[answered] debug biome overlay

Sorry if I wasn't clear; I meant accessing the function through code in a plugin, similar to toggling the aerodynamic force arrows and heat overlay through the FlightGlobals class (iirc). I've rummaged through several static and non-static classes relating to flight mode, map mode and celestial bodies but I can't find anything that controls the biome overlay.

I don't think there is a simple control for it. The debug panel toggle looks like it's doing something complicated.

The biome map itself is fairly straightforward, CelestialBody.BiomeMap gives you the map object. The map's base class, MapSO, has several methods for converting the biome map into a texture.

The resource overlay texture on the other hand is simple. CelestialBody.SetResourceMap(Texture2D t) will cover the planet with whatever texture you give it, a null texture removes any overlay. So you could theoretically just create the biome texture yourself then assign it as an overlay using the resource method.

Thank you! I automatically assumed the resource map functions were all specialized for resources, I didn't realize you could just throw it a texture. That is... extremely handy.

Edited by Wheffle

I'm thinking about incorporating something like that into one of my current mods, an unlockable option to show the biome map after a body has been scanned by the orbital surveyor. I'm poking around to see if I can shove it into the knowledge base menu somehow instead of putting it in an app toolbar button.

Edit

Got a biome overlay button working, accessed through both the orbital surveyor's context menu and a toolbar button. Check out my Orbital Survey Plus mod.

Edited by Wheffle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.