[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

47 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I mean specular highlights - shine, not reflection.

Aye it keeps that thankfully lol - It's like the one shader that it doesn't overwrite currently :P - TextureReplacer just replaces any default squad texture that's name is in it's folder so if you want to add a custom specular texture then you just put the duplicate texture in the same location in TextureReplacer that it is in stock.

I.E.

Gamedata/Squad/Parts/Command/Mk2LanderCan/module000

TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/Parts/Command/Mk2LanderCan/module000

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Aye it keeps that thankfully lol - It's like the one shader that it doesn't overwrite currently :P - TextureReplacer just replaces any default squad texture that's name is in it's folder so if you want to add a custom specular texture then you just put the duplicate texture in the same location in TextureReplacer that it is in stock.

Sorry, I don't think you understood. I was putting the reflective shader on my Apollo parts - the walls of the capsule are actually supposed to be chrome/reflective. I was curious if they would also keep their specular highlights in addition to being reflective.

270px-Apollo_17_Command_Module_AS17-145-

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sorry, I don't think you understood. I was putting the reflective shader on my Apollo parts - the walls of the capsule are actually supposed to be chrome/reflective. I was curious if they would also keep their specular highlights in addition to being reflective.

270px-Apollo_17_Command_Module_AS17-145-

It should yes. Correct me if I'm wrong though in your findings :P Also, that image of Apollo (probably 11? Maybe 10?) is beautiful... best of luck recreating it :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It should yes. Correct me if I'm wrong though in your findings :P Also, that image of Apollo (probably 11? Maybe 10?) is beautiful... best of luck recreating it :)

17, according to the image URL

• 1 month later...

I got an install testing KSPRC and its plugins, all of it is updated to 1.2.2 . Tried installing WindowShine, but it doesn't show up. Took out KSPRC's squad textures to make it stock again but no results. I conducted a test on a clean install with nothing but TextureReplacer and Windowshine, and it worked. I later deleted the TextureReplacer file and replaced it with the one that worked and garnered the same results as before. I'm not sure which mod is conflicting with WindowShine, but I do have suspicion that it may have to do with KSPRC configs.

Here's a log to my KSPRC test install : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt9vwgt6y7bl8zr/output_log.txt?dl=0
Modlist: DistantObject, EVE, Kopernicus, KSPRC, Scatterer, TextureReplacer (all accept KSPRC updated to latest version)

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:07 AM, Supergamervictor said:

I got an install testing KSPRC and its plugins, all of it is updated to 1.2.2 . Tried installing WindowShine, but it doesn't show up. Took out KSPRC's squad textures to make it stock again but no results. I conducted a test on a clean install with nothing but TextureReplacer and Windowshine, and it worked. I later deleted the TextureReplacer file and replaced it with the one that worked and garnered the same results as before. I'm not sure which mod is conflicting with WindowShine, but I do have suspicion that it may have to do with KSPRC configs.

Here's a log to my KSPRC test install : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt9vwgt6y7bl8zr/output_log.txt?dl=0
Modlist: DistantObject, EVE, Kopernicus, KSPRC, Scatterer, TextureReplacer (all accept KSPRC updated to latest version)

Hm :/ Sorry for the late reply but I'm afraid I don't know why it's not working for you. KSPRC does have a custom config file in the compatible mods list in the OP. Have you tried that?

4 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Hey Joe, you change the name?

So can you riddle the news?

Hello again Climber :) I haven't changed this mods name... What did you think it was?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm :/ Sorry for the late reply but I'm afraid I don't know why it's not working for you. KSPRC does have a custom config file in the compatible mods list in the OP. Have you tried that?

Hello again Climber :) I haven't changed this mods name... What did you think it was?

I can be wrong, i was thinking you change your forum name. But forget that part.

Remember a time ago i was trying to have reflexions and transparency in the same time on my mod windows?

So look!

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.21.31 AM

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.21.10 AM

9 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

I can be wrong, i was thinking you change your forum name. But forget that part.

Remember a time ago i was trying to have reflexions and transparency in the same time on my mod windows?

So look!

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.21.31 AM

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.21.10 AM

WHAT?! HOW! That look absolutely amazing dude!

