought that, but the radially attached port linking the lander module to the rest of the station was working last night. All of them (bar the one on the left, which was launched with the station itself) stopped working as soon as I linked the orbiter module.

55 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

hatches open?  In SM under the control button you can check all hatches

Yes, all hatches are open. If I enable CL in the SM options, the overlay from SM shows all the living spaces connected. However, if I pull up the overlay from CL, well, the image is the one I linked before.

EDIT: As for setting ports in VAB, how is this done? I just opened up my station core in the VAB to double check this, the Clamp-O-Trons are all listed there in the CLS window.

EDIT2: Never mind. The docking ports are all attached to nodes, so they are open by default.

EDIT3: http://imgur.com/a/Iaxef This is the overlay provided by SM with CLS enabled in options. If I actually try to transfer crew this way, I'm told that CLS is preventing crew transfer, even though I have Allow Crew Unrestricted Transfers enabled in CLS options.

EDIT4: Here's something even weirder. I undocked the module on the end and redocked it, now it refuses to connect its living space.

Edited by LemonSkin

Ok, I'm at a state that I think is good.  However, since Module Manager (MM) is not yet ready, there is little point in releasing a PR version.  When MM is addressed, I will release an update to CLS, after I've had a chance to test with the latest MM.

Hey, a quick question about this mod (which is making my Mun lander design so much more difficult...):

Is there a way to add in CLS support for the Procedural Fairings mod, specifically the Thrust Plate Adaptor part? I've tried adding in the CLS module code both to the part and to the separate config files in CLS (not at the same time though), but this doesn't seem to have any effect when I reboot the game?

It's probably something simple that I've missed, but I'm also wondering if it's something to do with the fact the part is procedural?

Many thanks!

Edit: for clarification, this is in 1.1.3, using mod version 1.2.3.
Edit 2: I fixed it - turns out I was editing the wrong files (I copied the KSP folder so that all the mods work when 1.2 comes out). D'oh!

Edited by MAV3RICK

Is it just me or all docked connections are impassable. Two docking ports attached in VAB are passable until i decouple, and dock them together. Opening/closing hatches has effect on build together docking ports but docked are impassable. I have 80+ mods so chances are one of them is conflicting.

6 hours ago, ZAJC3W said:

Is it just me or all docked connections are impassable. Two docking ports attached in VAB are passable until i decouple, and dock them together. Opening/closing hatches has effect on build together docking ports but docked are impassable. I have 80+ mods so chances are one of them is conflicting.

...I swear this was working before I double-checked to see if I could reproduce the bug.

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

...I swear this was working before I double-checked to see if I could reproduce the bug.

Not sure that this means, but In my testing I've not tested docking and undocking lately.  It is conceivable that there could be an issue, so as part of the 1.2 testing I will test this condition specifically

10 hours ago, ZAJC3W said:

Got the same issue.

10 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Not sure that this means, but In my testing I've not tested docking and undocking lately.  It is conceivable that there could be an issue, so as part of the 1.2 testing I will test this condition specifically

It means this that it appears to be a schroedinbug: Everything worked, nothing changed, then I checked, and things stopped working. So the bug appears to only manifest once it's been noticed.  (Of course, now it's been noticed - so it should manifest everywhere.) :wink:

(In other words: 'I see it too - but it's behaving really oddly.')

Ok.  One of the things that changed in 1.1.3 or thereabouts was related to rebuilding lists when docking occurred.  Let me look there.

Of course, until I have a working Module Manager for 1.2, there will be nothing I can do.  I won't be issuing any changes for 1.1.3.  After you have run 1.2 you will NOT want to go back. :)

Edited by Papa_Joe

11 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

until I have a working Module Manager for 1.2, there will be nothing I can do.  I won't be issuing any changes for 1.1.3.  After you have run 1.2 you will NOT want to go back. :)

If you want, you can just recompile MM by removing the KSPUtil reference

46 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

If you want, you can just recompile MM by removing the KSPUtil reference

Thanks, i could easily do that, but I've heard from reliable sources that this is not sufficient.  Also, @sarbian has indicated that he is NOT releasing for a reason.  I will wait for the "Official" version.  

:)

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ok.  One of the things that changed in 1.1.3 or thereabouts was related to rebuilding lists when docking occurred.  Let me look there.

Of course, until I have a working Module Manager for 1.2, there will be nothing I can do.  I won't be issuing any changes for 1.1.3.  After you have run 1.2 you will NOT want to go back. :)

I have workaround, just click "enble unrestricted transfers" when needed. No rush, updating for 1.1.3 seems pointless since 1.2 is almost here, good things are worth the wait :wink:
And BIG BIG thank you for great job on this awesome mod.

18 hours ago, ZAJC3W said:

I have workaround, just click "enble unrestricted transfers" when needed. No rush, updating for 1.1.3 seems pointless since 1.2 is almost here, good things are worth the wait :wink:
And BIG BIG thank you for great job on this awesome mod.

"Enable Unrestricted Transfers" doesn't work for me. I am using CxAerospace APAS/CBMs though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Thachyo said:

is there a way to make specific parts passable, preferably in-game?

If the part has a CLS config, you can mark it as passable (even if marked impassible) in the VAB.  Otherwise, you'll need to make an MM patch for the part that marks it as CLS passable.  The wiki mentioned in the first post will tell you more.

As CLS seems to be wildly referenced and used by other mods i was wondering about the state of affairs regarding a 1.2 release? Also, what are the additional benefits over the "XFER" button on the crew pictures?

No idea what the status is (I think 2 or 3 pages back he said he's working on it).

As for "additional benefits" you seem to misunderstand the purpose of the mod. CLS designates parts which parts your Kerbals are able to pass through. So if you want to transfer a Kerbal from one pod to another, those two pods have to be connected by something passable. For example, if you have two pods separated by a fuel tank, CLS will not allow you to transfer Kerbals from one pod to the other. CLS requires you to build ships/stations/bases such that they have living spaces that are connected in a "realistic" way.

PapaJ's been really on top of getting things updated quick in the past, but he's got a few more projects on his plate these days and real life can always limit his time to work on KSP stuff. So we all patiently await what we know is coming soon(TM)

Oh, snap - I just noticed BDArmory is now updated to v1.2. That was prob the biggest thing PapaJ took charge of recently. So I'd say it's a safe bet to expect movement on his other mods now that that's out of the way

Edited by Drew Kerman