[1.12.x] Connected Living Space v2.0.2.0 (12 Feb 2022)

Papa_Joe

It would be just my luck if the first station I build also has a bug and I think I fix it by curcumventing the bug..  :D

Sorry, if I cause confusion, still a (old) newbie to KSP.

Played since Jul, 2013 and this is the 1st station I built.  Still learning so please feel free to slap and correct.  :cool:

5 hours ago, FizzerUK said:

It would be just my luck if the first station I build also has a bug and I think I fix it by curcumventing the bug..  :D

Sorry, if I cause confusion, still a (old) newbie to KSP.

Played since Jul, 2013 and this is the 1st station I built.  Still learning so please feel free to slap and correct.  :cool:

No worries.  Take a look at the wiki for cls in my sig.  It may help you with understanding how it is used.  

If you haven't yet, check out Ship Manifest.  It takes advantage of cls, and may make your game play more enjoyable.  I know, shameless plug. :) But use it or not, your choice. :)

Edited by Papa_Joe
Grammer

13 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

New release:

release v 1.2.2.1
* Fixed:  Stock Crew Transfer fails for "not in same space" even when the 2 parts are in the same space.

Enjoy.

I had that message when configuring the cfg for my parts, and i give up after i try putting all enable in all parts.

I was trying to transfer a kerbal from a stock mk2 standard cockpit to my seat on the crew part. :P

gonna try soon...

You are the guy!

May the force be with you!

If you are trying to perform stock transfers from a cockpit to an external seat... stock transfers will fail miserably....  of course I've not tested it... you can try by setting Override Stock transfers to off in the CLS options.

I dont think Stock is not set up for that... That will likely be an SM Specialty :)

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm getting the "not in the same space" bug with some mod parts I'm cfg-ing. As far as I can tell, this CC config should make them all the same space, correct? It's based on the config that came with CLS.

Spoiler

@PART[chunk1875|1875CargoBay|1875ServiceBay|1875airstairs]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[FantomWorks&SXT&ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

Am I missing something?

59 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I'm getting the "not in the same space" bug with some mod parts I'm cfg-ing. As far as I can tell, this CC config should make them all the same space, correct? It's based on the config that came with CLS.

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[chunk1875|1875CargoBay|1875ServiceBay|1875airstairs]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[FantomWorks&SXT&ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

Am I missing something?

Are you using the latest version of CLS?

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Hide contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }
}

Am I missing something?

I recall there being an issue with cargo bays.   You have to be very careful which nodes you attach parts to or they do not actually connect.  there is an inner wall node and an outer wall node.   I had difficulties getting Cargo bays to work correctly when I was testing them.  It is possible, but you have to do the assembly in a certain order... I forgot which... If you can provide pics, I may be able to investigate.  also take a look at the parts in the editor when you are assembling them.  CLS provides support for spaces in the VAB and SPH.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I think the CLS config for the Stock Docking port Jr needs to be changed to passable.  I know originally it did not allow crew transfers but looks like squad updated the description:

"Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through."

20 minutes ago, Lambuck said:

I think the CLS config for the Stock Docking port Jr needs to be changed to passable.  I know originally it did not allow crew transfers but looks like squad updated the description:

"Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through."

Agreed.  I will update the config.

• 4 weeks later...

Running Version 1.1.3.1

Some small issues/questions that have arisen for me about CLS.

1. What do the three arguments I see in some (but not all) parts' right-click menus "mean?"

A. CLS Passable

B. CLS Surface Attachable

C. CLS Attachable Surface

2. If a part's right-click pane has these arguments in it and I set them all to "Yes," then CLS should consider the part to be "passable" by Kerbals? That is the simple interpretation, but it doesn't actually seem to work that way.

The next question I need to read the links you posted above to see if studying up a bit will answer it (and it is a more elaborate/specific version of the fundamental questions above), but for the record I'll post it  . . .

3.I built a quite complex space station (can upload the craft file if desired) which included docking ports attached to girders. These girders were attached to one of the "Mobile Processing Lab" (MPL) modules which supports two crew. In VAB, right-click revealed options to assign Yes/No values for the arguments "CLS passable," and the other two. Mostly just experimenting, but I set all the intervening parts between these dock ports and the MPL to have "Yes" values for all.

