[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

1 hour ago, AndrewHere said:

Any update coming soon. I would really like to use the mod on 1.1.2 :D

Waiting on TextureReplacer atm :) - I'll be updating ASAP as soon as the reflection plugin is working in 1.1.2

7 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Waiting on TextureReplacer atm :) - I'll be updating ASAP as soon as the reflection plugin is working in 1.1.2

Though TextureReplacer is not 1.1.2 official, it still works perfectly fine. I'm currently playing 1.1.2 using your addon in conjuction with TP and a small MM doobelidoo and I have not encountered any bees yet. All the meshes I want to be reflective are reflective.

Hey Avera9eJoe I love this mod. Just this tiny mod makes KSP even more awesome. I am playing 1.1.2 and the 1.1 TextureReplacer, and WindowShine almost works perfectly. The only thing that doesn't work is when you turn on the lights you don't see the light shine on the windows. Other than that its perfect.

3 hours ago, marioluigi653 said:

Hey Avera9eJoe I love this mod. Just this tiny mod makes KSP even more awesome. I am playing 1.1.2 and the 1.1 TextureReplacer, and WindowShine almost works perfectly. The only thing that doesn't work is when you turn on the lights you don't see the light shine on the windows. Other than that its perfect.

That's sadly going to be around for a while. It's a known issue with Shaw's reflection plugin. They don't play nicely with the window light shaders. Check known issues before posting :) I'm very glad to hear it's working though!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

18 minutes ago, marioluigi653 said:

Well that sucks, but deep down it really doesn't bother me. I'm sorry I had a brain fart. I saw it in the known issues.

np! :) It annoys me too but it's not enough of an issue for me to not use it myself as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is quite impressive! I've been moving away from Texture Replacer's own part reflection (which was great, but butchered my FPS after 1.1), and this seems a lot better an option.

Assuming it's not against your rules, do you mind if we modify it further? I'd like to use this to add reflections to polished metal parts (for example, the Stayputnik probe and other probes) that would, realistically, likely be reflective.

(of course, then I have to figure out the names of the meshes for each part I want to add...) 

EDIT: Darn, installing the KSPRC cfg for this mod chewed out my framerate again (and on a fairly robust system no less). Back to square one I suppose. 

Edited by Synthesis

2 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Wow, this is quite impressive! I've been moving away from Texture Replacer's own part reflection (which was great, but butchered my FPS after 1.1), and this seems a lot better an option.

Assuming it's not against your rules, do you mind if we modify it further? I'd like to use this to add reflections to polished metal parts (for example, the Stayputnik probe and other probes) that would, realistically, likely be reflective.

(of course, then I have to figure out the names of the meshes for each part I want to add...) 

EDIT: Darn, installing the KSPRC cfg for this mod chewed out my framerate again (and on a fairly robust system no less). Back to square one I suppose. 

Hmm sorry to hear you're having frame rate issues :(. Feel free to modify and mess around all you want with the WindowShine configs :) - If you do anything please post about it here too! It's always fun to read.

On 5/29/2016 at 7:20 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hmm sorry to hear you're having frame rate issues :(. Feel free to modify and mess around all you want with the WindowShine configs :) - If you do anything please post about it here too! It's always fun to read.

Thank you! At the very least, your patch adds reflections to things like command module windows--which is better than nothing (and that version didn't come with any major framerate drop). But using the KSPRC patch caused a serious problem (even without full reflections like the TR reflection part patch). Frustrating! I'm wondering exactly what the KSPRC patch changes...

EDIT: So, as it turns out, it's Kopernicus that is butchering my framerate with any sort of reflections. Removing immediately restores a pretty consistent, high framerate with reflections.

Edited by Synthesis

16 minutes ago, KerbOrbiter said:

IDK why, but my TR + WinShine works in 1.1.2 as is :huh:

I haven't booted up 1.1.2 yet (super busy atm :/ - Also Overwatch) so I haven't been able to personally confirm that it works. If you think though, I can totally update the OP's compatible version.

