[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

2 hours ago, cy4n said:

For some reason, if I install TextureReplacer, it doesn't add reflections on existing worlds, only new ones. I don't mind though.

Curious... It works globally for me. Are you not running Windows? I'm curious if it's to do with your system or if it's something wrong in the plugin.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Is the Ven's patch still current? It doesn't seem to be doing anything on my install. The Porkjet parts, untouched by Ven, work, however, so the mod is at least working.

Additionally, even on those parts, I can't see lights when I turn them on, is that something you haven't implemented yet?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

6 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is the Ven's patch still current? It doesn't seem to be doing anything on my install. The Porkjet parts, untouched by Ven, work, however, so the mod is at least working.

Additionally, even on those parts, I can't see lights when I turn them on, is that something you haven't implemented yet?

I don't know if ven's patch is still current sadly - it's definitely possible that it's outdated. It only ever worked on the non-revamped parts though if that helps. Also sadly window lights have not yet been implemented. I messaged Shaw about getting the plugin updated but he's been absent since August I'm afraid. :(

12 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I don't know if ven's patch is still current sadly - it's definitely possible that it's outdated. It only ever worked on the non-revamped parts though if that helps. Also sadly window lights have not yet been implemented. I messaged Shaw about getting the plugin updated but he's been absent since August I'm afraid. :(

Oh no! I can't play the game with the stock parts, so this is disappointing news for me.

2 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Oh no! I can't play the game with the stock parts, so this is disappointing news for me.

I play w/ only stock parts :P - I guess you could say I put work where my interests lie. A number of compatibility packs where made by users who wanted extra mods to have reflections too - I attempted to get Ven's Revamp working but he did some unusual work in changing part models and I wasn't able to in the end sadly.

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I play w/ only stock parts :P - I guess you could say I put work where my interests lie. A number of compatibility packs where made by users who wanted extra mods to have reflections too - I attempted to get Ven's Revamp working but he did some unusual work in changing part models and I wasn't able to in the end sadly.

I might get there once the rocket parts are revamped, but most of the game looks too ugly for me. Looking at the Texture Replacer files you have installed are the windows for the part textures, and Ven's includes its own textures for the parts. Did you try doing whatever you did with the stock window textures using Ven's?

Hopefully you'll hear back from your coder, but, I'm sure it's a simple fix--just have it disable the reflection when the light module is on--but I don't know anything about KSP coding.

8 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I might get there once the rocket parts are revamped, but most of the game looks too ugly for me. Looking at the Texture Replacer files you have installed are the windows for the part textures, and Ven's includes its own textures for the parts. Did you try doing whatever you did with the stock window textures using Ven's?

Hopefully you'll hear back from your coder, but, I'm sure it's a simple fix--just have it disable the reflection when the light module is on--but I don't know anything about KSP coding.

Someone actually decided to make new shaders for WindowShine out of the blue when I mentioned they where broken. They should fix all of the current highlighting issues, but I haven't the experience to add them myself, and I don't know of any modder who'd be up for it currently.

hKDhFn9.gif

Once again I'm not the one who made the new shaders! A little birdy did it for me and I don't know if he wants to be named. Either way though, they aren't in the game currently because we wanted Shaw to add them to TextureReplacer but he hasn't been on in a little over two months. :(

15 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Someone actually decided to make new shaders for WindowShine out of the blue when I mentioned they where broken. They should fix all of the current highlighting issues, but I haven't the experience to add them myself, and I don't know of any modder who'd be up for it currently.

Ooh so pretty! Are those shaders 1.2pre?

• 2 weeks later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۷/۱۰ ه‍.ش. at 10:27 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

hKDhFn9.gif

Once again I'm not the one who made the new shaders! A little birdy did it for me and I don't know if he wants to be named. Either way though, they aren't in the game currently because we wanted Shaw to add them to TextureReplacer but he hasn't been on in a little over two months. :(

GOD DAMN, this shader SHOULD become part of stock, not only it won't brake the global look of ksp but also it adds much more beauty to it DAMN SQUAD ADD THIS :D

34 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

2.5 just came out with reflections restored, was this, I'm hoping, related?

Sort of related? I'm just happy to see that any type reflections have been added back :D - I don't think it's the updated shaders though, just a revitalization. @RangeMachine can you confirm?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.