[1.2] Water Sounds v2.3 (2016-10-24) - Now with underwater sounds

pizzaoverhead

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

I actually just assumed it wouldn't work... just tested it and I'm pretty sure it's working fine. Sorry for bothering you.

When in doubt, try it out :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 10/14/2016 at 6:22 PM, twentyfourseven said:

*wink* Shouldn't that be "When in doubt, try it oubt"?

I'm going to playtest it a bit.  If a few folks on here can confirm it's all good under KSP 1.2, maybe we can ask the friendly CKAN folks to update their metadata to reflect that.

Looks like the log is getting spammed with a "KSPUtils not found" exception as soon as I launch a vessel. Was in a used but Squad and WaterSounds only game and launched a single piece vessel (the one man capsule) . Alt F12 to get the log and saw these flying by at a good rate. Easy to replicate but if you would like logs I can make a clean install and post logs.

Thanks - I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this.

Edit: forgot - running KSP version 1.2, WaterSounds v2.2

Edited by wasml
add info

16 hours ago, wasml said:

Looks like the log is getting spammed with a "KSPUtils not found" exception as soon as I launch a vessel.

Thanks for the log snippet. That was enough to find and fix the issue. Version 2.3 is available now. It should solve the log spam issue. The issue with the splash sound playing at random times will take more time to fix, so a fix for it will come in a future release.

KSP 1.2, version 2.3, windows10

I'm getting occasional inappropriate water-lapping sounds in odd situations - for instance changing from map to flight scene in orbit of the Mun.  What helps? Logs?

Edited by fourfa

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

I'm getting occasional inappropriate water-lapping sounds in odd situations - for instance changing from map to flight scene in orbit of the Mun.  What helps? Logs?

Is it continuous, or just an immediate playback of the sound when you switch views?  That's the random splash sound issue just mentioned above your post.

Edited by Beetlecat

3 minutes ago, fourfa said:

I'm getting occasional inappropriate water-lapping sounds in odd situations - for instance changing from flight to map scene in orbit of the Mun.  What helps? Logs?

Logs are the best way to help, but in this case I already know what the issue is. I just need time to track it down. In the meantime, that incorrect sound is pretty annoying. You can disable it by moving, renaming or deleting Submerge.wav and Emerge.wav from the GameData\WaterSounds\Sounds folder.

• 5 months later...
On 25.10.2016 at 2:07 AM, fourfa said:

Same here - a single water sound occasionally plays when switching to a craft or KSC. It isn't really annoying that much, just odd. I'll attach logs if needed.

Plugin ver. 2.3 (through CKAN), KSP 1.2.2 x64, build id = 01622 (through Steam), Windows 8.1 64bit.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.