The scientist I marooned up there ran out of "hab" allotment (USI Life Support mod) and when I got an evac ship (two crew pod with only a pilot in it) I was unable to transfer him via the girders or docking ports that connected them. In fact, he was not even able to transfer to the "Botticelli Crew Module" that was attached directly to MPL. I wound up having to edit the save file to get him to be able to EVA.

No doubt part of this is simply me not understanding how CLS works and in particular how it works with other mods/parts, but I'm wondering if some of what I'm experiencing might reflect CLS not WAD?

2 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

Running Version 1.1.3.1

Some small issues/questions that have arisen for me about CLS.

1. What do the three arguments I see in some (but not all) parts' right-click menus "mean?"

A. CLS Passable

B. CLS Surface Attachable

C. CLS Attachable Surface

1. Means that the part is passable using the standard attachment nodes.
  2. Means that the part is passable when surface attached to another part.
  3. Means that the part is passable to parts that are surface attached to it.

2. If a part's right-click pane has these arguments in it and I set them all to "Yes," then CLS should consider the part to be "passable" by Kerbals? That is the simple interpretation, but it doesn't actually seem to work that way.

In general yes.  Not that these are fairly course tweaks - it's possible in the part config files to get much finer grained.  Authors can mark specific attachment nodes as passable or not passable, despite the part in general being the opposite.  These will be noted in the extended part description in the VAB/SPH.

The next question I need to read the links you posted above to see if studying up a bit will answer it (and it is a more elaborate/specific version of the fundamental questions above), but for the record I'll post it  . . .

3.I built a quite complex space station (can upload the craft file if desired) which included docking ports attached to girders. These girders were attached to one of the "Mobile Processing Lab" (MPL) modules which supports two crew. In VAB, right-click revealed options to assign Yes/No values for the arguments "CLS passable," and the other two. Mostly just experimenting, but I set all the intervening parts between these dock ports and the MPL to have "Yes" values for all.

The scientist I marooned up there ran out of "hab" allotment (USI Life Support mod) and when I got an evac ship (two crew pod with only a pilot in it) I was unable to transfer him via the girders or docking ports that connected them. In fact, he was not even able to transfer to the "Botticelli Crew Module" that was attached directly to MPL. I wound up having to edit the save file to get him to be able to EVA.

No doubt part of this is simply me not understanding how CLS works and in particular how it works with other mods/parts, but I'm wondering if some of what I'm experiencing might reflect CLS not WAD?

This is harder to diagnose from a distance.  A screenshot of the ship would help - even better would be to activate the CLS overlay and then do a screenshot.  (The overlay will show which parts are crewable, which parts are passable, and which parts are neither.)

The one other note I do have for that situation is that there was at least one docking port involved - Docking ports (even passable ones) are impassable until they are opened.  Basically, the Kerbals lock them shut until after you dock, when you have to go tell them to unlock them.  (On both sides.)

Thanks DStaal!

I suspect the problem with space station had to do with the issue you describe with docking ports. I probably did not open them. Thanks to your comments I think I get it now. But just to clarify:

It _IS_ possible to set girders as "CLS Passable = Yes; CLS Surface Attachable = Yes; CLS Attachable Surface = Yes" and then have those girders attached to modules with living space, and with docking ports attached to the girders and (as long as all the settings are proper) have Kerbals traverse from the living module, through the girder, through the docking port, through the docking port of a docked vessel and into the docked vessel?

To clarify here is a (complicated) screen cap, that I'll try to explain

Fn7Q6.jpg

At the top of this we have a

I. Universal Storage hexacore (Y, N, N)

II. Botticelli crew module (Y, Y, Y) with two girders attached to its surface (both Y, Y, Y), one with DMagic's flexo port Jr. (Y, Y, Y) , the other with the standard clampotron (Y, Y, Y).

III. Mobile processing lab (Y, Y, Y)

IV. Uni storage octocore (Y, N, N)

V. UKS Orbital Workshop (Y, N, N) with one girder attached (Y, Y, Y), and the larger Clampotron (Y, Y, Y).

I left the Universal storage cores with the two latter settings set to N because, why would I attach something like a connector to a hexagaonal module?

So specific questions:

1. Because the Hexcaore, Botticelli, Lab, Octocore and workshop all have "Passable" set to use, Kerbals can pass through all of them (so for example if a docking port were added on both ends of the thing, on the nodes for the hexacores and octocores) and the octocore between the lab and workshop will not impede movement between the two modules?

