[1.2] Water Sounds v2.3 (2016-10-24) - Now with underwater sounds

pizzaoverhead

mBcI2mH.png

Adds the sound of water gently lapping at the sides of your craft when splashed down, as well as underwater sound effects.

Downloads

CurseForge | SpaceDock | GitHub  | Kerbal Stuff | MediaFire

Download packages, art and sound assets, binaries and libraries licensed All Rights Reserved.

Source included, also available on github, licenced under GPL v2.

If you've enjoyed this, consider donating a cup of coffee to help with late night coding:

btn_donate_LG.gif

Change log

v2.3 (2016-10-24)

• Rebuilt for KSP 1.2.

v2.2 (2016-07-29)

• Fixed deployment issue.

v2.1 (2016-06-30)

• Fixed dive and surface sounds playing on loading a vessel.
  • Fixed underwater ambience continuing to play when the game is paused.

v2.0 (2016-06-25)

• Fixed 1.1 compatibility issue.
  • Added underwater sound effects.
  • Added sounds for entering and exiting water.
  • Added KSP-AVC support .

v1.2 (2015-11-17)

• Fixed 1.0.5 compatibility issue.

v1.1 (2015-05-19)

• Improved sound effect looping.

v1.0 (2015-05-19)

• Initial release.
Edited by pizzaoverhead
2.3 release.

This mod doesn't respect the Esc key Pause function. With a stock install, if I press the Esc key:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException
WaterSounds.WaterSounds.Pause ()
EventVoid.Fire ()
FlightDriver.SetPause (Boolean pauseState)
PauseMenu.Display ()
PauseMenu.Update ()

Appears in the debug log and time and physics carry on as normal.

This mod doesn't respect the Esc key Pause function. With a stock install, if I press the Esc key:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException
WaterSounds.WaterSounds.Pause ()
EventVoid.Fire ()
FlightDriver.SetPause (Boolean pauseState)
PauseMenu.Display ()
PauseMenu.Update ()

Appears in the debug log and time and physics carry on as normal.

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not seeing this issue. What situation did it occur in?

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not seeing this issue. What situation did it occur in?

Mk1-2 pod + chute, Rockomax decoupler, Rockomax fuel tank, Skipper. Launched from VAB, sent to nearby water. Esc doesn't function as it did in stock. Give me a minute to figure out why FRAPS isn't recording and I'll grab a video.

EDIT: Reproduced. It occurs if you revert to launch (possibly to editor too). Video uploading now (estimated time till upload complete 20 minutes). Literally entirely stock - only Gamedata contents are Squad and WaterSounds. Here is the output log.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Mk1-2 pod + chute, Rockomax decoupler, Rockomax fuel tank, Skipper. Launched from VAB, sent to nearby water. Esc doesn't function as it did in stock. Give me a minute to figure out why FRAPS isn't recording and I'll grab a video.

EDIT: Reproduced. It occurs if you revert to launch (possibly to editor too). Video uploading now (estimated time till upload complete 20 minutes). Literally entirely stock - only Gamedata contents are Squad and WaterSounds. Here is the output log.

One of the pre-release builds had that issue, but was fixed before release. It could be a case of a misplaced file in one of the release downloads. I've made a new release with an improvement to how sounds are looped. Try it and see if you still get the issue.

That would be a great sample for the shoreline! You can really hear the waves breaking on the sandy beach.

That's something I had planned for this mod, but I haven't found a way of detecting where the nearest shoreline is yet.

One heuristic would be to check if the altitude of the terrain below the spacecraft is, let's say between -10m and 0m. Problems with that include:

1) That would be true for lakes and rivers where you don't necessarily want the sound to play.

2) Ideally you would also want the sound to play while near the coastline but on land.

What you really want is the distance between the active vessel and the nearest Water Biome/Shore Biome border. One option to get that would be to:

1) Get the current biome of the active vessel

2) Sample X number of points in a fixed radius around the vessel

3) If the biome of the vessel is Water and the biome of one of those points is !Water or vice versa, you're on the shore.

Again, that has problem #1, but not #2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.