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

WHAT?! HOW! That look absolutely amazing dude!

So, i was trying some different combinations today, with fresh mind, and i find one that is what i need.

Remember that the on only shader that work with that was the one described on the cfg? (Reflective/Bumped Diffuse).

I but the line in comments and go back to Unity to try other combinations. The one that worked here was KSP/Alpha/Translucent Specular.

I manage to have the glass of windows on a separate mesh  then applied that variant of the same texture file for the windows, and voila! It works.

Here my code:

MODULE
        {
          name = TRReflection
//          shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
          colour = 0.75 0.75 0.75
          interval = 1
          meshes = vidro_externo_1 vidro_externo vidro_interno_1 vidro_interno
        }

And a screenshot of the Unity config:

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 5.43.44 AM

On 11/3/2016 at 2:32 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Do you know if specular still works as well? In which case, is it driven by the alpha of the original texture, or by the one in the replacer folder?

Aye, sadly it still does :( - still looking for an experienced modder to add in the new shaders in the OP.

Please excuse me if this has already been asked.

How am I supposed to install this mod if TextureReplacer isn't updated for 1.2? This mod looks gorgeous and I really want to use it, but from what I'm reading, TextureReplacer is an essential part. Also, what about installing the shaders for a supported mod (in my case, near future solar and spacecraft)?

Cheers!

Edited by Doctor_E

51 minutes ago, Doctor_E said:

Please excuse me if this has already been asked.

How am I supposed to install this mod if TextureReplacer isn't updated for 1.2? This mod looks gorgeous and I really want to use it, but from what I'm reading, TextureReplacer is an essential part. Also, what about installing the shaders for a supported mod (in my case, near future solar and spacecraft)?

Cheers!

Doctor. I'm using Texture Replacer and Window Shine in KSP 1.2.2 on Mac OS X 64 Bit. The only thing i lost is the transparency on the Kerbal Visors, but it have a gorgeous gold reflexes in place. Even my on windows mod is working as charm.

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 6.37.42 AM

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...

THe MKS pack  has this path: GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/UmbraSpaceIndustries/kolonization//Assets
But in my GameData folder the MKS is in: 
GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS

I have a Kolonization folder but just because I added some png's that fixed the blizzard's toolbar appearing purple, but there isn't anything else, also the files that WindowShine appears to be replacing from this mod happen to be in the MKS/Assets folder.

So, should I leave it like it is, or fix the folders matching my built MKS path?

2 hours ago, Agustin said:

THe MKS pack  has this path: GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/UmbraSpaceIndustries/kolonization//Assets
But in my GameData folder the MKS is in: 
GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS

I have a Kolonization folder but just because I added some png's that fixed the blizzard's toolbar appearing purple, but there isn't anything else, also the files that WindowShine appears to be replacing from this mod happen to be in the MKS/Assets folder.

So, should I leave it like it is, or fix the folders matching my built MKS path?

Are the windows reflective? It's possible that MKS has had an update that changed their filepaths. If they did then I'll need to redo the file path for the WindowShine compatibility.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

Bug Report:

• The .cfg has several entries for docking ports and landing legs that seem to have been partially commented out, but you should finish commenting them to prevent loading errors.

Aye, at one point I wanted to add reflections to docking ports and landing legs but I got very strange errors with them losing most of their right click options or not animating... I left them in the configs so I wouldn't have to dig up the values if I wanted to add reflections again in the future. By commenting the rest of them out you mean I should add '//' in front of each line for those part entries?

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Aye, at one point I wanted to add reflections to docking ports and landing legs but I got very strange errors with them losing most of their right click options or not animating... I left them in the configs so I wouldn't have to dig up the values if I wanted to add reflections again in the future. By commenting the rest of them out you mean I should add '//' in front of each line for those part entries?

Yes, // in front of each line. Otherwise, I think you can also use /* stuff */ to span a block.

Okay... so I found something very interesting.

Metallic 255 and Smoothness 255 = 100% reflectivity

Red Channel = Metallic value
Green Channel = Smoothness value
Alpha Channel = Occlusion value

... however I cannot seem to get it to work...

Edited by Electrocutor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.