2. If another Botticelli were added to top of the hexacore, and it had "Passable" set to Y, then a kerbal could pass from that Botticelli, through the hexacore, and into the next Botticelli, into the lab, through the octocore, and into the workshop?

3. Because the Botticelli and its surface child girders and docks are all set to (Y, Y, Y), anything that docks at either of those two docking ports (if its connections are also set to Y, Y, Y) will be able to pass kerbals into the ship?

4. In contrast, because the workshop has it's setting as (Y, N, N), the girder + clampotron attached to it are disqualified because the girder is attached to the surface of the workshop, not a standard node?

5. If I were to launch it with the workshop set like that, then the only option to make that full-size clampotron + girder passable would be to edit the vessels appropriate fields in the .sfs file?

WIN7 64B KSP 113 64B CLS 1221

I just recently decided CLS needs to be part of my default mods setup and installed into all my various KSP games. It makes sense. For the most part, everything seemed fine. Save for the fact I didn't build my stations with CLS in mind. But recently (on occasion) I'd see the CLS GUI do something odd esp. in the VAB. Its where the part name gets displayed up where the green title message is in the CLS GUI window. Of course closing said window and re-displaying it fixed the problem. I eventually took a look at my log files and found this:

[KSP.log]

[EXC 18:21:04.117] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ConnectedLivingSpace.ICLSSpace].get_Item (Int32 index)
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.DisplayCLSWindow ()
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon:DisplayCLSWindow()
    ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon:OnWindow(Int32)
    UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

[output_log.txt]

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ConnectedLivingSpace.ICLSSpace].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon.DisplayCLSWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon:DisplayCLSWindow()
ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSAddon:OnWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.LayoutedWindow:DoWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Thing is, I can't reproduce this consistently except to say that if I muck around long enough with the CLS GUI, I'll notice it. Anyone have any suggestions?

21 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

Thanks DStaal!

I suspect the problem with space station had to do with the issue you describe with docking ports. I probably did not open them. Thanks to your comments I think I get it now. But just to clarify:

It _IS_ possible to set girders as "CLS Passable = Yes; CLS Surface Attachable = Yes; CLS Attachable Surface = Yes" and then have those girders attached to modules with living space, and with docking ports attached to the girders and (as long as all the settings are proper) have Kerbals traverse from the living module, through the girder, through the docking port, through the docking port of a docked vessel and into the docked vessel?

Yep.  Personally I try to only set as passable parts that look like they should be passable - they have a crew tube or something, or at least could be hiding one.  (Near Future Technologies makes some very nice crew-passable girders.)  But if everything is set right, no problem.

21 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

1. Because the Hexcaore, Botticelli, Lab, Octocore and workshop all have "Passable" set to use, Kerbals can pass through all of them (so for example if a docking port were added on both ends of the thing, on the nodes for the hexacores and octocores) and the octocore between the lab and workshop will not impede movement between the two modules?

2. If another Botticelli were added to top of the hexacore, and it had "Passable" set to Y, then a kerbal could pass from that Botticelli, through the hexacore, and into the next Botticelli, into the lab, through the octocore, and into the workshop?

3. Because the Botticelli and its surface child girders and docks are all set to (Y, Y, Y), anything that docks at either of those two docking ports (if its connections are also set to Y, Y, Y) will be able to pass kerbals into the ship?

4. In contrast, because the workshop has it's setting as (Y, N, N), the girder + clampotron attached to it are disqualified because the girder is attached to the surface of the workshop, not a standard node?

5. If I were to launch it with the workshop set like that, then the only option to make that full-size clampotron + girder passable would be to edit the vessels appropriate fields in the .sfs file?

Yes, to all.  BTW, if you notice on the side in the Connected Living Spaces window, it lists every part that's included in the connected space.  (And if your ship has several connected spaces not connected to each other, it can list each one.

New Version released:

release v 1.2.3.0
* New:  Added support for intercepting Parts selection list during stock Transfer target part selection.  A part not in the same space will be unselectable and is highlighted orange like full parts.
* New:  Added support for overriding the "Allow unrestricted Crew Transfers"in CLSInterfaces.dll setting via other Mods to prevent "competition" between mods when handling stock crew transfers.
* New:  Updated config for Docking Port Jr.  Squad now says that a kerbal can squeeze thru.
* New:  Refactored code to improve performance, recuce garbage collection, & use Explicit typing.
* Fixed: CLS windows now properly close when changing scenes.
* Fixed: In the Editor, part highlighting does not work correctly when adding new crewable parts.

