Decoupler animation plays in VAB, and there's more...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35307488/Bug%20Archive%20for%20Decoupler%20Animation%20playing%20in%20VAB.zip

The dropbox link above contains the mod list/versions, the KSP.txt, and the most recent Output Log file.

Here's the problem. When in VAB I loaded up a commsat I was working on. When I attached a decoupler, the animation was playing, that puff of gas, over and over. I figured I can live with this but... there's always a but isn't there? The 'but' in this case was non-stageable parts showing up as icons (blank ones) in the staging area. Sometimes I would delete the offending parts and be left with empty staging. The probodyne core is my root part, but I have a 1 kerbal pod I use for control. I have NEVER had an issue with this being a problem (having placed at least five sats this way.

The last thing I installed were some updates to stock bug fixes mods. The rest of my mods are up to date. I did attempt to run Distant Objects, but it bugged on me so I uninstalled it.

I have see a few other posts having the same issue but failing to provide the output log, or mod list. (it took me far to long to type that list... time to trim the fat...)

Thanks in advance.

I found a rocket that displayed all it's parts. the decouplers were fuming as 'usual' and their icons were blank. I launched the rocket. Part way up something, not sure what, happened and my camera slid down a bit. I adjusted. My SRBs finally cut out, and I staged. No stage sound, the rockets just sort of 'came loose' and slid down the main rocket. That's when my camera totally lost control. Some have attributed this particular behavior (the camera sliding) to Hot Rockets but I've had that installed for some time with no issues.

Pics off Imagur:

http://imgur.com/2NB334Y,NDyoQDB

http://imgur.com/2NB334Y,NDyoQDB#1

Edited by yithpistol
More information

I figured out the problem. WAAAAAAYYYYY back in 2012 someone else had this issue. It was caused by Tweakscale. I removed tweakscale (sadly) and things are baack to normal (except I can't make big batteries for my commsats). BOO! Anyway, So far as I know the issue is solved, but Pellinor might wanna take a look. TweakEverything still works just fine.

Edited by yithpistol
Accidentally name Toadicus as dev of Tweakscale.

• 1 month later...

Turns out that TweakScale was not the problem for me, even though I have the exact same problem as you. :(

- - - Updated - - -

The camera issue was linked to TweakEverything. The mod was fixed, as was the camera center of mass bug.

Also, that bug is still around. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.