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

I haven't booted up 1.1.2 yet (super busy atm :/ - Also Overwatch) so I haven't been able to personally confirm that it works. If you think though, I can totally update the OP's compatible version.

In VAB (=> SPH too) it works, but I have not tried it in flight yet.

can anyone help me? I've been trying to get this mod to work for like an hour, but am failing every time. I am following the instructions exactly, but am still ending up with no results. Help! heres what ive been doing thus far. taking the squad file out of the window shine download and placing that in the correct location in the texture replacer file, under "default". however, i still dont get any results when I start the game. what am i doing wrong and how do i fix it.

12 minutes ago, RC Kerman said:

can anyone help me? I've been trying to get this mod to work for like an hour, but am failing every time. I am following the instructions exactly, but am still ending up with no results. Help! heres what ive been doing thus far. taking the squad file out of the window shine download and placing that in the correct location in the texture replacer file, under "default". however, i still dont get any results when I start the game. what am i doing wrong and how do i fix it.

You might want to poke around inside the TextureReplacer config files. Reflections might not be enabled on default anymore in 1.1.x and you might need to reenable them? Other than that I don't know what could be causing this not to work. TR is up to date correct?

yeah I'm fairly certain that everything is up to date, just to be clear I want to take the "squad" file found in the window shine download and place that under "default", found in the texture replacer download? the most detailed instructions would help, im kind of new at this. thanks so much for the response earlier, its great to have support on these types of things.

3 hours ago, RC Kerman said:

yeah I'm fairly certain that everything is up to date, just to be clear I want to take the "squad" file found in the window shine download and place that under "default", found in the texture replacer download? the most detailed instructions would help, im kind of new at this. thanks so much for the response earlier, its great to have support on these types of things.

Np! :) It should be TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/Parts/[part categories]/[individual parts]. I was a newb at one point too - still am in some regards :P

EDIT: One more thing - are you copying the WindowShine ".cfg" file? That's what has the modules that tell TR what parts to add reflections to. If you don't copy it over along with the WindowShine folder than nothing will happen. Is it this perhaps?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

where am i placing the config file exactly? and also, what folders should I be copying over from window shine, the whole squad folder? once i have these folders, where do i place them within texture replacer? am i replacing each individual part with those found in window shine? I know that your time is valuable, and i hate to have it spent on my ineptitude with this simple process, but what I have been doing is not going well. this mod is awesome, I've seen it used elsewhere and it looks great, i just cant seem to figure out what to do. I know that this is both tedious and time consuming, but I would love a step by step if you have the time. regardless, i cannot thank you enough for all your help thus far, it is still greatly appreciated. 

would anyone be willing to give me a step by step of how they installed this mod successfully? i would really appreciate it. the more details the better, I'm very new at this. i dont know why this mod is giving me so much trouble but im sure its something im doing wrong and nothing to do with the mod itself.

On 6/12/2016 at 9:46 AM, RC Kerman said:

would anyone be willing to give me a step by step of how they installed this mod successfully? i would really appreciate it. the more details the better, I'm very new at this. i dont know why this mod is giving me so much trouble but im sure its something im doing wrong and nothing to do with the mod itself.

3 minutes ago, AndrewHere said:

Step by step installation please? :D

To install it you literally copy and merge GameData from the .zip to your KSP directory. That's all

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

To install it you literally copy and merge GameData from the .zip to your KSP directory. That's all

Aw i thought its more complicated because last time i installed it wasn't updated and i had to do more steps, i read someone post here :D Thanks

3 minutes ago, AndrewHere said:

Aw i thought its more complicated because last time i installed it wasn't updated and i had to do more steps, i read someone post here :D Thanks

It should work with just a merge unless the TR reflection plugin is still out of date. Keep me posted if you have any more problems :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.