Enjoy.  

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

New Version released:

release v 1.2.3.0
* New:  Added support for intercepting Parts selection list during stock Transfer target part selection.  A part not in the same space will be unselectable and is highlighted orange like full parts.
* New:  Added support for overriding the "Allow unrestricted Crew Transfers"in CLSInterfaces.dll setting via other Mods to prevent "competition" between mods when handling stock crew transfers.
* New:  Updated config for Docking Port Jr.  Squad now says that a kerbal can squeeze thru.
* New:  Refactored code to improve performance, recuce garbage collection, & use Explicit typing.
* Fixed: CLS windows now properly close when changing scenes.
* Fixed: In the Editor, part highlighting does not work correctly when adding new crewable parts.

Enjoy.  

Good stuff, I am really impressed with these improvements.

Just a shame I never get time to play the game anymore :(

7 hours ago, codepoet said:

Good stuff, I am really impressed with these improvements.

Just a shame I never get time to play the game anymore :(

Good to hear from you!  I hope you and your family are doing well!  I'm sorry you don't get to play, but I know that your life is full. :) 

@Papa_Joe any reason to fear that that update might break a save? I'd think not, but figured better to ask first before updating and ruining my save. Of course, I realize there is never any guarantee on such things, particularly with dozens of mods installed . . .

Had some issues with the USI Survivability (formerly DERP) parts that RoverDude made. Specifically, the Derp Escape pod and service ring (basically looks like a little lander ring with a couple RCS thrusters and a beach ball with a Kerbal inside . . . inflatable, comes with some "supplies" and apparently made of inflammable materials [asbestos-permeated polyester?]).

CLS wouldn't recognize these, so I couldn't transfer Kerbals from the space ship to these, and just reloaded and changed to "allow unlimited transfers" in the editor. Not something I'd necessarily expect you to address, as it would probably behoove RoverDude to make his parts CLS compatible not the other way round . . . but I thought I'd mention it. The "allow unlimited transfers" option is a fine solution for me.

@Papa_Joe any reason to fear that that update might break a save? I'd think not, but figured better to ask first before updating and ruining my save. Of course, I realize there is never any guarantee on such things, particularly with dozens of mods installed . . .

Had some issues with the USI Survivability (formerly DERP) parts that RoverDude made. Specifically, the Derp Escape pod and service ring (basically looks like a little lander ring with a couple RCS thrusters and a beach ball with a Kerbal inside . . . inflatable, comes with some "supplies" and apparently made of inflammable materials [asbestos-permeated polyester?]).

CLS wouldn't recognize these, so I couldn't transfer Kerbals from the space ship to these, and just reloaded and changed to "allow unlimited transfers" in the editor. Not something I'd necessarily expect you to address, as it would probably behoove RoverDude to make his parts CLS compatible not the other way round . . . but I thought I'd mention it. The "allow unlimited transfers" option is a fine solution for me.

It Should Not Break Your save.  But, as you yourself said, you should keep a backup of your game save as a general rule, especially when upgrading the game, a mod or mods.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Grammer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, thanks for your work on the mod!

I'm getting a bit of weird behaviour with CLS (and maybe due to SM?) After I docked a second module to my space station, I was suddenly unable to transfer crew from my first module: http://imgur.com/a/6wd8X. The first module is the lander at the bottom in the image, the second is the orbiter with the orange ring on top.

I get the notice that "this module is either full or internally unreachable". I have tried undocking both modules and testing them individually, but the living space still won't connect up. I've triple checked that all my ports are open and tried almost every combination of settings.

Furthermore, if I initiate transfers via SM, I'll occasionally be able to transfer from the lander module to the capsule on the left connected via struts, but it'll tell me I have to EVA to transfer in the reverse direction until I click around on other modules, and then the EVA button sometimes decides to swap back to Xfer (I can't seem to replicate it reliably).

If this info is useful, my SM settings are:

• Realism Mode On
  • Crew XFers On
  • Stock Crew Xfers On
  • Crew Fill and Empty Ops in Pre-Flight Off
  • Override Stock Crew Xfers On
  • Enable CLS On -> I'll probably just disable this temporarily so I don't have to EVA every time I want to transfer.

Any help is appreciated, or maybe I'm just using the mods wrong? Cheers!